Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

Oh Jesus Christ.

I give up.

Thank **** for that, can you stop using your clapper now as well please. :ph34r:

You seem to think I am some sort of spokes person for UFS. I'm not even in the same section of the block they are. I have given credit to both UFS and the clappers, what more can I do to be balanced.

It's just when I started going to football you clapped and sang for 90 mins, ok a lot of it was abuse aimed at other fans but still.

I don't get this whole you can't clap for 90 mins which has been brought up several times, and I have stated if binning the clappers doesn't work, fine bring the sodding things back if it means we don't end up with Goodison park every week.

I'm just saying and I'm clearly not alone in the theory, that maybe giving them a rest, could be tried for a few games. I get some people won't like that but they do say, you can't please everyone, all of the time. I for one am just starting to get a little bored of the constant racket, that normally is way out of tune and just ends up sounding rubbish and only seems to happen to about 2 tunes anyway.

Sorry for having an opinion, I will refrain from having any more. :lei1:

Love to know how you drew that conclusion, in fact i'm not even sure what your point is and if that sentence even makes sense.

I have accepted the clappers improved the atmosphere, however they have served a purpose, wouldn't it now be nice if people could join in with songs and learn the words as a next step.

If you read further back I even asked the question " I would like to know an honest opinion from a opposition player" as to if they have an affect as they must be strange to play in front of as a one off, however, they are getting to the point where they drown out all other noise, and are becoming an iritant to some people.

Oh and for the record I don't SIT.

i can't work out posts like this.

they've served a purpose? they still serve the same purpose every week. of making our ground noisy. what's the point in going back to our stupid, shit boring quiet depressing ground? just because you don't think the clappers are proper hardcore? great. 

Union FS do great things in their corner of the kop. I sit not far below them (yes sit, ban me) and around us we can hear and join in with their chants or we can clap along to L1 or the rest of the ground. some do one, some do the other, some do neither. As finners said, the atmosphere in SK1 (maybe at a stretch the blocks either side) has improved no end mainly down to Union FS. but the atmosphere in the other 95% of the ground has improved as much, if not more, down to the clappers. 

SK1 and maybe a few hundred either side would see a benefit from the removal of the clappers. the other 30k in the ground would see a massive drop in atmosphere, and most, most importantly so would the 22 people on the pitch. 

but yeah let's bin them so Union FS can sing some songs in their corner that nobody knows and half the ground can't hear, so hardly anyone joins in with.

:cap:

they've served a purpose? they still serve the same purpose every week. of making our ground noisy. what's the point in going back to our stupid, shit boring quiet depressing ground? just because you don't think the clappers are proper hardcore? great.

Union FS do great things in their corner of the kop. I sit not far below them (yes sit, ban me) and around us we can hear and join in with their chants or we can clap along to L1 or the rest of the ground. some do one, some do the other, some do neither. As finners said, the atmosphere in SK1 (maybe at a stretch the blocks either side) has improved no end mainly down to Union FS. but the atmosphere in the other 95% of the ground has improved as much, if not more, down to the clappers.

SK1 and maybe a few hundred either side would see a benefit from the removal of the clappers. the other 30k in the ground would see a massive drop in atmosphere, and most, most importantly so would the 22 people on the pitch.

but yeah let's bin them so Union FS can sing some songs in their corner that nobody knows and half the ground can't hear, so hardly anyone joins in with.

Dude careful that was almost a serious post.

Agree though.

Round and Round we go.

So it's fine for people to want to accept what we have, but wrong for the likes of UFS to want to be a little more ambitious?

As I say I am on the edge of where they are and not a signed up member or anything like. However they started something and it has grown, they may have unrealistic dreams and aims, granted. But the clappers are now stopping anything more organic growing and expanding.

I get that they must be great for anyone under 11 and over about 65 as they are a simple way of generating noise with minimal effort.

Someone started a thread asking if they are rubbish, I offered a balanced view, I have not declared them rubbish, merely suggested that, maybe just maybe we could try finding out what we could do without them.

