Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes Pride LGBT Fan Group

Foxes Pride - LGBT Supporters Group

Hi everyone !

We've started a new supporters group called Foxes Pride which is aimed at helping LGBT fans support LCFC and vice-versa, as well as helping to break down the barriers in our beloved game. The group is open to anyone to join and combines supporting LCFC whilst promoting a safe environment for those in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community to enjoy football.

We have a twitter account and Facebook page (see my profile) and are setting up a web page. We'll be marching at Leicester Pride this weekend, Saturday 5th September, and we will also have a stall on Victoria Park, so if you're around come say hi, you may even get a chance to have a photo with Filbert !

All the best to you guys and girls. Complete credit to you - the more of these groups around the country the better.

Union FS

• Like 1

Ok How about...

Down at Cardiff City...

Where the boys are so pretty...

I first set my eyes on sweet Scott Malone...

He can be my Wheelbarrow....

Hope his holes not to narrow....

A Leicester!!! *clap clap* A Leicester!!

:dunno:    Too much?

All of our current chants?

Of course.... its just like you know when we had those lads at the back of the Kop they came out with their own chants? you know, the Ultras? Thats all i meant!

Edited by MPH

You mean my song or the concept?

Tolerance has to work both ways, Matey. If you want to be respected for what you believe and how you want to live your ways, then you have to show the same respect...

Since you've got "tolerance" down so well, it might be time to understand "appropriateness."

Let's not hijack this thread, especially those of us who think we're particularly funny and/or have something to prove.

You mean my song or the concept?

Tolerance has to work both ways, Matey. If you want to be respected for what you believe and how you want to live your ways, then you have to show the same respect...

Yeah because that chant shows massive respect.

Well if we are going to talk about appropriateness, personally to me it's appropriate to treat everyone equally....

But one thing for sure didn't mean to hijack a thread.. Was it me wh I did that or the negative comments turning it that way?

Any way, have fun everyone thinking you are doing the right thing by wrapping someone slightly different to you in cotton wool...

Thanks for the positive comments, and for the other comments, well at least its made conversation ! No offence was taken by me personally but it does make you think doesn't it ?

In an ideal world there would be no need for an LGBT Supporters Group, or Kick Racism Out Of Football or an anti-sexism campaign, or an.... you catch my drift ? A growing percentage of people these days are decent folk who have no issues or hang-ups regarding anyone 'different' to them but the reality is also that there is still an issue, albeit a (hopefully) slowly diminishing one. At the end of the day all we want to do is help people support our mutual true love, Leicester City and football, so by making this group I hope we can do that, if we help just one LGBT person feel more comfortable/confident in supporting LCFC then I'll be happy ! Hopefully we can do more of course !

The group is certainly not exclusive, we already have LGBT and straight members (my family for a start, both my dad are brother are long-time season ticket holders) and the club themselves are being very supportive, for which we are extremely grateful.

So lets keep it positive ! Thanks all :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the positive comments, and for the other comments, well at least its made conversation ! No offence was taken by me personally but it does make you think doesn't it ?

In an ideal world there would be no need for an LGBT Supporters Group, or Kick Racism Out Of Football or an anti-sexism campaign, or an.... you catch my drift ? A growing percentage of people these days are decent folk who have no issues or hang-ups regarding anyone 'different' to them but the reality is also that there is still an issue, albeit a (hopefully) slowly diminishing one. At the end of the day all we want to do is help people support our mutual true love, Leicester City and football, so by making this group I hope we can do that, if we help just one LGBT person feel more comfortable/confident in supporting LCFC then I'll be happy ! Hopefully we can do more of course !

The group is certainly not exclusive, we already have LGBT and straight members (my family for a start, both my dad are brother are long-time season ticket holders) and the club themselves are being very supportive, for which we are extremely grateful.

So lets keep it positive ! Thanks all :)

Closet cases lol

Good idea creating the group and good luck to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Foxes Pride will be joining with other LGBT groups across Leicester and Leicestershire at this year's Leicester Pride festival.

Leicester Pride takes place on Victoria Park, and is preceded by a parade, starting at Curve Theatre and ending at Victoria Park.

We would like to invite any Foxes Pride members, friends and supporters of LCFC who support our aims to join us and, as ever, Filbert Fox on the parade.  We will be wearing Leicester City shirts and will be congregating outside Curve at about 11.30am on Saturday 2nd September.

The parade is always a lot of fun, and we will then be on Victoria Park for the afternoon with our stall.  Leicester City will also be there with their community team.

We'd love to see you there.

for more, click here: https://www.facebook.com/FoxesPride/posts/1610393148991052

• Like 4

• 4 years later...

Hi folks,

My mates on the committee of Foxes Pride have asked me to share that they have a quiz evening on Friday Night which is hosted by Matt Elliott and Steve Walsh. They have loads of prizes to auction/raffle off including pairs of Football Boots worn by players.

If you fancy coming and can’t get a team together feel free to join mine (unless you are thick then forgot it lol). Link for tickets below.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/foxes-pride-5th-6th-birthday-quiz-night-tickets-181660299847

• Like 1