Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burton Albion 1-2 Leicester

Albrighton is one of the best free transfer signings we've ever made.

I remember thinking that at the time. Perhaps our new manager should leave him out for 70% of the season an then he too can get hailed as a 'genius' on Foxes Talk.

Didn't hear the comments about Okazaki but there were clear 'monkey noise' chants made towards a Burton player, something I don't think I've heard in my 10 or so years of attending football regularly.

Completely embarassing.

Really? I was behind the goal and didn't hear that. Although, I didn't hear anything untoward about Okazaki either, yet everyone else seems to have heard it, so perhaps I'm going deaf....

It is strange isn't it that so many people can go to a game and yet have such varied views. The beauty of football, it's a mass of opinions.

In my opinion:

Vardy looked his usual sharp self.

Huth was commanding.

Wasleski was solid (but always a step away from killing someone).

Allbrighton poor 1st half (often giving the ball away), excellent 2nd half.

Kramaric ? I know he divides opinion but I thought he looks to have bags of skill. Liked him best when he dropped off a bit and played in the hole (2nd part of 2nd half).

Chilwell, real potential there, give him chances maybe in early rounds of the cup and see how he does.

The others? Looked like they still need a few more games to get match ready.

Good turn out by City fans, I thought Ranieri reacted with humour once he acknowledged the "Ranieri give us a wave chant"

Could the idiots referring to Japanese people as dog eaters PLEASE save your opinions for your EDL marches, and no it isn't just a bit of 'banter'.

Agree with all this. I'd say Okazaki doesn't look match ready yet, but I thought he was out-muscled last night plenty of times, I really think he is going to struggle in the PL. I hope I'm proved wrong (normally am :-)).

The moronic dog eating chants are an indictment on the stupidity of the perpetrators. Although a product of extreme ignorance as opposed to a direct racial slur, they are nonetheless often underpinned by unsettling sentiments and agendas which you would hope were eradicated from our grounds years ago.

It's not simply a question of intent. There was no ill intent behind this, a dreadfully ill conceived helmet design for World Champion Marc Marquez at the 2012 Japanese round of Moto GP - (ironically a Japanese helmet manufacturer) - astonishingly meant as a token of gratitude and acknowledgement for the HRC staff in his crew. But it's far worse than joking about canine cuisine...

post-22112-0-76714000-1438163472_thumb.j

Didn't hear the comments about Okazaki but there were clear 'monkey noise' chants made towards a Burton player, something I don't think I've heard in my 10 or so years of attending football regularly.

Completely embarassing.

I thought I heard that too. But thought I was imagining things. Was more than likely that moron that was shouting random idiotic chants all game

Completely embarassing.

Yeah he was right near us. To be honest I'm not sure it was actually directed at anyone, he was acting frankly weird all night and just seemed to sing any old drivel. Don't think it was racist but it was definitely stupid.

I don't think 343 is suited to a lower tempo, shorter passing game, our centrebacks aren't comfortable enough on the ball and the midfield pairing aren't capable of dominating possession.

If we're playing 343 we need to play like we did at the end of the season with pace and width.

I don't think 343 is suited to a lower tempo, shorter passing game, our centrebacks aren't comfortable enough on the ball and the midfield pairing aren't capable of dominating possession.

If we're playing 343 we need to play like we did at the end of the season with pace and width.

Agreed. If Claudio trys to slow it down, particularly without Cambiassos ability to control tempo we could end up chasing shadows like from October - December period.

King and Hammond probably aren't good enough to protect the back three without possession and if the wingbacks get pegged back we struggle.

Liverpool play a slow 3-4-3 and got found out in the second half of last season.

Agreed. If Claudio trys to slow it down, particularly without Cambiassos ability to control tempo we could end up chasing shadows like from October - December period.

King and Hammond probably aren't good enough to protect the back three without possession and if the wingbacks get pegged back we struggle.

Liverpool play a slow 3-4-3 and got found out in the second half of last season.

If we're playing like we did yesterday we'll need to play 352 but maybe that's the plan however we don't have the squad to play that way especially considering the schedule

It also depends on the opposition, if a team is coming at us (I can't imagine Burton were) then we will have more space to get the ball forwards quicker, if a team is sitting back we need to be able to be patient and build attacks from the back.

We won't be going all out in a preseason friendly.

It also depends on the opposition, if a team is coming at us (I can't imagine Burton were) then we will have more space to get the ball forwards quicker, if a team is sitting back we need to be able to be patient and build attacks from the back.

We won't be going all out in a preseason friendly.

Burton didn't need to press particularly well to make us struggle on the ball, we were passing it around the back because the lack of outlets, the wing backs didn't get much time on the ball so we resorted to playing long to our 5'8, 5'10 and 5'11 eleven forwards, which would be fine if we had a brilliant passer in the middle of the park but we don't anymore. Having a third forward was a waste of time yesterday.

Lcfc-ddskdn-formation-tactics.png

Archived