Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

I love 'em.....It annoys people, anything that annoys the opposition fans, even some of our own .

Clappers n rattles sections were seen with family enjoying the atmosphere, when the Cameras panned

the terraces this weekend, kids smiling, mothers, wives joining in....

After media, and players spitting their dummies out, makes a big change..

I like them but wish people would stop folding them up and chucking them from the back of K1. One hit the young ball boy on Saturday and he then kept looking round nervously to see if any more were going to be thrown in his direction. If you're higher up in K block than me, sort it out!

I find occasionally they actually ruin the atmosphere as people clap to the wrong beat and sometimes you can just hear clapping over singing which prevents other people from joining in with the actual song and also prevents new chants/songs from being recognised. Easy solution for this, hand the clappers out on the entrance to the stairs from the concourse like they did at West ham in the cup this season this way those who want them have them and those who don't won't. 

I find occasionally they actually ruin the atmosphere as people clap to the wrong beat and sometimes you can just hear clapping over singing which prevents other people from joining in with the actual song and also prevents new chants/songs from being recognised. Easy solution for this, hand the clappers out on the entrance to the stairs from the concourse like they did at West ham in the cup this season this way those who want them have them and those who don't won't.

If you can hear them over the singing, then the singings not loud enough

So you are complaining about singing whilst sitting in the least vocal section in the ground??

I wasn't complaining 90% of the time you can hear the singing loud and clear.I can only make a judgement where i unfortunately find myself on match days. This is why i'm so desperate to move  lol  

Don't use them personally but glad we've got em. I sit in SK1 and love nothing more than getting on my feet and making some noise, it's a massive part of why I go, that being said, when I look around the stadium and ALL sides are getting involved it's fantastic as I've never seen it that way at our current stadium. 

It's a yes from me

Don't use them personally but glad we've got em. I sit in SK1 and love nothing more than getting on my feet and making some noise, it's a massive part of why I go, that being said, when I look around the stadium and ALL sides are getting involved it's fantastic as I've never seen it that way at our current stadium.

It's a yes from me

Agree with this, never seen so many people join in before!

The only thing that annoys me is the opposing fans that think it's the clappers that create the atmosphere and we don't have one without them.

They're a tool to make more noise and get the whole stadium making that noise rather than scattered pockets all singing different songs and chants. The clappers don't clap themselves opposing fans, it's still the people that make the noise by using them and 30000 clappers make more noise than 30000 pairs of hands. They're no different to using wooden rattles, air horns or even vuvuzelas, they're a noise maker, nothing more, nothing less.

they are an embarrassment. whenever it zooms in on our fans in highlights packages and it shows people using them I die a little inside. them and the goal music can go in Room 101 with half n half scarves. Just my own personal opinion.

Archived