Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Arsenal (A) Changed to 14.02.16 - 12 noon KO

Perhaps something can be said for being shit and/or overpriced ticket prices ah?!

(The being shit comment was tongue in cheek - of course I want us to be doing well, but I'm serious about overpriced tickets, I can afford them, **** the rest if it keeps them away, selfish but **** em'. Yes. I'm still fuming.)

Not sure if you're being serious here so I'm going to ask. You'd seriously prefer expensive tickets which price some people out just so you can get tickets becasue you're in a fortunate position where you can pay more than others?

Agree with the above.

No way could two blocks about 1600 tickets worth should be sold out on first day.

A lot of unfairness somewhere

There was believed to be nearly 1300 on the away scheme last year. This season it is believed to be only 500. However all those who chose not to renew the scheme are still p1 at 125.

And imagine how many were on 124 at the start of the season attend 1 game and you are now p1 so anyone with 118 at the start of season can now be p1.

25 aways over 3 seasons really is not that hard to have done. 9 a season. The problem is that they haven't upped the brackets yet. Hence the site crashing. But it wouldn't alter the fact they would sell 3k easy for a game like this. 2k plus must have 125 now easily.

I have mates on 155 and that's still less than 20 aways a season on average.

If you have done all aways in the last 3 seasons you could be at around 165.

I will add. I don't like the thought of people handing out refs to fans of other clubs.

I would never consider helping out someone who supports a rival club. They can piss off.

I have been travelling away as a regular since I was about 14 but never managed more than 7 or 8 games a season until we hit the big time under o'neill. And had p1 for a long time. Then lost it for a few seasons. I broke my balls to get to nearly all l1 aways and haven't stopped since.

I've been to 84 grounds in England and all to watch Leicester. I grafted for my p1 and missed out on getting tickets for my kids last night as they are only 108 points. Can't do anything about it. Shit happens. I will just have to take them to other games and hope they make it to arsenal next year. But at twice the price no doubt.

How many people does that equate to?

But yeah, as much as there are those of us who will be going at it for the full 90 our end is going to be toss.

Depends how many they request, it's normally only 2 per box but you can ask for a couple. You don't always get them though.

We've got about 50 executive boxes.

Not sure if you're being serious here so I'm going to ask. You'd seriously prefer expensive tickets which price some people out just so you can get tickets becasue you're in a fortunate position where you can pay more than others?

Perhaps I got caught up in the argument, in reality no, but the situation is would it put people off? Yes. Would it put the plastics off? Yes (Now that is the key point). Can I afford it? Yes. Will it still sell out? More than likely. Ultimately, if it priced the 'wrong' people out (The plastics) yes.

Selfish I know, but I really am 'foaming at the mouth' how this has all panned out, like I say because I know 4 people's situation's first hand (God knows in reality how many similar situations there are if I know 4 myself) who simply shouldn't be going really has hit a nerve, that's what really hurts and yes i've made my feelings known.

While Matt makes some good points, he once again puts his reactionary and unhinged rage through his point with the overpriced tickets. A staggering example of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude of fans in this country. 'I can afford the tickets therefore bugger you all.' I still think the full £64 price (which you may very well get our wish for next season) wouldn't have made that much difference, considering the kick off, the day and the position of both clubs at time of purchase.

Whether Matt wanted tickets to scream bizarre rage at Arsenal and Wenger to continue his seeming lifelong vendetta against them is still to be known.

The problem is that there are no backstops in place for ticket sales and use of other people's references and in reality what are the ways of policing it? Even if you ordered everyone into the shop to buy tickets in person (ridiculous notion) people will still sell them on or give them to friends, mates. Unless we're going to radically change the way we sell away tickets in the near future I'm not sure what they can do to stop "bandwagoners" and ""plastics""

Perhaps I got caught up in the argument in reality no, but the situation is would it put people off? Yes. Would it put the plastics off? Yes (Now that is the key point). Can I afford it? Yes. Will it still sell out? More than likely. Ultimately, if it priced the 'wrong' people out (The plastics) yes.

Selfish I know, but I really am 'foaming at the mouth' how this has all panned out, like I say because I know 4 people's situation's first hand (God knows in reality how many similar situations there are if I know 4 myself) who simply shouldn't be going really has hit a nerve, that's what really hurts and yes i've made my feelings known.

I don't think higher prices put the 'plastics' off and favour the real fans, in fact I'd argue it's the other way around.

Nothing wrong with making your feeling known mate. 

I really don't understand why passing references on in this forum isnt met with the same animosity as people who sell their tickets at more than face value. Seems very unfair to me. Fair play if you want to help a mate out now and again but advertising on a forum that you have spare references which will help you raise your priority doesn't sit right with me.

I've not noticed for a few games but you used to get the same regular posters putting up they had two refs or had tickets ready.

Yes one or two games but consistently?

Last season I missed 3 aways for whatever reason, at the time of getting the tickets I could go but 3 weeks laters things had changed, this season so far I've made them all but you can see a pattern with some posters in the top category.

You could argue, they've got up there by attending lots of away games and want to keep their status, others would say that's wrong.

You'll never please everyone but it's getting the balance right and I think now the points levels should go up by 5 or 10 as it seems we have a big cluster in the same categories.

I don't think higher prices put the 'plastics' off and favour the real fans, in fact I'd argue it's the other way around.

True, like I said in reality no I wouldn't like higher prices and I got caught up in my own argument, and in reality at £60 it probably would put me off having second thoughts, but like I said it really has hit deep knowing what I know.

Erm...I didn't. I was 1 point off the previous selling point (Priority 2), yet people who I know who are Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal (!) fans (Whom all have suddenly found a liking for Leicester) and 1 person who was not even into football before Leicester have come good have all got tickets via borrowing priorities.

