Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burton Albion 1-2 Leicester

I was at the game and I thought some players stood out more than others. Chilwell had a good game, as did Hammond and Vardy.

Anyone who's criticising the play where King hit the bar and Hammond missing the following up, probably didn't see they were both two brillian efforts that would have been very very good goals. Not as cut and dry as a tap in.

Agree that Okazaki looked a bit off the pace but a wins a win.

Hammond was pants.

Sideways or backwards 90% of the time. When he did pass forward he gave it away every time.

He's good at breaking up play, but you need to offer so much more than that at our level.

Hammond was pants.

Sideways or backwards 90% of the time. When he did pass forward he gave it away every time.

He's good at breaking up play, but you need to offer so much more than that at our level.

thought hammond made some crucial challenges defending but yes going forward hes not there,

Thought Vardy looked very good second half, gave them a torrid time. Didn't really get into it first half. Kramaric class on the ball as always, hit the bar, good one touch play and link play and set up a good chance for Okazaki. Albrighton was pleasing. Think Chilwell looks great, very comfortable on the ball even slightly out of position - naturally talented.

Okazaki made the right runs and often didn't get the ball. When he did though his first touch normally let him down or made the wrong decision. However, on another day he could have easily had 2 or 3 goals if 'luck' had gone his way. I like Hammond and think he's a good squad player and useful in certain games - but there is no way we should be starting against Sunderland with him and Kingy as the centre-midfield.

I don't often differ this much from everyone else's opinions but Albrighton and Chilwell as I said earlier didn't impress at all for the first time.

I don't know if perhaps I had a different view as I was in the Burton terrace on the side. Just thought for the first time this pre season they were sloppy.

There's no doubting Chilwell has great control and a great tackle, just doesn't quite seem to have his passing game yet.

And I though Mark was run ragged by their left winger Zeli, when he got on the ball though he was as comfortable as ever.

Just got back from the game so here are my thoughts.

First half was very slow and uninspiring. We were comfortable on the ball, but there was no creativity in the middle of the park. So when the ball moved from the back 3 to King and Hammond, it came straight back to them. Hopefully a new signing will be able to get his head up and start an attack a little quicker. Ranieri was visibly unhappy as this was happening, I saw him turn away waving his hands around at one stage.

Second half was better. Higher intensity, and a bit more purpose to the passing. Vardy looked like he's carrying on where he left off last season, 2 very good finishes. Okazaki struggled slightly, his lack of strength proving an issue. But this is something he will improve, there are signs of quality there but he just needs a little time, in the same way that Kramaric did. As for Kramaric, I was very impressed with him. One of the stand out performers for me tonight, thought he looked very purposeful and skilful on the ball.

So overall, a reasonably satisfying performance. No injuries the main positive, and they all looked pretty fit. But as we all know, central midfield desperately needs strengthening. For me, King can compete at this level, and Drinkwater has potential, but Hammond isn't quite good enough.

Hope to see a new centre mid before the Birmingham game.

Kramaric will be a big player this season. Maybe a year too early for Chilwell, a bit nervous and dodgy on the ball and Akins have him a torrid time in the 2nd half, a loan to L1 til January then we'll reevaluate.

Hammond is good enough for a midfield 3, winning the ball back and giving it to someone more creative a la Drinkwater or Mahrez.

Okazaki shouldn't be starting Sunderland, him and Kramaric were making very similar runs and shouldn't play together, both coming deep for the same ball and easy to defend against though Kramaric has the skill to make something happen.

Albrighton have them the run around but struggled defensively, worked hard though.

Haven't seen Schmeichel's shot mentioned? Nearly made Lyness look very silly

Tonight further demonstrated our need for some quality in the middle of the park.

Okazaki will get there but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him a while to score for us, before going on some goalscoring run. There's a hint of Vardy in him.

Fuchs is really weird. Seems hit and miss in so much of what he does. Does a lot of things very well and a lot very badly.

Chilwell's looking very steady, and probably the best prospect we've had in a long time. Early days yet but he doesn't look one bit out of place even out of position.

Vardy & Albrighton sharp as you would expect.

Kramaric is very skilful but sometimes shoots when there are better options. I generally won't criticise a forward for shooting as it is his role but there are times when he could be less greedy.

