Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Arsenal (A) Changed to 14.02.16 - 12 noon KO

people on leicesters facebook and twitter are moaning. i really cannot see the problem here. they were dirt cheap and the people who have previous of going the games have got them. how is it "unfair?!" and "a joke?!" 

i would have loved to go this. being only a member i knew there was no chance! i take this on the chin and go again. sometimes our fairweather fans piss me off. 

Must be a hell of a lot priority one all of a sudden? I knew demand for this game would be high but am suprised this has sold out?

Am after one ticket for this if anyone has a spare or purchased but now can't go pm me if anyone can oblige?

It didn't sell out on priority 1 it sold out on P3 which it should really considering you'd only need to have been to 8 games minimum to get that priority.

people on leicesters facebook and twitter are moaning. i really cannot see the problem here. they were dirt cheap and the people who have previous of going the games have got them. how is it "unfair?!" and "a joke?!" 

i would have loved to go this. being only a member i knew there was no chance! i take this on the chin and go again. sometimes our fairweather fans piss me off. 

Erm...I didn't. I was 1 point off the previous selling point (Priority 2), yet people who I know who are Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal (!) fans (Whom all have suddenly found a liking for Leicester) and 1 person who was not even into football before Leicester have come good have all got tickets via borrowing priorities.

I guess it comes with the territory of become good all of a sudden but when i've been a fan, who's gone for years and years, thick and thin, always had Priority 2/perhaps the odd seasons dropped down to Priority 3 (I'm only P3 this season because I went away for family reasons last year and missed 2 or 3 games I would have gone to, which would have put me on P2) to lose out to a fecking Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal (!) fans and someone who wasn't really into football does hit abit of a nerve, if I lost out to genuine fans (Who the majority are) then fair enough but I hazard a guess there are the fair share of dare I say it plastics, I know atleast 4 myself as I have described.

Perhaps something can be said for being shit and/or overpriced ticket prices ah?!

(The being shit comment was tongue in cheek - of course I want us to be doing well, but I'm serious about overpriced tickets, I can afford them, **** the rest if it keeps them away, selfish but **** em'. Yes. I'm still fuming.)

The irony in your post is in the last sentence, where fairweather fans have got tickets and genuine big fans like myself have missed out, that is what is unfair and a joke. A minority don't get me wrong, but that minority has ****ed a few hundred i'd imagine.

It didn't sell out on priority 1 it sold out on P3 which it should really considering you'd only need to have been to 8 games minimum to get that priority.

You see i know this is bollox cos I am priority two.

I managed to get one for myself but I was waiting for priority three to come on sale in order my son could get a ticket and they sold out.

I really don't understand why passing references on in this forum isnt met with the same animosity as people who sell their tickets at more than face value. Seems very unfair to me. Fair play if you want to help a mate out now and again but advertising on a forum that you have spare references which will help you raise your priority doesn't sit right with me.

I really don't understand why passing references on in this forum isnt met with the same animosity as people who sell their tickets at more than face value. Seems very unfair to me. Fair play if you want to help a mate out now and again but advertising on a forum that you have spare references which will help you raise your priority doesn't sit right with me.

I had this argument today with someone who does it (It was with the person who borrows the priority) his argument was 'Well I can't get a season ticket, they've sold out and I have no chance of getting in'...That's fair enough, but where were you when we were in League One or the Championship? They never even went to a game and never even spoke about Leicester back in those days, as soon as we're back in the Premiership it's 'Ohh can I borrow your priority to the away games you don't want to go?'.

This, totally agree really. Absolute no doubt that people have profited by giving references out for certain games they can't attend (i don't mean the odd game either)

means people have effectively gained pri one undeservedly and they get tickets easily when it matters.

Dont know why this hasn't been really criticised in the past

Matt raises valid points in his post. A lot of sudden mates of Leicester suddenly going to selected away games cos of borrowing priority references. Haven't followed us in years never really supported us but are now depriving genuine fans of being unable to obtain tickets because of irresponsible behaviour of certain fans/supporters in giving out their references.

I have even heard of examples whereby previously obtained references have been used by persons to obtain tickets without the owners of those references given their consent? This is fraud.

This, being the reason I don't give out my reference.

Like, most things a few spoil it for genuine fans.

This notion of following the City away for years you'll get your priority is bollox.

I had this argument today with someone who does it (It was with the person who borrows the priority) his argument was 'Well I can't get a season ticket, they've sold out and I have no chance of getting in'...That's fair enough, but where were you when we were in League One or the Championship? They never even went to a game and never even spoke about Leicester back in those days, as soon as we're back in the Premiership it's 'Ohh can I borrow your priority to the away games you don't want to go?'.

This.

Not really the concern of people who have had St's for years that someone in the Premier league current season that they can't get a ticket to a big game.

If they got a ticket for the season in championship winning year which was easy then they wouldn't have that problem. Maybe they weren't in the area back then or whatever and in some cases i sympathise but doesn't make it our concern. Too many people suffer from that on here meaning people borderline priority 2 or whatever ultimately miss out.

There has to be some serious backhanders going on... 

I bought mine 9:15 the first day they came on sale and literally 2 blocks had nearly gone. which i have never seen since i started booking online 3 years ago.

Same. Well, I got mine at about 10. Even then the block where I am was mostly gone.

Same. Well, I got mine at about 10. Even then the block where I am was mostly gone.

It happens, it shouldnt but it does. joke really. 

The amount of "suspected" corruption with some of the ticket office is appalling. It isnt just our club though, i know from an old mate that a steward for his team used to let them in without tickets, they would just slip him £100 or something for 10+ people.

I hope it isnt true with the backhanders but no way we shifted that many tickets in the space of an hour, even with the ticket scheme. 

There has to be some serious backhanders going on...

I bought mine 9:15 the first day they came on sale and literally 2 blocks had nearly gone. which i have never seen since i started booking online 3 years ago.

90% of box holders took up their option of getting tickets. It's very rare that normally happens.

In regards to purchasing tickets online, For a club with such high expectations for the next few years, you really would of though they would sort the website out. Its abysmal. 

Tbh I think it's just a contract. We don't have a unique website - visit any other club in the football league and they are similar - I imagine whichever company developed it is maintaining nearly ever club's site.

I agree it's abysmal but I'd be very surprised if a person is sat just maintaining our site.

90% of box holders took up their option of getting tickets. It's very rare that normally happens.

How many people does that equate to?

But yeah, as much as there are those of us who will be going at it for the full 90 our end is going to be toss.

Archived