Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

On 17/02/2018 at 02:41, Harrydc said:

Starting to feel like I can't function without taking sleeping Meds, the doctor is refusing to give me more zopoclone and over the counter tablets aren't helping, how does he expect me to be able to sleep ? I already had problems but they massively escalated when I had a traumatic car accident a few months back. It's like a vicious circle, the lack of sleep doesn't help my other mental health issues, any suggestions? 

Been there. Feel your pain. Booze is not a good idea unfortunately as its not a deep sleep and a vicious circle of you end up having to drink every night to get a bit of shut eye. Bit harsh of your Dr to not at least just give a smaller dose so you could taper off as you will be likely having a rebound. As some have suggested below exercise to exhaustion is a good bet. I always though herbal = does fock all but very strong chamomile tea (allegedly acts on similar part of the brain to Valium) don't burn the leafs and hot milky Horlicks I've found to help. Worth a try as it's worked for me and I've unfortunately been in exactly the same boat. Good luck.

Really not good today got an operation on my left hand (won't be out cold) But the surgeon cheered me up telling me if it goes wrong I could lose the use of it.

Fecking great news as the same op will need doing on my right hand.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Really not good today got an operation on my left hand (won't be out cold) But the surgeon cheered me up telling me if it goes wrong I could lose the use of it.

Keep the faith mate. 

There will always be an outside chance of complications but most operations are a success these days and I'm sure your surgeon is both confident and competent.

I hope it goes well and you make a full recovery. I'm about 10 weeks post op myself from surgery at Christmas but over the worst and almost back to normal now, so time really is a healer.

Try and stay positive Sylo. Good luck with it all :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Best of luck mate.

• Thanks 1

Guest Harrydc
4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Good luck mate I hope it all goes to plan. 

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

Does that mean you wouldn't be able to type anymore?

lol

Only kidding mate, hope all is well

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Glad to hear it went well but honestly mate being told that would send shivers down anybody's spine, we're allowed to be anxious/scared about that sort of thing. It's natural!

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

Look on the bright side mate, every time you have a wank it would be like someone else is doing it.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Glad to hear it went well but honestly mate being told that would send shivers down anybody's spine, we're allowed to be anxious/scared about that sort of thing. It's natural!

I knew what could happen 6 weeks ago and been fine. But last night and this morning I started to panic.

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I knew what could happen 6 weeks ago and been fine. But last night and this morning I started to panic.

I was tempted to make a joke about crossing fingers but thought better of it :whistle:

Glad to hear it's gone ok :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Going bad LIGF **** life going crazy. Fvcming hate you all.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

**** off

What's up mate? 

If you're hurting, tell us...

Been fine for 2 years now on 10mg citalopram, recently (last Thurs) started a new job doing something different to old role but have had some exposure to in the past so not entirely foreign.

Felt absolutely sick and anxious this morning and every hour last night was filled with dread about new job tasks.

Anyone else had this?

4 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

Been fine for 2 years now on 10mg citalopram, recently (last Thurs) started a new job doing something different to old role but have had some exposure to in the past so not entirely foreign.

Felt absolutely sick and anxious this morning and every hour last night was filled with dread about new job tasks.

Anyone else had this?

I suppose that's quite natural, to an extent considering that it takes around a few weeks or even months to get used to new job responsibilities?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

I suppose that's quite natural, considering that it takes around a few weeks or even months to get used to new job responsibilities?

I guess so just felt out of control for the first time in ages. Low mood with it.

3 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

I guess so just felt out of control for the first time in ages. Low mood with it.

You may have that feeling during the early stages of your new job, but when you get used to the job processes etc, you may eventually feel more at ease about it.

If you feel you need some guidance about particular aspects of the job that you're worrying about, may be best to inform your manager etc about what you're struggling with?

That'd show them you're keen to impress etc despite only just starting in the job.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

really dont know what lifes about atm. Or if i care.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

one minutes up the next is down. Lizzy wish I was dead.

Just now, sylofox said:

Muzzy lol

See the fact you put a 'lol' on there says you've still got your sense of humour mate :thumbup:

Just don't do anything rash tonight because I guarantee things will look better tomorrow morning.

I know it's been tough with the op but you've gotta hold on to a bright future and be grateful for all the good stuff in your life - and there's lots of good stuff to be grateful for.