Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

The "I couldn't get a ticket" thread

Surely there were backhanders going on to get arsenal tickets and quite frankly it makes me sick. There's no way it would've sold out this quick otherwise. People jumping the que who probably ain't been for years ahead of people that deserve tickets who go to loads. It's wrong! I was fortunate enough to get tickets as I just scraped in on 115 points but I do feel for those that couldnt get tickets that deserved to. I've got a good mind to write to the club about this.

It made it to P3 for fvck sake.

That's for anyone with 108 or above points. 8 away games in 2 & half years isn't a lot there would have been bloody loads of people on that priority.

Man city has made 100 points. Where is everyone moaning about not getting tickets for that? Arsenal was always going to be one of the most sort after always of the season. We've only ever played there once before, it's one of the cheapest away games of the season, with a 3pm in London.

That's for anyone with 108 or above points. 8 away games in 2 & half years isn't a lot there would have been bloody loads of people on that priority.

Man city has made 100 points. Where is everyone moaning about not getting tickets for that? Arsenal was always going to be one of the most sort after always of the season. We've only ever played there once before, it's one of the cheapest away games of the season, with a 3pm in London.

you know why people aint moaning about man city? and it devalues everyones moaning argument? Because the arsenal tickets were at a fair price and man citys aint. everyone who didnt get them feels like they missed out on a great deal and feels cheated. I can see why the tickets went so fast. I would have loved to have gone. Did i stand any chance just being a member? did i ****! I accept it and move on. The people who got them earned them with their priority so cant be "where were you when we were shit?" cuz they were ****ing there! 

a lot of people who are moaning, not just here but on facebook too, need to grow the **** up and have a look at themselves. 

we sold out arsenal away in 3 days. thats something to be ****ing proud of! And respect to Arsenal for the decent prices too! 

Exactly... I couldn't get last season because it was midweek and this was one game I was hoping would be Saturday at 3pm. It's a relatively new ground for us all, at a great price, so it was always going to sell out fast. 

I'm on 110 ref points but couldn't get an Arsenal ticket as I just couldn't get through online or on the phone, booked my seats for the Spurs FA Cup replay and got Man City tickets though, and the magnificent Spurs game last Wednesday...

Up the City.....

It made it to p3 for about one hour before it sold out. I already know of people obtaining tickets for this who have got tickets by obtaining other supporters references what pisses me off is two out of the three mates who have tickets for this are not Leicester fans at all they support bloody Arsenal!

They can't get a season ticket cos of their waiting list and found their mate an easy route to get tickets for a match they wanted to see cos in their words, we are not shit this season but a top of the league rival.

I know there are others, i have been to loads of aways this season, I am only priority two Newcastle, West Brom, Swansea, Tottenham, Man City to name but a few. I only just managed to get my ticket for Arsenal my son who normally travels with me cannot get a ticket

For the Arsenal game he is priority two also. Website crashed on him twice after midnight on Friday morning.

As has been alluded too we had virtually the same allocation for West Brom away, yet that went to members. It is obvious that

There are suddenly a lot of fans who have obtained tickets by either using other persons references or by alternative means?

Pisses me off when certain supporters who are priority one yet have never been to an away game in their life. How have they managed that? Yes, by giving their reference away to all and sundry perhaps they should look at themselves.

It made it to p3 for about one hour before it sold out. I already know of people obtaining tickets for this who have got tickets by obtaining other supporters references what pisses me off is two out of the three mates who have tickets for this are not Leicester fans at all they support bloody Arsenal!

They can't get a season ticket cos of their waiting list and found their mate an easy route to get tickets for a match they wanted to see cos in their words, we are not shit this season but a top of the league rival.

I know there are others, i have been to loads of aways this season, I am only priority two Newcastle, West Brom, Swansea, Tottenham, Man City to name but a few. I only just managed to get my ticket for Arsenal my son who normally travels with me cannot get a ticket

For the Arsenal game he is priority two also. Website crashed on him twice after midnight on Friday morning.

As has been alluded too we had virtually the same allocation for West Brom away, yet that went to members. It is obvious that

There are suddenly a lot of fans who have obtained tickets by either using other persons references or by alternative means?

Pisses me off when certain supporters who are priority one yet have never been to an away game in their life. How have they managed that? Yes, by giving their reference away to all and sundry perhaps they should look at themselves.

