Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

The "I couldn't get a ticket" thread

One way to stop the constant giving out of ref numbers is to only get your points allocated after the match has taken place by showing your used ticket at the shop.

Rather like years ago when we had the card that was signed for each away game, I just went down towards the end of the season and got them done in one go, to go down this route the priority system would have to be last 2 seasons, but exempt the current one. (It used yo be last full season only on this method).

Ie, current season counts for next seasons priority. A bit like England caps where I believe you still have to show your travel documents to prove you actually went.

Also it would cut out giving mates your old tickets as every seat is now registered to a fan on the system so you could only use the ticket once. So if you did hand out ref numbers, unless you got that ticket back from a stranger you wouldn't get the point.

But as above I believe P1 now should be 140 points or thereabouts.

That didn't work either tho.

I know own people who went into the ticket office got the whole card stamped showing they had been to 15 or 16 aways sometimes more.

Walked out handed the stubs to a mate and he walked in and did the same. Boom both p1 for the next season.

Hand the stubs round to 6 or 7 mates even more of a problem.

But now they put down the seat number of each ref so you wouldn't be able to reuse a mates ticket.

More work for club staff in logistics so it would never work but it would solve the issue.

But that would mean the club staff did there job.

Which at fiver an hour as students. Do you think they give a ****. Same as a hole punch in the used ticket stubs years ago could have stopped it.

To be fair i cant see how they can stop people buying them with other peoples references. Although i disagree with it they have earnt the points. Who they let go in their place is up to them. Its wrong but thats the way it is

It made it to p3 for about one hour before it sold out. I already know of people obtaining tickets for this who have got tickets by obtaining other supporters references what pisses me off is two out of the three mates who have tickets for this are not Leicester fans at all they support bloody Arsenal!

They can't get a season ticket cos of their waiting list and found their mate an easy route to get tickets for a match they wanted to see cos in their words, we are not shit this season but a top of the league rival.

I know there are others, i have been to loads of aways this season, I am only priority two Newcastle, West Brom, Swansea, Tottenham, Man City to name but a few. I only just managed to get my ticket for Arsenal my son who normally travels with me cannot get a ticket

For the Arsenal game he is priority two also. Website crashed on him twice after midnight on Friday morning.

As has been alluded too we had virtually the same allocation for West Brom away, yet that went to members. It is obvious that

There are suddenly a lot of fans who have obtained tickets by either using other persons references or by alternative means?

Pisses me off when certain supporters who are priority one yet have never been to an away game in their life. How have they managed that? Yes, by giving their reference away to all and sundry perhaps they should look at themselves.

I know own people who went into the ticket office got the whole card stamped showing they had been to 15 or 16 aways sometimes more.

Walked out handed the stubs to a mate and he walked in and did the same. Boom both p1 for the next season.

I don't think that could happen now. Here's why..

For some reason my points weren't added on for Bournemouth (Championship game, 2 years ago) so I went into the ticket office to show my ticket stubs as proof, and they punched a hole in both so that they couldn't be used to do the same again.

Slightly off topic but do you get 50 priority points for every time you renew your season ticket? The last 2 seasons have given me 100 points and another 50 would put me well into the top priority.

I just assumed that it only went up to 100 and now the only way for me to build up my points would be through away fixtures but my brother seems to think next season I will have 150?

Not related to away tickets as such but it brings into question ground expansion again, i doubt very much whether season tickets will make general sale next year and if we do make europe in one form or another demand will be outrageous. Needs to happen.

Slightly off topic but do you get 50 priority points for every time you renew your season ticket? The last 2 seasons have given me 100 points and another 50 would put me well into the top priority.

I just assumed that it only went up to 100 and now the only way for me to build up my points would be through away fixtures but my brother seems to think next season I will have 150?

I imagine you'll have to build them up, just because if they give everyone another 50 points people who have currently got 133 points for instance will then go onto 183.

Halfway through last season the club changed the number of points for priorities but they don't seem to be doing that this year.

Can only get 2x 50 points for season tickets no matter how many consecutive years you have a season ticket.

As things stand it's a 2 year rolling total so 2 x 50 for season tickets plus the last 2 season away fixtures, plus this seasons added as you go.

Assuming they keep the same system next year 1 season ticket will get dropped of the end and the aways from the championship season will also be replaced by the 2 years in the top flight.

In the capital. On a Saturday. At 3pm. It would be the perfect away if I wasn't so convinced our end's gonna be absolute doggo.

I got high hopes, very excited for the game. The scenes if we win lol It'll be like West Brom away all over again.

An alternate view on away tickets. What about fans that can't get to many games?

As I see it, at Leicester (and many other clubs), away tickets are for a set of people that always go - great in terms of rewarding loyalty, but tends to make away tickets a privileged 'club' that is almost impossible to get into - you can't get the points because you can't get the tickets, followed by you can't get the tickets because you haven't got the points.

For exiles, like myself, we often have to resort to tickets in the opposition section - sometimes a little tense, especially when Huth scores in the 83rd minute at Spurs and an uncontrollable City Fan (me, sat not too far from the Leicester dugout) is going bananas surrounded by Spurs fans!

I don't understand the reason why people who have attended the away game have earnt their points and people who haven't gone but lent their reference to a fellow supporter who has the same priority haven't. When I go to aways I enjoy it, it aint a chore or job. It's not unfair, maybe I should get points for every home I attend as it's a 300 mile round trip, or 2 points for a London a 550 mile round trip, I do far more miles than most P1's and spend far more money, I will do what I want with my priority three, it's well bloody earned. I don't want extra points by the way, but come on, have a bit of empathy people, to coin a good old Leicester phrase, stop being bloody mardy!

An alternate view on away tickets. What about fans that can't get to many games?

As I see it, at Leicester (and many other clubs), away tickets are for a set of people that always go - great in terms of rewarding loyalty, but tends to make away tickets a privileged 'club' that is almost impossible to get into - you can't get the points because you can't get the tickets, followed by you can't get the tickets because you haven't got the points.

For exiles, like myself, we often have to resort to tickets in the opposition section - sometimes a little tense, especially when Huth scores in the 83rd minute at Spurs and an uncontrollable City Fan (me, sat not too far from the Leicester dugout) is going bananas surrounded by Spurs fans!

The only way for this to be reconciled would be for the club to start recognising organised supporters' groups within certain regions and give a proportion of tickets when there's a game in their area. Even then though, it would be hard to police whether members were legitimate or just people from Leicester trying to jib a ticket. Would require a lot of trust from the club to such groups and also for these groups to be better organised than they are currently. Maybe this is already the case and we just don't know about it, but I've certainly not heard of it happening?

That said (and I speak as someone who's lived at almost opposite ends of the country in his time), I do think it's a little bit of a case of TS if you can't get a brief because you're unable to get to enough games. At the end of the day, Leicester-based (or elswehere) fans who go to the most matches deserve first dibs because they commit the most time, money and physical support to the club in good times and bad. I'll always try and help Leicester-supporting mates from other parts of the country out where I can, but sadly it's not always possible and we all accept that.

I think the thing LCFC need to change is how long you actually get to sort it. 125+ points seems to be new priority 1 and I bet there are loads with that many, they have one day to get their tickets before 115 come into the equation, and then 108 the following day. That's ridiculous really given how quickly they're going.

They punch holes in tickets when you take them in now

Archived