Huth seemed a bit off to me. Don't know if it was just me.

Okazakis family are coming over from Japan next week including his two children so that should help him settle, although they are undecided on whether the family will move to the UK because of the children's schooling

I hear Leicester Grammar is very popular with the players.  :D

Have people actually been shouting "dog eater" and "chink" at Okazaki? I look forward to them having their season tickets torn up come the start of the season

Anyone who thinks this is still acceptable... Jesus. Better get down the train station quick, there's a black man trying to board but you might be able to prevent him

This 100%

It's 2015...

For anyone shouting we should have thrashed Burton..no we shouldn't.

It's a pre season friendly. Players are regaining fitness and sharpness and Burton are a decent side anyway.

Last night could have been a little banana skin. And it wasn't.

Good run out for the boys.

For anyone shouting we should have thrashed Burton..no we shouldn't.

It's a pre season friendly. Players are regaining fitness and sharpness and Burton are a decent side anyway.

Last night could have been a little banana skin. And it wasn't.

Good run out for the boys.

Exactly, they are a league one side, people are going on like they aren't a professional outfit... they are and were up for the game. This is what the players need teams that are competitive...

Friendlies are always unpredictable anyway, as many different tactics are tried and players are just finding their feet and fitness after being on holiday...

thought hammond made some crucial challenges defending but yes going forward hes not there,

Hammond doesn't play to go forward though.

He's an out and out DM type player.

Gets his foot in, positions himself to break up opposition play and simply wins it and gives it.

He's no Cambiasso. You won't see Hammond dictating play but that's not his role or function.

To play Hammond in a 2 man midfield will be an error in the Prem. The onus would be too great on his partner to do the play making.

Hammond is best in a 3 man central midfield with two blokes in front of him.

Leaving him simply to defend.

It is strange isn't it that so many people can go to a game and yet have such varied views. The beauty of football, it's a mass of opinions.

In my opinion:

Vardy looked his usual sharp self.

Huth was commanding.

Wasleski was solid (but always a step away from killing someone).

Allbrighton poor 1st half (often giving the ball away), excellent 2nd half.

Kramaric ? I know he divides opinion but I thought he looks to have bags of skill. Liked him best when he dropped off a bit and played in the hole (2nd part of 2nd half).

Chilwell, real potential there, give him chances maybe in early rounds of the cup and see how he does.

The others? Looked like they still need a few more games to get match ready.

Good turn out by City fans, I thought Ranieri reacted with humour once he acknowledged the "Ranieri give us a wave chant"

Could the idiots referring to Japanese people as dog eaters PLEASE save your opinions for your EDL marches, and no it isn't just a bit of 'banter'.

I did hear the eat your dog chant. It came from a very small number, not excusing it in any shape or form just want people to know it only came from 1 or two wastes of oxygens. What world do these people live in where they think this is acceptable?

I did hear the eat your dog chant. It came from a very small number, not excusing it in any shape or form just want people to know it only came from 1 or two wastes of oxygens. What world do these people live in where they think this is acceptable?

I was in the "family end" but heard one or two mutters toward Okazaki, not the best example for the kids.

It is strange isn't it that so many people can go to a game and yet have such varied views. The beauty of football, it's a mass of opinions.

In my opinion:

Vardy looked his usual sharp self.

Huth was commanding.

Wasleski was solid (but always a step away from killing someone).

Allbrighton poor 1st half (often giving the ball away), excellent 2nd half.

Kramaric ? I know he divides opinion but I thought he looks to have bags of skill. Liked him best when he dropped off a bit and played in the hole (2nd part of 2nd half).

Chilwell, real potential there, give him chances maybe in early rounds of the cup and see how he does.

The others? Looked like they still need a few more games to get match ready.

Good turn out by City fans, I thought Ranieri reacted with humour once he acknowledged the "Ranieri give us a wave chant"

Could the idiots referring to Japanese people as dog eaters PLEASE save your opinions for your EDL marches, and no it isn't just a bit of 'banter'.

I agree with all of this but I thought Albrighton played well. He had very little support down his side, with Wasyl, Hammond and Okazaki

Archived