Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Vardy recorded as the fastest player in the premier league so far this season, he'll still have 16 pace in FM to go with his 12 finishing, 10 dribbling, 11 first touch and composure and 9 strength. What do we reckon, 12 technique if they're feeling generous?

Completely unusable.

At least Okazaki and Huth will be done by whoever they played for last year so they might be half decent.

I got a lot of use out of Vardy, had him and Ulloa rotating as Defensive Forwards, Knockaert retrained as a striker, with Mahrez IF (who was an absolute machine for me).

Looking forward to having a bit more quality this year though, I had to make some silly tactic to get use out of the players.

Albrighton's stats are so poor, he was the most unusable for me!

Kramaric was the one for me on FM15, Mahrez never really did too much, Knocky was better. 

Interested to see how good he is on 16. 

Kramaric flattered to deceive for me as well. Just didn't score enough.

Drinkwater was Leicester's best player for me by a mile.

Kramaric scored 20+ goals for me on my save, i was well happy with him, stayed pretty much injury free as well. Real Madrid came in for him at the end of my first season so i sold him for £15 million odd and then had them loan him back to me for the following season. Wasn't the same after that, his head was obviously in Spain. Agree with Drinkwater, he was bar far and away one of my most consistent performers in the two seasons i managed leicester. I got offered the Liverpool job after two years and took them both with me, brought Kramaric back off Real Madrid for about half the price they'd paid for him and Drinkwater for like £5mill. Kramaric was a good back up striker and Drinky forced his way in to the side a few times. 

:|

He captained me to a Champions League final win and I sold him for over 20 million

Haven't got a clue how. How did you use him? He hardly ever had a performance outside of 6.6-6.8 for me, and consequently ended up being sold for about £4mil whilst I could. It's been the case since about FM13 as well.

Liam Moore's shite as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Kramaric flattered to deceive for me as well. Just didn't score enough.

Drinkwater was Leicester's best player for me by a mile.

Krama is superb on 15! Scored 30+ goals a season for four years on mine, either as a lone poacher, with a defensive forward partner or even as an IF/RMD in a few cases. I've not yet had a more clinical striker on that version.

Drinkwater is solid, but has his obvious flaws.

They're all shit. I never use any of them, it's heart breaking.

They're not though? Schlupp and Albrighton are admittedly shit while I would never dream of playing Morgan regularly with his dreadful speed.

Vardy recorded as the fastest player in the premier league so far this season, he'll still have 16 pace in FM to go with his 12 finishing, 10 dribbling, 11 first touch and composure and 9 strength. What do we reckon, 12 technique if they're feeling generous?

Completely unusable.

At least Okazaki and Huth will be done by whoever they played for last year so they might be half decent.

Did you actually give Vardy a chance? As a defensive forward, he's quite useful. He scored a dozen for me in twenty odd appearances first season for me, even from AMR. He spurns a few chances per goal (just like IRL) and seems to be the harrying type when in that DF position. He single-handedly made me review the different stats of players, because I never would expect him to be that productive with such stats, but he was!

Krama's lack of passing, vision, determination and average finising along with sub-top speed is more than offset by his flair, PPMs and agility in my experience.

Moore is the only one who improves significantly and he's too shit to use initially anyway :(

He's one that I've kept throughout my Leicester game mainly to meet the homegrown quota, but also because he's versatile and because his long throws are a real weapon! I've rarely had the need for world-class central defenders in FM anyway, because even above-average defenders will do the job 90% of the time.

I'm underwhelmed by the features announced so far. The product is great already, but the improvements that can be made should be focused on the core features, like the match engine, the stats system, player and squad management systems, transfer systems, AI etc.

Apart from the Create a Club feature and head-to-head draft, there's nothing new is there? And even then, users have been creating their own clubs for ages with the editor. Kudos I suppose to make that easier.

Odd that they would show that screenshot of the negotiations page. It's just been revamped, nothing's actually changed? Basically the same with the analysis and set piece screens.

Even if these are remade, they're such a peripheral part of the game which adds little to no value.

I'm hoping the "#FM16 Match engine - 2000+ new animations, deeper set-piece control, improved AI & brand-new highlights package" tweet lives up to its promise, because those changes can make a telling difference.

oh god create a club looks fantastic! i am going to lose so much time on this! 

EDIT: will it be a "replace a club" situation or create a brand new club and start from the bottom and work your way up. 

Considering all the improvements etc, you'd hope it'll be create a whole new club, as you can already replace a club on FM15 on your mobile?

oh god create a club looks fantastic! i am going to lose so much time on this! 

EDIT: will it be a "replace a club" situation or create a brand new club and start from the bottom and work your way up. 

It replaces a club. You can start from the bottom by replacing a small club or create a big club by replacing another big club.

Is that multi player only?

Say you've only got two people to play it? How would the rest of the league work?

It is multi-player only. It works in the same way as Versus mode, so you can choose a one off match, knockout cup or league.

I'm underwhelmed by the features announced so far. The product is great already, but the improvements that can be made should be focused on the core features, like the match engine, the stats system, player and squad management systems, transfer systems, AI etc.

Apart from the Create a Club feature and head-to-head draft, there's nothing new is there? And even then, users have been creating their own clubs for ages with the editor. Kudos I suppose to make that easier.

Odd that they would show that screenshot of the negotiations page. It's just been revamped, nothing's actually changed? Basically the same with the analysis and set piece screens.

Even if these are remade, they're such a peripheral part of the game which adds little to no value.

I'm hoping the "#FM16 Match engine - 2000+ new animations, deeper set-piece control, improved AI & brand-new highlights package" tweet lives up to its promise, because those changes can make a telling difference.

Proof is in the pudding and although the features announced don't excite you (there are more to come naturally) I'm confident you'll be happy and impressed with the changes that have been made.

Considering all the improvements etc, you'd hope it'll be create a whole new club, as you can already replace a club on FM15 on your mobile?

It replaces a club. You can start from the bottom by replacing a small club or create a big club by replacing another big club.

I stand corrected lol

Proof is in the pudding and although the features announced don't excite you (there are more to come naturally) I'm confident you'll be happy and impressed with the changes that have been made.

That is reassuring :)

fair enough. can you create histories too then? May make an AFC kegworth and see if i can bring them into the big leagues. not usually good at it but here's hoping. 

I can see why Kramaric is rated and I do think that I should've got more out of him than I did but for some reason he was really ordinary for me.

I generally flatter to deceive with Leicester.

I always played him on his own up top, with Mahrez and another winger on the flanks.

Genuinely was class on it.

It is multi-player only. It works in the same way as Versus mode, so you can choose a one off match, knockout cup or league.

Thanks Ricey.

With the create a new club feature, how is the squad decided for that new team?

Archived