Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
conLAD logan

UFC

Guest BlueBrett

McGregor looked unfit

He was puffing like Fcuk at end of first

He never was able to take those heavy punches

But he mashed Diaz face up

I'm glad McGregor lost because he was becoming a **** and I'm a paddy saying that

This will humble him and he can drop back to feather weight and dominate

His manager/trainer needs sacking or a kicking allowing him to fight at 170

Mental

The women's stuff is just all fake gold , ronda beaten by a woman who few outside UFC hard core fans knew and now holly the next big thing is beaten by a woman even her family didn't know lol

I know women on Justin park harborough who would be the pair of them at once lol

This is what stood out to me. He goes on about the intensity of his training/lifestyle but he clearly just didn't carry the extra weight well at all. You could see after barely 30 seconds of the 2nd round that he was never going to go the distance and had to land a quick knockout if he was going to win.

Raises all kinds of questions. How can someone with all the expertise and support that Mcgregor had at his disposal go into a fight like this so woefully lacking in stamina? Also, fair play to Conor for taking the fight, but you have to think his management have ****ed up massively. He was the one bringing all the hype and money so how did they allow Diaz to dictate the terms so much? They never should have agreed to 170. If Diaz couldn't make 155 (which he disputes anyway) surely some kind of medium should have been found. They really dropped Conor in it making him go up 25 pounds from his last fight which after all was only 4 months ago.

Can't believe CM tried to take him on on the floor, he was asking for trouble. He's never been hit with punches like those before and it showed, they rocked him big time.

Don't really think McGregor's lost much there though, he's gone up a weight class and gave it a decent go for a round and a half...definitely don't think that'll be the last we hear of that, I could see a rematch.

He was just exhausted, I reckon. He needed a moment to recover after that chin shot and forgot Diaz is a monster on the mat.

Diaz rocked Mcgregor and never looked back. That hurt him and he never really recovered but he shot himself right in the foot by trying to take Diaz down. He did dominate the majority of the fight.

Fair play to Diaz, he took some heavy shots from Mcgregor and was well up for the fight.

That one ounce really shook him. He's not used to being hit by someone of Diaz's size and he's even admitted it.

This is what stood out to me. He goes on about the intensity of his training/lifestyle but he clearly just didn't carry the extra weight well at all. You could see after barely 30 seconds of the 2nd round that he was never going to go the distance and had to land a quick knockout if he was going to win.

Raises all kinds of questions. How can someone with all the expertise and support that Mcgregor had at his disposal go into a fight like this so woefully lacking in stamina? Also, fair play to Conor for taking the fight, but you have to think his management have ****ed up massively. He was the one bringing all the hype and money so how did they allow Diaz to dictate the terms so much? They never should have agreed to 170. If Diaz couldn't make 155 (which he disputes anyway) surely some kind of medium should have been found. They really dropped Conor in it making him go up 25 pounds from his last fight which after all was only 4 months ago.

You can't put on 20lbs of muscle in such a short time. It's either going to contain fat or be water weight. As these guys can fluctuate their hydration levels to drop up to 25lbs of water weight in a week before a weigh in, I'm going for McGregor's weight to mainly be water. So essentially, he's a 155 fighter with a bloat on. That's too big an increase to gain in only 4 months, less if you consider he wasn't intending on fighting at 170 until Diaz agreed to fight at the heavier weight.

That's not to say that McGregor couldn't compete at that weight in the future, but he needs to be about 180/190lbs and then drop to 170 for weigh in rather than try your hardest to reach 170 from a naturally lower weight.

I'm hearing he was told not to do it !

But he insisted

Dana White also said no !

He had the puff of a 90 year old that's smoked 150 fags a day since she was 9 !

But his left is a machete , cuts clean and deep problem is it doesn't knock out the big boys

He will be humble now , he will be a very dangerous lightweight !

It's noticeable the Irish crowd has dropped significantly for this fight

McGregor made the weight then, although I bet he's not that heavy tomorrow night - he's full of water, I bet.

It'll be an interesting fight tomorrow. Nate Diaz will put up more of a challenge for McGregor, especially if he gets him on the ground.

Some other good fights on tomorrow's card too.