I guess it comes with the territory of become good all of a sudden but when i've been a fan, who's gone for years and years, thick and thin, always had Priority 2/perhaps the odd seasons dropped down to Priority 3 (I'm only P3 this season because I went away for family reasons last year and missed 2 or 3 games I would have gone to, which would have put me on P2) to lose out to a fecking Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal (!) fans and someone who wasn't really into football does hit abit of a nerve, if I lost out to genuine fans (Who the majority are) then fair enough but I hazard a guess there are the fair share of dare I say it plastics, I know atleast 4 myself as I have described.

Perhaps something can be said for being shit and/or overpriced ticket prices ah?!

(The being shit comment was tongue in cheek - of course I want us to be doing well, but I'm serious about overpriced tickets, I can afford them, **** the rest if it keeps them away, selfish but **** em'. Yes. I'm still fuming.)

The irony in your post is in the last sentence, where fairweather fans have got tickets and genuine big fans like myself have missed out, that is what is unfair and a joke. A minority don't get me wrong, but that minority has ****ed a few hundred i'd imagine.

That honestly is outrageous.

I think it's just going to take a few years for people who go purely for the "novelty" of big grounds (i.e. more arsed who we're playing rather than who they're there to support) to stop being interested. Same with any club who haven't been in the top flight for a while/had unprecedented success like we have this season, we're not alone in having these types among our support.

We've got about 50 executive boxes.

50. As many as that? I'm surprised, I'll count them up at the replay Wednesday night as I though it was more high 20's, you used to be able to read all the names above them until they replaced the boards with the KP font, Harry's team always made me smile as no way is that a business name, sounds like a group of lads out on the lash.

Very much agree with this.

I saw people begging and saying they were willing to pay whatever for our game at Old Trafford last season. They weren't people who normally go to our games just people that wanted to go because it was Manchester United.

Me personally with the exception of a couple of away games haven't really found premier league away games all that good.

50. As many as that? I'm surprised, I'll count them up at the replay Wednesday night as I though it was more high 20's, you used to be able to read all the names above them until they replaced the boards with the KP font, Harry's team always made me smile as no way is that a business name, sounds like a group of lads out on the lash.

Just had a look and it says we've got 44 executive boxes.

https://www.chooseyourvenue.com/venues/leicester-city-football-club

Thinking of ways around stopping people borrowing priorities, it's a shame there can't be a way of developing a countrywide card scanning system (Most grounds have card scanning system nowadays) at every ground and when you buy tickets to an away game it simply get's credited to your Season Ticket card, that you simply scan at the away turnstyle as you would a home game, then if it made members/general sale you simply get a normal ticket (Although members have cards aswell so it could be credited onto that).

It'd be confusing, open to malfunction I agree (Get a paper receipt to prove purchase should it **** up), it'd take some working but it's an idea, one that could develop imo.

Also it wouldn't put a total stop to people lending their season ticket's out to mates but I wouldn't be keen on lending mine I know, and it'd stop people offering their ST references out to up their priorities.

Just had a look and it says we've got 44 executive boxes.https://www.chooseyourvenue.com/venues/leicester-city-football-club

Well you learn something every day then, very surprised by that, it also means when my big euro win comes in I should be able to bag one. Wouldn't use it personally but invite schools, soccer clubs etc for a day out. Atmosphere up there must be dire.

Well you learn something every day then, very surprised by that, it also means when my big euro win comes in I should be able to bag one. Wouldn't use it personally but invite schools, soccer clubs etc for a day out. Atmosphere up there must be dire.

It's not that bad now, they even have clappers up there. My dads friends is bang on the halfway line next to the owners (they've got a double box with underfloor heating)

The prices range from £25,000 to £50,000 depending where your box is. Also the food & drink you get in your box you have to pay for.

There was believed to be nearly 1300 on the away scheme last year. This season it is believed to be only 500. However all those who chose not to renew the scheme are still p1 at 125.

And imagine how many were on 124 at the start of the season attend 1 game and you are now p1 so anyone with 118 at the start of season can now be p1.

25 aways over 3 seasons really is not that hard to have done. 9 a season. The problem is that they haven't upped the brackets yet. Hence the site crashing. But it wouldn't alter the fact they would sell 3k easy for a game like this. 2k plus must have 125 now easily.

I will add. I don't like the thought of people handing out refs to fans of other clubs.

I would never consider helping out someone who supports a rival club. They can piss off.

I have been travelling away as a regular since I was about 14 but never managed more than 7 or 8 games a season until we hit the big time under o'neill. And had p1 for a long time. Then lost it for a few seasons. I broke my balls to get to nearly all l1 aways and haven't stopped since.

I've been to 84 grounds in England and all to watch Leicester. I grafted for my p1 and missed out on getting tickets for my kids last night as they are only 108 points. Can't do anything about it. Shit happens. I will just have to take them to other games and hope they make it to arsenal next year. But at twice the price no doubt.

Totally agree with this.

We are a family of 4 STH and range from 139 - 167 points, my teens are lucky to have been to lots of away games from L1 season onwards and now benefit from being P1, we chose not to join away scheme.

15 year old has been fortunate enough to have already visited 60+ grounds!

If we can't make an away game we don't lend our refs out but will give ST to friends and family for home games.

The begging for references weeks before ticket details are released seems to be increasing

even with a great 2 cup runs you are looking around 23 aways all season. 

even with a great 2 cup runs you are looking around 23 aways all season.

Yes but it's a 3 season rolling total for aways so 23 league in championship plus a few cup ties. 19 last season. 10 aways or so this season. I am on 150 and I didn't do many 1st half of last season so I would guess 158 is bare minimum for some.

Archived