Once upon a time we discovered that Filbert Street created the highest noise per person, more than grounds 2 or 3 times our size, that wasn't because the whole ground was singing I know, it was because a small pocket created a lot of noise. Imagine what we could do now if we could get more people involved, if it doesn't happen fine go back what we have now, but is there any harm in trying?

Do you really invisage that the future of our football watching at the KP involves clappers for the next 50 years? And that is not meant to be rude, it is a genuine question.

Trends move on, as your have so politely showed by the gun to the head image, I get that, so maybe we can change them again.

I guess this is a divided issue, I have no problem in returning them if the place goes back to being a morgue, I just would like to find out.

Although from some of the responses on here I would have no doubt the Clappers Brigade would purposely sit there with aims folded not making any noise just to make their point.

We all want the same thing, success on and of the pitch, but there can be many ways of going about both.

We all want the same thing, success on and of the pitch, but there can be many ways of going about both.

well we tried your way (all sitting in silence and moaning that nobody sang on internet forums) for over a decade and got, er, nowhere. now we've tried a new way, using clappers, and got, er, the best atmosphere in the league by a distance and probably one of the best we've ever had as a club. but yeah the first was better imo.

Clappers Brigade, ffs.

lol hope that includes me. ive never used one but sounds like a pretty cool brigade. are you in the 65+ brigade or the under 11s brigade tho finners thats the question.

well we tried your way (all sitting in silence and moaning that nobody sang on internet forums) for over a decade and got, er, nowhere. now we've tried a new way, using clappers, and got, er, the best atmosphere in the league by a distance and probably one of the best we've ever had as a club. but yeah the first was better imo.

lol hope that includes me. ive never used one but sounds like a pretty cool brigade. are you in the 65+ brigade or the under 11s brigade tho finners thats the question.

Probably 65+ tbh.

You come to an age when you stop giving a **** what people think about you or your team, a lot of these hipster fans are so insecure they don't find them cool enough and care far too much about what other fans say.

This.

I genuinely think Bayfox sounds like a smart lad, I know this will sound patronising but I'm sure he's a nice guy and we'd probably get along well.

But when you feel the need to qualify things like "btw I don't SIT" that's when you come across as an insecure hipster.

When I started going to the football...

90% were standing, they had to the few seats that were there were too expensive and only for the posher folk

There were no replica shirts just a few hand knitted blue and white scarves and a smattering of outrageous pom pom hats not the regulation cloth cap.

There were very few women or girls just working class blokes with fags in their mouths that they only took out to join in with singing

Young kids at the front with those infernal wooden rattles.

Fans weren't separated so with had to mix with the horrible away supporters

We've had periods of full grounds and full singing

We've had empty grounds and morgue like atmospheres

I could go on, so much has changed there's little point in looking back, I know I do but it's a waste of time.

As for the clappers it'll be down to the owners as to whether they carry on or not individuals liking or disliking them will have little or no effect on that decision.

I sit half way down Sk1 and can't make out half the songs that are being sung out the back.

A few quotes here this may take a while :P

At no point did I suggest that I wanted to go back to 10 years of near silence, but feel free to keep twisting it to suit your stance, I have given both for and against in equal measure, although we are still sat here having a moan about no singing, even with clappers :)

You come to an age when you stop giving a **** what people think about you or your team, a lot of these hipster fans are so insecure they don't find them cool enough and care far too much about what other fans say. 

I certainly don't give a **** what other people think about my team, I lost interest in other clubs a long time ago.

This.

I genuinely think Bayfox sounds like a smart lad, I know this will sound patronising but I'm sure he's a nice guy and we'd probably get along well.

But when you feel the need to qualify things like "btw I don't SIT" that's when you come across as an insecure hipster.

The sit comment was meant as a bit of Fun and I can safely say I am and never have been hip, :nono:  maybe I should join UFS would that make me any hipper?  :teehee:

bayfox stands up to watch countdown 

No i lay down for my dose of RR. (probably too much info there) :doh:

I, for one, at the Liverpool game, intend to visibly eat a large prawn sandwich in one hand and use my clapper with the other

What you gonna whack it on then. :jawdrop:

Oh and I take it all back, i forgot the clappers are great, for playing raps with on the walk back to the station. :ph34r:

Archived