Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Thanks Ricey.

With the create a new club feature, how is the squad decided for that new team?

You choose a club to replace, so you can either stick with that clubs squad, or edit it. You can add any player you like as long as you remain within the clubs budget and you can also add 2 custom players.

these new tactic screens are absolute gash

Cheers.

The screenshot of the Tactics overview doesn't paint it in the best light as it's the match version, which suffers from a lack of available vertical space, making the players on the pitch look quite big.

The main version looks a lot better and all the changes I made to it were about functionality and usability, which you can't judge in a screenshot.

For example, the pie charts beside each squad number are now a lot easier to compare, match fitness is shown by default within the condition icon, the position names are back on the left (GK, DL etc), role buttons on the left are less text-heavy, you can hide the pitch at any time to view more columns and you can toggle views on the pitch to view stats instead of roles (condition/morale/av. rating).

You choose a club to replace, so you can either stick with that clubs squad, or edit it. You can add any player you like as long as you remain within the clubs budget and you can also add 2 custom players.

so i cannot take over kettering town and sign messi then? ah well! 

Thanks for clearing all those points up Ricey.

Most I've looked forward to a release in a while.

Tbf there's nothing obviously wrong with FM unlike Fifa so there's only minor improvements that can be made

I've thought this. The only things I can think of is players not randomly booting another opponent and getting sent off. Maybe include 10-man brawls instead? Also, I don't recall ever seeing an indirect free-kick. 

I wish there'd be actual scenes of your team lifting the trophy and confetti and shit when you win something.

I still play 2D so imagine seeing my little circles walking up the steps and having the crowd cheer as my captain lifts the Champions League trophy would make my efforts feel a lot more rewarding. I want my little manager circle to be lifted onto the shoulders of my players and thrown into the air. I want some god damn recognition damnit! The way the final whistle goes and it cuts straight to the team talk depresses me, especially when I've taken someone from League 1 to the CL final ffs. The brief moment of glory is telling your team passionately to "enjoy these moments, you've deserved it" and it doesn't quite cut it lol

Maybe it's just me.

I wish there'd be actual scenes of your team lifting the trophy and confetti and shit when you win something.

I still play 2D so imagine seeing my little circles walking up the steps and having the crowd cheer as my captain lifts the Champions League trophy would make my efforts feel a lot more rewarding. I want my little manager circle to be lifted onto the shoulders of my players and thrown into the air. I want some god damn recognition damnit! The way the final whistle goes and it cuts straight to the team talk depresses me, especially when I've taken someone from League 1 to the CL final ffs. The brief moment of glory is telling your team passionately to "enjoy these moments, you've deserved it" and it doesn't quite cut it lol

Maybe it's just me.

its not just you. when i managed arsenal back on FM12(my favourite by the way) i was losing on agg to real madrid (on away goals). scored a last minute home goal that snatched me the game in the 93rd minute. i went batshit insane and in my head created news stories about it and even a clip they were putting around on the imaginary sky sports news of me jumping into the crowd celebrating.

....jesus i need to get out more. 

Maybe it's just me.

Christ Ozwin, get with the times!

Actually, if you just switched to the 3D match engine, you would get confetti when you win a cup ;)

How much more incentive do you need?

I meant for a pass-back or something, so one in the area.

To be fair, those are very very rare in real life too.

Vardy recorded as the fastest player in the premier league so far this season, he'll still have 16 pace in FM to go with his 12 finishing, 10 dribbling, 11 first touch and composure and 9 strength. What do we reckon, 12 technique if they're feeling generous?

Completely unusable.

At least Okazaki and Huth will be done by whoever they played for last year so they might be half decent.

Tbf. Vardy isn't a great finisher, dribbler or of great composure or technique. If he was he'd be scoring 15 goals a season and not playing for Leicester. Not sure what you're expecting?

He isn't though. Pace is ridiculously overpowered in Football Mamager going back to when Agbonlahor used to get you 20 goals a season with basically pace and nothing else and how Lloyd Dyer used to be stupidly overpowered with pace and nothing else for Leicester in the Championship. Play him as a defensive forward and he's incredibly effective - and scores you many more goals than he does in real life.

Vardys pace and acceleration should be at least 18, work rate 20, technique 15 and finishing and composure 13 at least.

Steady on. I'd have his technique nearer 12. Struggling to disagree with the others though. If he isn't a 20 for work rate, who is?

Work rate 20, determination 20, bravery 16+, aggression 16+, team work 16+, off the ball 16+, anticipation 16+, vision 12+, finishing 13/14, composure 14ish, tackling 11/12, shit heading, 11/12 first touch, 19 pace, 18/19 acceleration, 20 natural fitness and 18+ stamina.

Should be an absolute animal. Will get none of that.

Christ Ozwin, get with the times!

Actually, if you just switched to the 3D match engine, you would get confetti when you win a cup ;)

How much more incentive do you need?

To be fair, those are very very rare in real life too.

Was the 3D match engine improved much from '14 to '15? Only started playing '14 recently, last one I played was 2008 and I couldn't get on with the 3D highlights. The game play seemed a lot less natural/realistic than the 2D. I feel like it's easier to see how your tactics are working in 2D as well.

Was the 3D match engine improved much from '14 to '15? Only started playing '14 recently, last one I played was 2008 and I couldn't get on with the 3D highlights. The game play seemed a lot less natural/realistic than the 2D. I feel like it's easier to see how your tactics are working in 2D as well.

Not much difference between 2014 and 2015 IMO. Regarding view for tactics, you can just choose the 'elevated' camera in 3D. It will give you a nice top down view with regards to tactics. Also, you are able to see stuff like two-footed tackles, overhead kicks, volleys, freekicks over jumping walls etc, which you can't in 2D.

Archived