Good call

It's pretty hilarious for him to use the whole weight argument after talking so much shit prior to the fight. Diaz only having 11 days notice and no training camp as well lol

Diaz wasn't completely out of shape though, luckily. He had been training for a triathlon. 

The weight thing IS a big deal though. If you're a lighter fighter moving up two weight categories so quickly, you have no experience of carrying that weight into a fight. Like he said himself, he wasn't economical with his energy and didn't realise that he'd get tired quicker at the higher weight. He also said he panicked as Diaz was taking punches than normally knocked his usual opponents out cold.

Since when is McGregor economical with his energy? He just goes for KO ASAP. Whether it is or not, you can't come into the fight like he did and then play up to the honest underdog shtick afterwards, he got what he deserved. 

don't really see what you want him to say/do? obviously pre-fight he was going to talk shit and be cocky. has a fighter in any form of fighting ever gone into a fight and said "you know what fellas, he's bigger than me and i am shitting myself". you have 50/1 shots going into fights with people purely to get knocked out after 20 seconds max who still spend 3 months saying "YO DAT FOOL GON GET WHAT COMIN TO HIM IMA KILL HIM" despite never having thrown a decent punch before. 

post fight people want to know what went wrong so he's told them. he tried to batter someone who took the battering and then battered him back harder. he's not giving "excuses" just reasons why he didn't do what most people expected. legit reasons, too. they were obvious before the fight but he obviously backed himself to overcome them but as it turned out he couldn't. 

no big deal, onto the next. interesting to see where he goes from here. you'd think it'd knock him down a few pegs but i doubt it lol

don't really see what you want him to say/do? obviously pre-fight he was going to talk shit and be cocky. has a fighter in any form of fighting ever gone into a fight and said "you know what fellas, he's bigger than me and i am shitting myself". you have 50/1 shots going into fights with people purely to get knocked out after 20 seconds max who still spend 3 months saying "YO DAT FOOL GON GET WHAT COMIN TO HIM IMA KILL HIM" despite never having thrown a decent punch before. 

post fight people want to know what went wrong so he's told them. he tried to batter someone who took the battering and then battered him back harder. he's not giving "excuses" just reasons why he didn't do what most people expected. legit reasons, too. they were obvious before the fight but he obviously backed himself to overcome them but as it turned out he couldn't. 

no big deal, onto the next. interesting to see where he goes from here. you'd think it'd knock him down a few pegs but i doubt it lol

He'll be quiet for a week or two and then BOOM, back to his usual ways!

Since when is McGregor economical with his energy? He just goes for KO ASAP. Whether it is or not, you can't come into the fight like he did and then play up to the honest underdog shtick afterwards, he got what he deserved. 

That what he was saying. Going for the knockout usually works for him but on Saturday it wasn't. He said in an interview that he wasted a lot of energy on the show pony kicks but if one of them had connected, Diaz would have been done for. Turns out it just exhausted him.

• 2 weeks later...

Take's more energy if you have more weight/muscle to move and he didn't adapt. I think that's what he's getting at.

• 1 month later...

It's still a little unclear, but now it's looking like he might not have retired, he's just been pulled from the next event because he refused to leave his training camp to fulfil advertising duties. Still very strange!

My man in Dublin says its a to do with him and Diaz not being the main or Co-main event at UFC 200

White and Conor clashed on this fact and ego took over and both reacted

McGregor retires (so his contract is now void with UFC) and White drops him from UFC 200 line up

It's all about $$$$

Don't be surprised to see Diaz and McGregor at a stadium in ireland around the time of UFC 200

I can't work out why so many people like him to be honest.

He's excellent, no doubt... but he's a right bellend.

Your being conservative

He is a total fcuking gobshite of a pri(k

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

McGregor attempting to become the first ever champion to hold belts in two different weight divisions at the same time in the UFC tonight. I fancy him knocking Alvarez out in the 3rd but it's going to be a tough fight.

Great card with some excellent match ups. My favourite Yoel Romero vs Chris Wideman.

Seriously, everyone deep down loves knockout or an impressive beating but how on earth did that nurma/johnson fight get past the 1st. Let alone make the 3rd, i am all for letting them fight but that was only going one way and was a little stupid!

Archived