You should be having a word with your "mates" then. They can't be that good a friends if they won't give your lad a ticket even though they know he's a Leicester fan that goes to a majority of the games.

If you & your son are both P2 why didn't you both get tickets together when they came out on Thursday? Why wait until it went to P3?

We might have had the same allocation for West Brom but we've played them at the Hawthorns many a times over the years. We've only played Arsenal once at the Emirates & that was a Tuesday night it was always going to be a popular fixture for people as it's virtually a brand new ground for people to go to.

I can see whilst it must be massively frustrating to have not got tickets. As I say my kids have missed out as they are only P3.

What is it people actually have a problem with. The system. Or the fact that people are using other people's references.

Would it be met with the same reaction. If all of the probably 2k now on over 125 points had all brought their tickets and planned to use them.

Or is it that people are taking offence as they are being handed out or sold on?

The outcome is still the same.

People didn't seem in such a rush to pay 35 quid for Swansea or 41 quid for villa.

Yet had they. Well they may have got a ticket for arsenal.

What is currently flawed us this low points total for p1. P1 now needs to be moved to at least 135 if not 150 that would erase the issues of a crashing website if nothing else. By creating more brackets.

Get it raised at the FCC. Surely they'd be able to say how many have 115+ points. Or ask Jim. But Im pretty sure theres many more than 3000.

One way to stop the constant giving out of ref numbers is to only get your points allocated after the match has taken place by showing your used ticket at the shop.

Rather like years ago when we had the card that was signed for each away game, I just went down towards the end of the season and got them done in one go, to go down this route the priority system would have to be last 2 seasons, but exempt the current one. (It used yo be last full season only on this method).

Ie, current season counts for next seasons priority. A bit like England caps where I believe you still have to show your travel documents to prove you actually went.

Also it would cut out giving mates your old tickets as every seat is now registered to a fan on the system so you could only use the ticket once. So if you did hand out ref numbers, unless you got that ticket back from a stranger you wouldn't get the point.

But as above I believe P1 now should be 140 points or thereabouts.

I think it's people giving away their references to keep their priority high which is what people have an issue with.

Thankfully it hasn't affected me, but it would have given people on PRI 3 more chance of getting a ticket if people hadnt been sharing their references.

As I've mentioned previously this is basically impossible to police but a suggestion would be to stop it happening on this forum and for it to be treated with the same disregard as selling tickets above face value.

I'm not sure about changing the priority values... Did the website crash before it got to midnight on priority 3 day? It seems fine if everybody on the current top two categories were able to get their tickets. There was always going to be a scramble for the remaining few after that.

As I've mentioned previously this is basically impossible to police but a suggestion would be to stop it happening on this forum and for it to be treated with the same disregard as selling tickets above face value.

I agree with this.

Though how many people complaining about others giving references away would have been happy to take up someone's offer of a P1 reference if it was offered to them to guarantee a ticket for Arsenal.

A lot of sensible comments on here and it is the issue of people giving out their references that does piss people off.

The ticket office has to take the responsibility here. They should not be allowed to sell tickets to persons who use someone elses reference or send them to another persons address who is not the season ticket or priority card holder.

Have also found out this morning that one of the Arsenal fans who obtained a ticket for the game has sold it on to a third person for profit! Am fuming about this but as in life shit happens.

It is difficult to police I admit this but it does need looking at, by someone at the club.

The club have clamped down on it to a degree though. Gone are the days I could use my mates reference for another mate and get the ticket sent out to my address

Step in the right direction I suppose.

Look through the old threads for each game in this sub-forum though, and you'll see the same names with a spare ref almost every week. These people spend enough of their time presumably going to get tickets knowing they won't go just to sell them on here.

Shall we make lock this thread and make a new one with suggestions on how to improve the system?

Step in the right direction I suppose.

Look through the old threads for each game in this sub-forum though, and you'll see the same names with a spare ref almost every week. These people spend enough of their time presumably going to get tickets knowing they won't go just to sell them on here.

Shall we make lock this thread and make a new one with suggestions on how to improve the system?

May be worth calling them out. Even as an unaffected onlooker it gets under my skin. It's so obviously unfair that fans who have built up their priority through honest dedication miss out to those who manipulate the system.

The word "reference" is the giveaway. If someone's offering a spare ticket they may have been intending to go originally. That can't have been the case when they're offering their ST out.

Archived