Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

The "I couldn't get a ticket" thread

We have 1440 Priority One Members of which 500 are registered on the Club’s Away Ticketing Scheme.

Is this a correct, current figure? or is this from the start of the season?

I only ask, as if that's what we started at, then there's potential for people to have gained another 10 points since the start, that could be another 1000 or so that have moved up one bracket to over 125 since the season started. with most allocations allowing for 2-3k then anywhere between 500-1500 could have got tickets for most games.

Time the brackets increased.

Based just on league aways for the last 2 years attending every game would see people at about 152 as a current total.

appreciate the views of people who work hard for their priority but there are many myself included who can only get to a few games each season.

I've paid for my membership for home game priority but I cannot do the same for away games. I would be willing to pay the club for some form of away priority.

A season ticket holder can return their seat for some games if they can't go and they get credits to use it for tickets to other games.

Why shouldn't an away ticket priority holder be able to miss a game but get credit to buy two tickets to the next game?

Why can't I pay the club for P2 membership or similar? Why is that such a wrong thing?

appreciate the views of people who work hard for their priority but there are many myself included who can only get to a few games each season.

I've paid for my membership for home game priority but I cannot do the same for away games. I would be willing to pay the club for some form of away priority.

A season ticket holder can return their seat for some games if they can't go and they get credits to use it for tickets to other games.

Why shouldn't an away ticket priority holder be able to miss a game but get credit to buy two tickets to the next game?

Why can't I pay the club for P2 membership or similar? Why is that such a wrong thing?

Really? As in priority points?

I never knew about that?!

Not that I miss many home games, I havn't and can't see me doing this season, but last season I went away for family reasons and missed 2 home games, I would have gone to Man Utd away and Arsenal away so I missed out on 2 priority points with the away games (I didn't and couldn't go, not complaining about that, just pointing out that if I hadn't missed those i'd be on P2 this season) but didn't realise I could claim credits back for the 2 home games I missed.

Going away last year has cost me regards priority this season!

Really? As in priority points?

I never knew about that?!

Not that I miss many home games, I havn't and can't see me doing this season, but last season I went away for family reasons and missed 2 home games, I would have gone to Man Utd away and Arsenal away so I missed out on 2 priority points with the away games (I didn't and couldn't go, not complaining about that, just pointing out that if I hadn't missed those i'd be on P2 this season) but didn't realise I could claim credits back for the 2 home games I missed.

Going away last year has cost me regards priority this season!

He's wrong i'm afraid.

We used to offer a system where by if you missed a home game you could, claim a 2nd match ticket for an alternative game, but we scrapped that a few years back.

As for his point about buying points, that's even worse than the current system, would only benefit the wealthy.

Buying priority points isn't anything new though with clubs.

Man City used to put £50 on top of your season ticket price if you wanted double points per game, their system is different to ours as in each STH gets 190 a season, pay extra you get 380, away games I think we're 20 each, again if you've paid £50 you get 40 for an away.

They didn't have a rolling system either, I think it started when they moved to the etihad and is still in place so around 15000 points at the top level now, so anyone wanting to work there way up has absolutely no chance.

Our current system is probably as fair as you can get, just rewarding for the previous 2 seasons.

He's wrong i'm afraid.

We used to offer a system where by if you missed a home game you could, claim a 2nd match ticket for an alternative game, but we scrapped that a few years back.

As for his point about buying points, that's even worse than the current system, would only benefit the wealthy.

My bad - hadn't used that credit system for a season or two didn't realise it had been stopped.

As a lifelong Leicester fan living nowadays in Scotland I genuinely can't get to that many games. I would willingly pay more money to see the few fixtures that I can get to. Works this way when you see rock bands you can for example pay to get access to pre sale tickets.

I know football fans are passionate about how much they love their club but the argument that essentially only people who go to almost every game should be allowed to get away tickets is flawed.

My bad - hadn't used that credit system for a season or two didn't realise it had been stopped.

As a lifelong Leicester fan living nowadays in Scotland I genuinely can't get to that many games. I would willingly pay more money to see the few fixtures that I can get to. Works this way when you see rock bands you can for example pay to get access to pre sale tickets.

I know football fans are passionate about how much they love their club but the argument that essentially only people who go to almost every game should be allowed to get away tickets is flawed.

Not saying it's perfect but it's called a loyalty scheme for a while.

I'd be a bit pissed at someone with a few quid coming along and buying the right to get tickets at the same level or above me after 20 plus years of travelling away.

The current system is no more flawed than having someone pay for the privilege overnight.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree tho.

As I've mentioned previously in the thread, it's your choice to move to an area of the country you know you won't get to see games regularly. I had to sacrifice it when I lived away, and wouldn't dream of taking a ticket from a regular supporter purely because I could afford to pay a premium for it (not that I could mind).

That didn't work either tho.

I know own people who went into the ticket office got the whole card stamped showing they had been to 15 or 16 aways sometimes more.

Walked out handed the stubs to a mate and he walked in and did the same. Boom both p1 for the next season.

Hand the stubs round to 6 or 7 mates even more of a problem.

Oh yeh, we did that a few years ago too (when away tickets weren't in high demand before anyone starts)It was very easy to beat the system back then.

Archived