Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody hell, this is the most frustrating thing ever...

I've had a couple of attempts of playing with Leicester now and have had 2 car crash seasons.

first one I was sacked after about 20 games languishing rock bottom of the table. I just have the leakiest defence ever! I managed to sign Barbosa for £13m and stuck him up top with Vardy and Mahrez just behind. Scoring goals were not a problem but I was losing games 4-3, 5-4 etc....

Was and Wes were injured for first few months so I was playing with Amartay and Huth as centre backs so put it down to this at first.... Wes came back but didn't improve my fortunes! Every formation I tried I could score goals but I was a siv at the back! The game is still ridiculous in it's ability to repeat the same thing over and over again. I could guarantee that I'd always concede straight after I scored and just before halftime in every match! Literally every fooking game! The commentator would bang on about focus so I knew this was coming from some sort of algorithm but It was hell bent on screwing me over! 

I think I found like a diamond 4-4-2 my best formation with Amartay as a ball winner just behind Kante (box to box) and Drinky(deep lying playmaker) with MAhrez top of the diamond behind Vardy (defensive forward) and Barbosa.

Vici wanted me to get 10 points in 5 games to save my job but gave me the the worst set of fixtures to do it and I just fell short. The formation above seemed the key though..

So I started a new game, didn't manage to sign Barbosa this time as they wanted £25m and wouldn't budge (seemed strange as normally it's pretty consistent game to game) but thought "lets improve the defence" so I made 2 loan signings, one was some bloke from Juventus who looked good and the other was from Liverpool, there name's escape me but they were the only two semi-decent looking defenders available on loan at the start.. Started the Juventus guy with Morgan but same old story, conceding goals right left and centre. Okazaki had now turned into to goal machine playing as a shadow striker so wondering if he should play behind and Mahrez somewhere else?

Think I will start selling Albrighton. What's the best way to extort the maximum amount of money for him? Also can you help with the defence please??

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Bloody hell, this is the most frustrating thing ever...

I've had a couple of attempts of playing with Leicester now and have had 2 car crash seasons.

first one I was sacked after about 20 games languishing rock bottom of the table. I just have the leakiest defence ever! I managed to sign Barbosa for £13m and stuck him up top with Vardy and Mahrez just behind. Scoring goals were not a problem but I was losing games 4-3, 5-4 etc....

Was and Wes were injured for first few months so I was playing with Amartay and Huth as centre backs so put it down to this at first.... Wes came back but didn't improve my fortunes! Every formation I tried I could score goals but I was a siv at the back! The game is still ridiculous in it's ability to repeat the same thing over and over again. I could guarantee that I'd always concede straight after I scored and just before halftime in every match! Literally every fooking game! The commentator would bang on about focus so I knew this was coming from some sort of algorithm but It was hell bent on screwing me over! 

I think I found like a diamond 4-4-2 my best formation with Amartay as a ball winner just behind Kante (box to box) and Drinky(deep lying playmaker) with MAhrez top of the diamond behind Vardy (defensive forward) and Barbosa.

Vici wanted me to get 10 points in 5 games to save my job but gave me the the worst set of fixtures to do it and I just fell short. The formation above seemed the key though..

So I started a new game, didn't manage to sign Barbosa this time as they wanted £25m and wouldn't budge (seemed strange as normally it's pretty consistent game to game) but thought "lets improve the defence" so I made 2 loan signings, one was some bloke from Juventus who looked good and the other was from Liverpool, there name's escape me but they were the only two semi-decent looking defenders available on loan at the start.. Started the Juventus guy with Morgan but same old story, conceding goals right left and centre. Okazaki had now turned into to goal machine playing as a shadow striker so wondering if he should play behind and Mahrez somewhere else?

Think I will start selling Albrighton. What's the best way to extort the maximum amount of money for him? Also can you help with the defence please??

Post your full tactic and team instructions

Got into my longest save again. I started at Schalke and slowly built them up until they won 4 consecutive Bundesliga's and the Champions League. I focused on the defence and built an incredible unit which conceded 12 goals one season, providing the backbone for our success. Some of my best regens from the defence:

76f261df9dba452689a01a35b8cdedc5.png

7322adac8cf0496e98ad44a740b1631c.png

554050a78b7b41ca8d88d84a6ff4f346.png

Eventually lost interest though with all the success and upped sticks to Atletico, swapping jobs with Diego Simeone. Finished 3rd the first season and lost in the Europa League final in possibly the most crazy and horrible game I've had on this year's edition. 1-1 going into extra time, we made it 2-1, went down 2-3, then equalised before losing 4-3 in the final minute to PSV.

fc16fd7e8d824330aab40b3154da1e70.png

Now top of the league in December 2024, with the best striker in Europe up front. Averages a goal a game for me and has insane stats.

d146b08a3ec3411db63b86126da83237.png

72cc56f1fbae41409215862f80b94a93.png

5 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Decent download on steam that gives you all the clubs with transfers/ leagues/ champions league as of now... Just started a new save with lcfc, let's see if slimani and vardy can play up top together and destroy the prem and champions league :riyad:

Might download this. Might also have to tweak the data to my parallel universe where Kante decided to stay! 

Just downloaded the new data update and breezed through pre season. Named my Champions League squad and the next day had Wasyl requesting a meeting with me demanding to know why he'd been left out! 

Was looking for the "I'm sorry Marcin, please don't smash my face in"  option! 

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Just downloaded the new data update and breezed through pre season. Named my Champions League squad and the next day had Wasyl requesting a meeting with me demanding to know why he'd been left out! 

Was looking for the "I'm sorry Marcin, please don't smash my face in"  option! 

Haven't had a chance to play it today but I'm about the same distance as you, it was nice going for players and them choosing you over the "big boys"... I signed Perruzi who chose little ol Leicester over Liverpool and Musacchio chose us over Man U

• 2 weeks later...

Archived