Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

Yeah I imagine there's less small children and disabled people in L1.

I mean if you're a grown bloke and one smacks you on the head it's not going to ruin your day but if you're some eighty year old dear or a little kid and you turn around to get one full force in the face from the back of the stand it's going to do some damage.

And for what? Some "lad" to look cool to his mates? Bants.

I saw some absolute **** throw his coke bottle in K1. It hit a young lad on the back of the head.

This is one of the reason they need to go

Ive been struck several times at the final whistle, its actually quite dangerous. lol

It's no more a reason for them to go as flags should go because Soup Nazi brained some chap with one by accident.

People just need to have a bit of awareness for the people around them.

since the clappers were introducted we have had amazing form, started last season against West Ham and we won.. since they were introduced our results have been amazing. remove them and we will regret it forever. 

Results before clappers in Prem: 3 wins

Results after clappers in Prem: 21 wins

Anyone thinking that they haven't made a huge difference to our atmosphere think back to the liverpool game last season !

The game was aweful and the crowd was like a funeral directors on a busy burial morning ! DEAD

I love em , and yes I'm a big kid !

It's no more a reason for them to go as flags should go because Soup Nazi brained some chap with one by accident.

People just need to have a bit of awareness for the people around them.

this wasnt near sk1 was it? i thought i could see something happening. 

Unrelated but does anyone have the link to the UNION FS topic, i cannot seem to find it.

Think they're ok - obviously have helped the atmosphere too.

PS. With those at the back of Block A, stop throwing them towards the bottom rows - going to take someones eye out before too long!

Stop doing the poznan then lol

I'm getting bored of having this argument with you but I feel compelled to do so because it concerns me that, left unchallenged, this sort of view will spread. Especially given I think you're fairly actively involved with UFS who actually have a voice with the club, unless I'm mistaken?

It is not a myth, they do improve the atmosphere, quite significantly. This isn't really even up for debate, it's not a matter of opinion, it is fact that could probably comfortably be backed up with stats if there was somehow a decibel recording all round the ground!

I accept whole heartedly that where you sit, they quite possibly make little difference. Likewise in L1 they're probably irrelevant.

But to make noise in a ground like ours it needs to be coming from everywhere and that's where the clappers come in. The corners like C2, the family stand, the posh seats and even the quiet stretch between UFS and K have been completely awoken by the clappers.

Not just because the clappers themselves make noise but because people who would otherwise be self conscious singing actually raise their voices and get involved when the clappers are going off around them. People sing near me and even in the main stand where they never used to pre-clappers (even in sell out big games where L1 and the kop was noisy.)

You (and others like you) absolutely must get out of the mentality that your small section of the ground is representative of everyone. It would be fantastic if you were, you make a great amount of noise and you energise the people around you, you're definitely having a positive impact in your block. But the ground is much bigger than that.

This, this, this.

I stand with the small group at the back of the Family Stand next to the away fans.

I don't use the clappers I use my hands.

HOWEVER, the majority of the family stand do use them and it encourages them to join in with songs/chants that we (the group at the back of the family stand) or L1 start.

People need to ignore other teams fans, they really are jealous of our atmosphere, they must be, considering the appalling atmosphere I've witnessed at grounds like Goodison Park, Anfield and Old Trafford over the last couple of years.

If you don't use them like me, but use your hands, fair enough. But leave the people who like them to use them if they wish.

If you don't use them like me, but use your hands, fair enough. But leave the people who like them to use them if they wish.

Goes both ways though doesn't it. People in this thread, and every other thread that has been made about the bloody things, who don't like them, are immediately shouted down as being wannabe ultras, family hating, lad bible reading, try hard casual, trouble making "ladz" who trawl through opposition message boards all day worrying about what the Holmesdale Fanatics think our our home support.

If the people who don't like the clappers generalise about the people that do, we get torn to shreds, but if it's the other way around that seems to be OK.

Foxestalk.

Guest seanfox778

I'm quite superstitious and we first used them for the West Ham game last season which started our miraculous current form. No way would I want to get rid of them, they don't bother me and it does raise the noise levels. The extra bit of noise could slightly inspire our players and intimidate the opposition, not sure if that's plausible but they're certainly doing something for us. 100% keep them.

Here is a relentless racket from them, but it does get the usually quiet involved, particularly those who can only manage a few short chants.

If they wind up opposing fans and players - thats all to the good. Our players seem to get on with them fine. The Leicester vuvuzela it may be, but don't knock what works, the atmosphere is so much better with them.

Guest CityFan 06

I have to say if the clappers are to stay, throwing them at the end of the game is a little dangerous. I'm pretty sure I've been hit once on the back of the head by them, as I certainly felt something. I'm not saying it ruins the day at all or causes any damage, but it is still risky for others as well.

I have to say if the clappers are to stay, throwing them at the end of the game is a little dangerous. I'm pretty sure I've been hit once on the back of the head by them, as I certainly felt something. I'm not saying it ruins the day at all or causes any damage, but it is still risky for others as well.

One hit me on the back of the head and it was pretty hench. It's quite a heavy bit of card when it's not been spread out.

You'd certainly know about it if one caught you in the eye or something.

I'm all for them but wish people would stop throwing them tbh.

Clappers don't all make the difference. If we're playing well on the pitch everyone will join in but look at Spurs the other night, awful atmosphere and they ruin chants when people whack them to any tune. I still find it tragic people clap along to uptown funk. F**k me it's not a disco.

Bites incoming.

Archived