Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

• 4 weeks later...

It may have been mentioned before but I have always wanted to create my own assistant manager. I know after a while staff will leave a club if you do but I would like to create someone who has a good relationship with you from the start and knows how you like to do things. I have come back to FM15 after a few years away from it and I love how you can decide what sort of manager you are and what level of coaching badges you have. The same could be done for an assistant.

I am in process of taking MVV Maastricht back to the Eredivisie. Always had a 'thing' for them due to having family living just outside of Maastricht. I am hoping to go to a game next year.

Any official date announced? Looking forward to it now. Intrigued to see if it has correctly improved some of our underrated players. Albrighton was gash on FM15.

When Leicester lost to Watford in the play off semi final I mentioned on the official forums that Vardy was criminally underrated, especially in terms of his pace, and deserved an improvement for the next FM. This was after the first few weeks of the new season, too, however I was told that the stats were already locked and had been since the end of the previous season.

So based on that it sounds like Mahrez performance in the games so far this season won't affect his rating and we'll have to wait to see if he can keep it up and get an improvement in the January update :(

Yeah he should be. He's good on 15 but nothing special and I rarely end up using him regularly. He's too one dimensional on it for me.

Mahrez was the last Leicester City player i sold on 15. Was worth over £15 million and in team of the season. Sold him to Arsenal I think for about £20 million. He was my fifth choice winger at that point. Head and shoulders above all other Leicester City attacking players on 15

The idea of starting the game as a current manager is brilliant, never really thought about it but does make sense. 

Also really like the idea of scrapping transfer budgets, yeah every club has a figure at the start of the season that they are prepared to spend but the idea of pitching for money to your Chairman (especially if you're a lower league club) is a really good challenge. 

Please scrap the daft press conferences. 

Mahrez was the last Leicester City player i sold on 15. Was worth over £15 million and in team of the season. Sold him to Arsenal I think for about £20 million. He was my fifth choice winger at that point. Head and shoulders above all other Leicester City attacking players on 15

I assume your formation involved using an inside forward on on the right? I'm not a massive fan of inside forwards on this game to be honest, don't find them particularly effective. He's pretty useless at everything else I find.

His dribbling stat of 15 is under-rated. I honestly think he could be an 18 for that.

The idea of starting the game as a current manager is brilliant, never really thought about it but does make sense. 

Also really like the idea of scrapping transfer budgets, yeah every club has a figure at the start of the season that they are prepared to spend but the idea of pitching for money to your Chairman (especially if you're a lower league club) is a really good challenge. 

Please scrap the daft press conferences. 

The press conferences are poor, still. Appreciate how hard it is to implement something realistic but I still don't think there are nearly enough options for answers and some of the questions are ridiculous.

"Lavezzi's goal was special wasn't it? What did you make to it?" giving you options to either go on about how his diving header was one of the best goals you've ever seen, or how there was fortune about it, when it was neither.

I like the feature of them making something of records between clubs/managers, but they don't half over-react. "You haven't beaten RC Lens in your last two games, why do you have such a bad record against them?", as if that's worth any kind of note? I'd understand if it was about 6 or 7 but that's a bit daft. Along those lines "you've got such a poor record against Luis Enrique in your career, why do you think that is?" - where is the option of "well, I'm not sure, but I'd imagine the fact Enrique can call on Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Busquets, Alba, Rakitic, Pique, Bravo and £70mil a year net spend might have something to do with the fact my Las Palmas side cannot touch them".

What I would like to see is more realistic 'in play' occurrences. I'm fairly sure they did it a few years back but players getting sent off for off the ball incidents of violent conduct, or managers being sent to the stands. Of course I wouldn't want it to happen every week because in real life they don't, I just think it would be a good idea.

Along those lines "you've got such a poor record against Luis Enrique in your career, why do you think that is?" - where is the option of "well, I'm not sure, but I'd imagine the fact Enrique can call on Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Busquets, Alba, Rakitic, Pique, Bravo and £70mil a year net spend might have something to do with the fact my Las Palmas side cannot touch them".

Sorry Sean Dyche

What I would like to see is more realistic 'in play' occurrences. I'm fairly sure they did it a few years back but players getting sent off for off the ball incidents of violent conduct, or managers being sent to the stands. Of course I wouldn't want it to happen every week because in real life they don't, I just think it would be a good idea.

We aren't allowed to do that sort of thing for real life players for legal reasons. They should happen to regens though.

Guest Mee-9

Kramaric was the one for me on FM15, Mahrez never really did too much, Knocky was better. 

Interested to see how good he is on 16. 

Guest Mee-9

Kramaric flattered to deceive for me as well. Just didn't score enough.

Drinkwater was Leicester's best player for me by a mile.

Drinkwater was always really steady for me, James I always used to sell for about 6m to Everton  :scarf:

Vardy recorded as the fastest player in the premier league so far this season, he'll still have 16 pace in FM to go with his 12 finishing, 10 dribbling, 11 first touch and composure and 9 strength. What do we reckon, 12 technique if they're feeling generous?

Completely unusable.

At least Okazaki and Huth will be done by whoever they played for last year so they might be half decent.

i've got a bochum save on the classic version and I'm top after playing 11 games, barely conceding any goals with a what i feel is a pretty standard tactic and it feels easy, my two better players are both injured at the minute as well

Archived