Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

they are an embarrassment. whenever it zooms in on our fans in highlights packages and it shows people using them I die a little inside. them and the goal music can go in Room 101 with half n half scarves. Just my own personal opinion.

As opposed to other clubs were the fans sit there in silence with a zombie like persona.

I do wonder whether there is a link between these things and our lack of songbook.

We are flying ffs, yet all we ever hear are half arsed songs nobody knows the words to (or can't hear, so as to learn them) and the WLY/Come on Leicester boys shite. Riyad has been with us for a while now, is one of our main men and hasn't even got a proper song.

I do wonder whether there is a link between these things and our lack of songbook.

We are flying ffs, yet all we ever hear are half arsed songs nobody knows the words to (or can't hear, so as to learn them) and the WLY/Come on Leicester boys shite. Riyad has been with us for a while now, is one of our main men and hasn't even got a proper song.

And we had such a good back catalogue of songs before.

they are an embarrassment. whenever it zooms in on our fans in highlights packages and it shows people using them I die a little inside. them and the goal music can go in Room 101 with half n half scarves. Just my own personal opinion.

There were Ranieri vs. Hughes half and half scarves on Saturday.

Don't use them myself but they clearly have a positive effect. The noise they make is horrendous lol

As for other teams forums regarding the clappers the funniest comment I've read is

"I don't know how they all remember to take them to the game every other week" lol

Nailed it.....

We have at least 25-30 songs that get sung in a couple of parts of the ground but no one else joins in becasue you can't clap along to them with clappers  lol

Oh, and Riyad has had the Zombie Nation one for about 18 months, but guess what, no clappers no party. 

There are some miserable bast^rds on this forum. All you have to do is ask this simple question, has the noise/atmosphere intensified since the introduction of the clappers, and have the players and pundits mentioned on numerous occasions how fantastic the crowd have been.

There I think you have answered your own question.

We have at least 25-30 songs that get sung in a couple of parts of the ground but no one else joins in becasue you can't clap along to them with clappers  lol

Oh, and Riyad has had the Zombie Nation one for about 18 months, but guess what, no clappers no party. 

Part of the problem yes, but for years we have had debates about people singing the wrong words to songs, now we have the added problem, who needs to learn words and sing when you can just bang a clapper, out of tune, but it makes noise right?

I mentioned the fact that they drown out the singing, people apparently disagree, however you ask anyone in the family stand if they can make out SK1 /UFS.

My mate says can you **** and thinks the family stand is awesome and L1 is the only place that makes any noise, I say I can see the family stand clapping along with the rest but unless it's we love you, I can't here them from SK1.

So either, as discussed in the past our acoustics are crap, or the clappers are drowning out most song lyrics, as Sol mentions UFS have a decent ish song list now and try to vary it as much as possible, but unless it's LCFC, or something basic we just get clapping.

Yes our atmosphere is 100 times better than it was and 1000 times better than places like goodison etc, but it's time for the clappers to be given a rest, let's see if UFS can get the lyrics across to people for a few games, if it doesn't work fine go back to what has been.

We have at least 25-30 songs that get sung in a couple of parts of the ground but no one else joins in becasue you can't clap along to them with clappers lol

The family stand and the main stand are never going to know the words to the less sung songs. That's a pre-clapper issue. The reason We Love You took off around the ground and not just L1 is everyone can do the woah oh bit without knowing the words.

Sad but true.

The family stand and the main stand are never going to know the words to the less sung songs. That's a pre-clapper issue. The reason We Love You took off around the ground and not just L1 is everyone can do the woah oh bit without knowing the words.

Sad but true.

Not saying that we should expect 30000 people to know the words to Those were the days etc obviously that will never happen. Equally we shouldn't just be to looking to pander to the lowest common denominator. Millwall do that MIIILLLLLLLL thing, everyone can join in with that and there are no words, doesn't make it good does it? 

To be honest, some people just don''t want to sing and use the clapper because it's a lot easier to smack that against your hand. I doubt our fans are actually that much passionate than anywhere else and that's proved by the fact we never had a great atmosphere beforehand. Unless Union FS really begins expanding then the case will be that you take away the clappers, you take away a significant portion of the noise/atmosphere.

Part of the problem yes, but for years we have had debates about people singing the wrong words to songs, now we have the added problem, who needs to learn words and sing when you can just bang a clapper, out of tune, but it makes noise right?

I mentioned the fact that they drown out the singing, people apparently disagree, however you ask anyone in the family stand if they can make out SK1 /UFS.

My mate says can you **** and thinks the family stand is awesome and L1 is the only place that makes any noise, I say I can see the family stand clapping along with the rest but unless it's we love you, I can't here them from SK1.

So either, as discussed in the past our acoustics are crap, or the clappers are drowning out most song lyrics, as Sol mentions UFS have a decent ish song list now and try to vary it as much as possible, but unless it's LCFC, or something basic we just get clapping.

Yes our atmosphere is 100 times better than it was and 1000 times better than places like goodison etc, but it's time for the clappers to be given a rest, let's see if UFS can get the lyrics across to people for a few games, if it doesn't work fine go back to what has been.

I've got to be honest, I read this twice and still all I get is "the clappers are improving the atmosphere not UFS, this makes me sad."

I need to stress, before the inevitable barrage of defensiveness, I have no problem with UFS, I LIKE UFS, I'm not starting threads about UFS being rubbish or slating them in one.

UFS undoubtedly improve the atmosphere in their section. Definitely.

But the clappers improve the atmosphere in mine and nobody is forcing you to use them. It's a big ****ing stadium and you sit in a small block.

I've got to be honest, I read this twice and still all I get is "the clappers are improving the atmosphere not UFS, this makes me sad."

I need to stress, before the inevitable barrage of defensiveness, I have no problem with UFS, I LIKE UFS, I'm not starting threads about UFS being rubbish or slating them in one.

UFS undoubtedly improve the atmosphere in their section. Definitely.

But the clappers improve the atmosphere in mine and nobody is forcing you to use them. It's a big ****ing stadium and you sit in a small block.

Love to know how you drew that conclusion, in fact i'm not even sure what your point is and if that sentence even makes sense.

I have accepted the clappers improved the atmosphere, however they have served a purpose, wouldn't it now be nice if people could join in with songs and learn the words as a next step.

If you read further back I even asked the question " I would like to know an honest opinion from a opposition player" as to if they have an affect as they must be strange to play in front of as a one off, however, they are getting to the point where they drown out all other noise, and are becoming an iritant to some people.

Oh and for the record I don't SIT.

Archived