Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton (A)

Parked at Walton soccer centre for a fiver and on Stanley park avenue south at the moment. Looking for a boozer

Been told to avoid the brick. And royal oak.

Winslow seems to be popular. But went there last year and they play Everton music and videos on loop.

deffo a taxi, especially if you're in a group. there's buses from queens square which is about 30 seconds from lime street (head out the station on the left, down the big set of steps opposite st georges hall and cross the road), but they'll cost you like 2.50 for a single i think and a cab shouldn't be more than 6 or 7 quid.

takes 15 mins probably.

Taxi was 6.50 but waited 35 mins for a taxi! Good advice Scouse - managed to take an hour to walk back to station though in pouring rain ?! How else do you get back there quickly ?

Taxi was 6.50 but waited 35 mins for a taxi! Good advice Scouse - managed to take an hour to walk back to station though in pouring rain ?! How else do you get back there quickly ?

We crossed Stanley Park. Got a beer in the arkle outside anfield. Bus every 20 mins back to city centre.

Or wait for traffic to die down and grabbed a taxi. Got back to station about 6.20

I was told to get the bus back from ground as it goes straight to lime street. By the time I got to the bus there was a queue of about 16,000 Everton fans who left early.

Walked the 15 miles back in biblical weather alongside a busy dual carriageway. Just made the train on time, cold and wet.

Good job we won 3-2!

Can't believe the cheek of the club to sell tickets in that stand for £35 when you can only see 1/3 of the pitch.

lol, you can't really. i get the bus in the other direction from queens drive (about a 10 minute walk from anfield/goodison). they've never really thought about coping with the demand for home fans to get back to town on buses or trains, let alone aways. they have a "soccerbus" but it's basically just a normal bus that doesn't stop anywhere on the route into town. but it's always full anyway. 

like i said to fox92 earlier in the thread, if the weather is bad you're getting wet because you either walk a long way back or you wait a long time for a bus. at least we won! 

I was told to get the bus back from ground as it goes straight to lime street. By the time I got to the bus there was a queue of about 16,000 Everton fans who left early.

Walked the 15 miles back in biblical weather alongside a busy dual carriageway. Just made the train on time, cold and wet.

Good job we won 3-2!

Can't believe the cheek of the club to sell tickets in that stand for £35 when you can only see 1/3 of the pitch.

This!! Mine was £39 I think, about 4 rows from the back and 5 in from the corner. 

I had a steel column covering half the goal and could only just a bit of the near touchline a little bit past the half way line.

Also braved the walk to the station. Took 45 mins and got a right soaking leading to a slightly uncomfortable train journey home sat in a drenched jumper and feeling like a diurnal enuresis but a fantastic day out, a quality away end and 3 points.

On the plus side the advice of the taxis from the station was a good shout and doubled up with other City fans so got there inside 10mins for £1.50 - happy days. Would recommend for anyone doing this fixture again soon.

Good job we won 3-2!

This!! Mine was £39 I think, about 4 rows from the back and 5 in from the corner.

I had a steel column covering half the goal and could only just a bit of the near touchline a little bit past the half way line.

Worse than Stamford Bridge!!

This was my view:

EI2VUrp.jpg

Never been so soaked.... or indeed walked across Dual Carriage ways before... but it was worth it! Walked back from the ground to the hotel. Amazing weekend, amazing game. 

yeah we were asking to be run over considering the dark clothing and cars at speed lol. dread to think what the journey would have been like had we lost!

Archived