Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton (A)

Not been but heard good things about McCooleys.

The Flute is always good for football/cheap beer and there's usually a decent atmosphere in there.

On the above map thats where it says A5039 if you continue along the main road (beyond where the directions take a right) and then swing a left up the hill at the main junction.

But yeah, I've got a ticket on my ones so wouldn't mind a couple bevvies with some fellow city fans first.

yeah used to be where most nights started when we were in sixth form. 3 jagerbombs for a fiver, 3 bottles of beer for a fiver pretty sure. think they sack off deals on a saturday though but still be cheap as chips. 

So the club has sent me two tickets instead of one both with different seat numbers and not charged me for it. 

Guessing this is a feck up by them.

Shall i email them asking whats going on or keep it and sell it to a mate hoping no one else is in the seat? One has restricted view written on it one doesnt - does that mean theyve sent me the spare ticket because of the restricted view? 

What time you recon is the latest I can leave Loughborough area and get to the match?

12 at the latest i'd say. it's a flat two hour drive in minimal traffic, factor in united being at home and stoke being at home (to spurs) both on the way as well as almost definitely some stupid roadworks or average speed checks, and there'll be a lot of traffic. then obviously that two hours doesn't factor in getting very close to goodison but not being able to park, having to find a space then walk for 15 mins or whatever. 12 would be pushing it quite a bit. 

12 at the latest i'd say. it's a flat two hour drive in minimal traffic, factor in united being at home and stoke being at home (to spurs) both on the way as well as almost definitely some stupid roadworks or average speed checks, and there'll be a lot of traffic. then obviously that two hours doesn't factor in getting very close to goodison but not being able to park, having to find a space then walk for 15 mins or whatever. 12 would be pushing it quite a bit.

Hmmm might just about be able to leave at 12, what a ball ache!

So the club has sent me two tickets instead of one both with different seat numbers and not charged me for it. 

Guessing this is a feck up by them.

Shall i email them asking whats going on or keep it and sell it to a mate hoping no one else is in the seat? One has restricted view written on it one doesnt - does that mean theyve sent me the spare ticket because of the restricted view? 

If they figure out they've ****ed up they will cancel the extra ticket so it won't work on the turnsyle 

Happened to a mate of mine at United away last season

What do you rekon about train @@ScouseFox ? I'm going out tomorrow at my mates (he lives in Hull) was just going to get a train across to Lime Street (takes about 2 and a half hours according to internet). Was going to try to get the train at around 8am, scheduled to arrive at 11.30am. Wanted to leave time for potential delays, I gotta get through both Leeds (I know you live there atm and it's usually so busy) and Manchester Picc, dunno how it'll be on a Sat.

Can easily have a look around the City and get the bus up to Goodison as soon as I arrive tbf.

yeah it should run quite smoothly on a train. assuming its hull-leeds then change to get the leeds-lime street, the second train is usually easy enough although again you'll be caught up in old trafford "traffic" so id expect it'll be quite a busy train. Leeds station is massive yeah and usually the Liverpool train is at like platform 16 or something miles away from everywhere else lol so give yourself a few minutes to get the connection. train would be quicker than driving is guess. hopefully the weather isn't too bad if you're planning on a stroll round the city pre game :).

@@ScouseFox whats the best way of getting from lime street to the ground? how late can i leave it?

deffo a taxi, especially if you're in a group. there's buses from queens square which is about 30 seconds from lime street (head out the station on the left, down the big set of steps opposite st georges hall and cross the road), but they'll cost you like 2.50 for a single i think and a cab shouldn't be more than 6 or 7 quid. 

takes 15 mins probably. 

deffo a taxi, especially if you're in a group. there's buses from queens square which is about 30 seconds from lime street (head out the station on the left, down the big set of steps opposite st georges hall and cross the road), but they'll cost you like 2.50 for a single i think and a cab shouldn't be more than 6 or 7 quid. 

takes 15 mins probably. 

sweet - thanks man 

takes 15 mins probably. 

sweet - thanks man 

Uber is in Liverpool now also & I got a quote from the hotel i'm staying in to the ground and it was about £5 so think i'm going to do that. 

Hotel at the Docks so a little further along which may make it cheaper as it's sort of a straight line up to goodison from there, not sure if city centre will differ.

yeah there's uber but they're very limited so watch out, cos there's basically none on the street they can do those "price surges" due to "demand", even when there's no real demand just because there's hardly any cabs.

yeah there's uber but they're very limited so watch out, cos there's basically none on the street they can do those "price surges" due to "demand", even when there's no real demand just because there's hardly any cabs.

Ahh okay fair enough, cheers for the heads up, might just get the hotel to get one!

Ahh okay fair enough, cheers for the heads up, might just get the hotel to get one!

you'll probably be ok and über tell you before you book if they're gonna randomly triple the fare, just thought I'd let you know not to necessarily rely on them cos there aren't many lol.

you'll probably be ok and über tell you before you book if they're gonna randomly triple the fare, just thought I'd let you know not to necessarily rely on them cos there aren't many lol.

Yeh I imagine it's the same as in Nottingham where I am.. it's launched but there's like 5 drivers and they're all city centre lol

Going to walk back but won't have any time to spare on the way there so definitely going to have to be a taxi!

Archived