Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

And people wank off about TIFOs yet that's a bit of pretty shiny stuff held up in unison and lasts a few seconds! Now before you TIFO lovers go off on one I think they're clever and look good for that brief period of time but they do absolutely fvck all for the atmosphere.

The clappers 100 % have.

Oh yes, get ya now pal :)

I'm old school as my formative years were late 70s through the 90s.

The hatred and anal objection to clappers is in my opinion irrational. Now we have the majority of the ground involved and its bloody loud as opposed to a few small pockets who clap with their hands and moan that noone else joins in!

I loved Filbo with a passion but some of the rhetoric over the atmosphere is grossly exaggerated imo.

Remove clappers and believe me we will be back to the we're great fans cos we sing moaning that KP is a library.

Be careful what you wish for I say.

Oh yes, get ya now pal :)

I'm old school as my formative years were late 70s through the 90s.

The hatred and anal objection to clappers is in my opinion irrational. Now we have the majority of the ground involved and its bloody loud as opposed to a few small pockets who clap with their hands and moan that noone else joins in!

I loved Filbo with a passion but some of the rhetoric over the atmosphere is grossly exaggerated imo.

Remove clappers and believe me we will be back to the we're great fans cos we sing moaning that KP is a library.

Be careful what you wish for I say.

Totally with you on that. They've made a massive difference!

We took a couple into the pub after Saturdays game and annoyed the other punters by singing the Mahrez song and banging the clappers on the bar tables as we did so.

Immense fun!

lol

So many caring about what other fans think. I suggest you work on confidence issues. The clappers have massively improved our all round atmosphere and does fvck all harm. If you don't like them you don't have to use them!

Caring what others think is even sadder and more irrational than the clappers hatred.

Who is caring what other people think? People don't like them for other reasons other than rivals fans' perceptions of them, you know. 

Who is caring what other people think? People don't like them for other reasons other than rivals fans' perceptions of them, you know.

Maybe so and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I love my football and I join in with chanting irrespective, however, I feel if clappers are removed 70% of the atmosphere will disappear too.

This is a view on effect of clappers not a preference thing,noise from whole ground or library interspersed with noise from the cool singing sections.

Just saying you know.

I noticed last year on big club away matches in the Prem when my customers have kindly invited me to join them in their home support that when you actually look around; all you see is grey hair. So I thought It's a Premier League thing that the age demographic jumps up to silver haired season ticket holders with time and money. It's not the hard arse Championship or the hairy arse Div1 blokes I was used to seeing. These men and ladies don't like to stand and chant and cup themselves with gestures and aggressive songs.

I always noticed a lot of Leicester were the tea in a flask kind of family orientated support that got great attendances even on B team midweek games. (England played here because of the attendances) The clappers can involve all people of all ages and races to join in. I don't have to stand arms wide and sing or steal a flag and chant rude words to support Leicester but I can join in and enjoy the tremendous entertainment that is Leicester City.

I swear half your posts are looking for silly little arguments. They have different uses and are two completely different things.

Are they not both used to make a noise? Ultras handbook says drums are acceptable, I get it now kid.... No bite, just making a mug of you. Again.. And again..

Must have just been a nightmare mate don't worry

Don't worry pal if they go you can sit in relative silence and peacefully sleep at night. Cos believe me the overall ground involvement and inclusion the clappers have created will disappear leaving relatively small disjointed self promoting sections that apart from blowing smoke up each others arses achieve fck all. Be like a library again in no time. Won't that be great?

Don't worry pal if they go you can sit in relative silence and peacefully sleep at night. Cos believe me the overall ground involvement and inclusion the clappers have created will disappear leaving relatively small disjointed self promoting sections that apart from blowing smoke up each others arses achieve fck all. Be like a library again in no time. Won't that be great?

Allright calm down.

I won't be sat in silence il be stood singing. You could have a go at using your hands for clapping. You seem to be able to use them well for typing passionately.

Not sure why I'm aguring about this. Need to sort my life out.

Allright calm down.

I won't be sat in silence il be stood singing. You could have a go at using your hands for clapping. You seem to be able to use them well for typing passionately.

Not sure why I'm aguring about this. Need to sort my life out.

Not angry,don't need to calm down or be told to use my hands or sing.. As a 40 + year supporter in my 50s Im still as passionate as I was in my teens 20s etc. I'm old school but im not stupid or blinkered to the fact that take away the clappers and our atmosphere would be back to being relatively shite! Thats my opinion, I think they have got the vast majority of the stadium involved and created unity and a wall of noise which can only be good surely? So to be loud and clear this is not about me loving them its about the benefits of them including vast areas of the ground that arent normally.

Take that away and you're left with relatively small disjointed sections that will create fck all noise in comparison.

And you're left with people who are self promoting superfans moaning cos theres hardly any noise.

Not angry,don't need to calm down or be told to use my hands or sing.. As a 40 + year supporter in my 50s Im still as passionate as I was in my teens 20s etc. I'm old school but im not stupid or blinkered to the fact that take away the clappers and our atmosphere would be back to being relatively shite! Thats my opinion, I think they have got the vast majority of the stadium involved and created unity and a wall of noise which can only be good surely? So to be loud and clear this is not about me loving them its about the benefits of them including vast areas of the ground that arent normally.

Take that away and your left with relatively small disjointed sections that will create fck all noise in comparison.

And your left with people who are self promoting superfans moaning cos theres hardly any noise.

And who exactly are these self promoting superfans you are referring to? Or are these the inane ramblings of the fifty-somethings that get under the feet of us sixty-somethings? 40+ year supporter? Mere apprentice lad, I'm into my 61st.

And who exactly are these self promoting superfans you are referring to? Or are these the inane ramblings of the fifty-somethings that get under the feet of us sixty-somethings? 40+ year supporter? Mere apprentice lad, I'm into my 61st.

This is exactly the problem Steve, my reply was to his jibe about using my hands and you want to turn it into a pissing contest,grow up!

I hate this pathetic cant stand the clappers nonsense, they have created unity tremendous noise, the vast majority of stadium involved is good surely? Its fkn atmosphere which is being recognised with the ground literally rocking at times. How is that bad? So do you want it to be just 2 or 3 sections singing and hardly any noise in comparison then?

Archived