Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

This is exactly the problem Steve, my reply was to his jibe about using my hands and you want to turn it into a pissing contest,grow up!

I hate this pathetic cant stand the clappers nonsense, they have created unity tremendous noise, the vast majority of stadium involved is good surely? Its fkn atmosphere which is being recognised with the ground literally rocking at times. How is that bad? So do you want it to be just 2 or 3 sections singing and hardly any noise in comparison then?

Sorry, misunderstood your post, retracted. Love the rocking KP, long may it continue

When we were in our promotion season under Adams, I was a steward in the family stand and despite all we went through off the pitch, our triumph on it generated no atmosphere whatsoever.

I was in that stand for the Stoke game and at one point the noise was so loud, I forgot I wasn't in the kop.

The clappers have improved the atmosphere all around the ground where it needed improving.

Now all sides of the ground generate noise, it seems like the traditional singing sections dont like it as it takes attention from them.

Or did the atmosphere improve, and continue to improve because of our upturn in form?

I think the clappers are great, but it is likely that the atmosphere would be shit, and continue to be shit of we were struggling.

Agree, form improving has obviously contributed too!

There it is!!! Didn't take long. Didn't mention anything about ultras? Have L1 started up a new group??

He makes a fair point, though.

Why exactly is a drum okay but a clapper not?

Why is a flare or smoke bomb okay but a clapper not?

Why is "Leicester City, best team the world has ever seen" or "when the blues go marching" an acceptable chant but "everywhere we go" is rubbish?

Why exactly does "the Poznan" have to stop but imitating the Toure brothers chant for every French born player we can find okay?

All serious questions. Genuinely would like to see someone answer them constructively without coming across as a massively self conscious hipster.

I personally find the Poznan ridiculous and I will put my hand up and say I hated the clappers at first but I'm not trying to have them stopped. If people are having fun with them then whose place exactly is it to stop it?

What those who have a problem with the clappers are overlooking more than anything else isn't whether or not they're improving the atmosphere but the fact that the vast majority of the people in attendance seem to be enjoying using them. So let them?

Sorry, misunderstood your post, retracted. Love the rocking KP, long may it continue

No need for an apology pal, like I said I'm old school and certain things have nade me cringe at times too. The noise our stadium genetates now is unbelievable at times and it's brilliant, long may it continue :)

In my opinion everyone should be given a copy of BigMicky's 'Ultras' handbook'. Our support would be far better for it and they'd probs double as clappers tbf.

Better still ask the club to print the key points from it on the clappers. :P

The could also put the words to some of the songs, we could also introduce a song of the game 

Or did the atmosphere improve, and continue to improve because of our upturn in form?

I think the clappers are great, but it is likely that the atmosphere would be shit, and continue to be shit of we were struggling.

No, there was a definite change in mood amongst the players and fans around the Spurs game. There was a determination amongst the players and certainly from what I was reading and hearing from fans at the time, that if we were going down, we were going down fighting, and backing the team to the hilt. That was before the upturn in form and the great escape. The clappers appeared at the same time and like them or not, they helped massively with the overall level of noise.

Drums are better because they genuinely complement some songs if used properly. Clappers are very good for getting people involved, but there's no particular rhythm to them and the noise they generate is shite and drowns out anything decent.

I don't give a shit about being called tinpot by fans of clubs like Everton and Newcastle who both have absolute car crashes for atmospheres. We should aim for everything C-Man said, that post was spot on, it's personal enjoyment if anything.

Drums are better because they genuinely complement some songs if used properly. Clappers are very good for getting people involved, but there's no particular rhythm to them and the noise they generate is shite and drowns out anything decent.

I don't give a shit about being called tinpot by fans of clubs like Everton and Newcastle who both have absolute car crashes for atmospheres. We should aim for everything C-Man said, that post was spot on, it's personal enjoyment if anything.

Is that still going?

Rarely here it now - even if it's still being used, must be a feint noise coming from it now.

Archived