Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Are the clappers rubbish?

A few quotes here this may take a while :P

At no point did I suggest that I wanted to go back to 10 years of near silence, but feel free to keep twisting it to suit your stance, I have given both for and against in equal measure, although we are still sat here having a moan about no singing, even with clappers :)

I certainly don't give a **** what other people think about my team, I lost interest in other clubs a long time ago.

The sit comment was meant as a bit of Fun and I can safely say I am and never have been hip, :nono: maybe I should join UFS would that make me any hipper? :teehee:

No i lay down for my dose of RR. (probably too much info there) :doh:

What you gonna whack it on then. :jawdrop:

His knee obviously. #sitdownmakenoise

Bit naff but the ground is loud so good.

N'golo Kante/Riyad Mahrez chant needs to go in the bin forever though. Genuinely terrible

I think its great

It is a bit naff, however I have to say when it got going at Spurs away, I couldn't help getting carried away and joining in,

Maybe it was the beer.

Round and Round we go.

So it's fine for people to want to accept what we have, but wrong for the likes of UFS to want to be a little more ambitious?

As I say I am on the edge of where they are and not a signed up member or anything like. However they started something and it has grown, they may have unrealistic dreams and aims, granted. But the clappers are now stopping anything more organic growing and expanding.

I get that they must be great for anyone under 11 and over about 65 as they are a simple way of generating noise with minimal effort.

Someone started a thread asking if they are rubbish, I offered a balanced view, I have not declared them rubbish, merely suggested that, maybe just maybe we could try finding out what we could do without them.

Once upon a time we discovered that Filbert Street created the highest noise per person, more than grounds 2 or 3 times our size, that wasn't because the whole ground was singing I know, it was because a small pocket created a lot of noise. Imagine what we could do now if we could get more people involved, if it doesn't happen fine go back what we have now, but is there any harm in trying?

Do you really invisage that the future of our football watching at the KP involves clappers for the next 50 years? And that is not meant to be rude, it is a genuine question.

Trends move on, as your have so politely showed by the gun to the head image, I get that, so maybe we can change them again.

I guess this is a divided issue, I have no problem in returning them if the place goes back to being a morgue, I just would like to find out.

Although from some of the responses on here I would have no doubt the Clappers Brigade would purposely sit there with aims folded not making any noise just to make their point.

We all want the same thing, success on and of the pitch, but there can be many ways of going about both.

The small pocket of fans that created a lot of noise at Filbo only sounded so loud because the double decker stand acted like an amplifier.

The sound bounced off the back wall and roof of the kop and out towards the pitch instead of dispersing in all directions.

And if you want what Union FS to grow and do something more inclusive to the whole stadium how about you sign up. If you're so close and can't be bothered, how do you expect anyone else to be?

The small pocket of fans that created a lot of noise at Filbo only sounded so loud because the double decker stand acted like an amplifier.

The sound bounced off the back wall and roof of the kop and out towards the pitch instead of dispersing in all directions.

And if you want what Union FS to grow and do something more inclusive to the whole stadium how about you sign up. If you're so close and can't be bothered, how do you expect anyone else to be?

How about if ufs want to be inclusive. They don't have a membership to create exclusivity?

Ffs. I have praised them for what they do but that doesn't want I want membership of something. I have a season ticket and go to support my club. What ufs do is up to them. But I don't need a card and a scarf to show my loyalty and passion for my club.

It saddens me that anyone who takes pride in our support is labelled obsessed with what other people think.

This forum has a 360 page thread about others saying bow great/how shit we are where we get off on comments from Scousers about our playing style or get wound up because there are retards in Sunderland.

Is it not beyond the realms of possibility that others want to take pride in our supporters as well as the team?

I want to see us have the best team but I also want to see them backed by the most vociferous, traditional (but innovative in terms of new chants and tifos) and hostile crowd in the country. Not because I want to boast on Twitter how good our support is compared to others - because frankly 99% of British teams have such shit support they aren't worth comparing ourselves to - but because it improves my personal enjoyment of the game.

Pretty sure the Seattle Seahawks have the loudest decibel count in sport and do it without clappers tbh. We probably shouldn't be so snide.

Then again, septics are the loudest species on earth.

I have been to a Seahawks game everyone is fecking drunk off thier nut !

Pretty sure the Seattle Seahawks have the loudest decibel count in sport and do it without clappers tbh. We probably shouldn't be so snide.

Then again, septics are the loudest species on earth.

Septics are the loudest species because they cry out in pain at the shock of the poison in their system. Sceptics on the other hand should be silenced.

So many caring about what other fans think. I suggest you work on confidence issues. The clappers have massively improved our all round atmosphere and does fvck all harm. If you don't like them you don't have to use them!

Caring what others think is even sadder and more irrational than the clappers hatred.

So many caring about what other fans think. I suggest you work on confidence issues. The clappers have massively improved our all round atmosphere and does fvck all harm. If you don't like them you don't have to use them!

Caring what others think is even sadder and more irrational than the clappers hatred.

You can take all your clappers AND your happy clappers and all your pots and all your pans and throw them into the biggest dustbin you can find!

cos you've only ever won anything by BLOODY CHEATING!

lol

Archived