Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Right now I so wish I was dead. Can't think of a better place to be

I don't know what to say to you mate. I'm not a professional.

Just remember that you're loved by many and play a vital role in the lives of others (even if you don't believe that right now)

However bad it feels in this moment is only temporary and it's only your crooked thinking playing tricks on you.

Whatever you're thinking right now is not your reality, it's just an illusion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If I told you I've seen hell would you believe me? I have.

Yeah I would.

I've stood in front of a mirror in a hospital aged 29 with an ileostomy bag on my hip, weighing under 8 stone and my successful career in ruins. I spent the next 18 months having operation after operation and visiting hell every time. 

On many occasions I just wanted to end it. I hated myself and my body and the restrictions I had. But I hung in there and recovered and built my life back up.

We only truly appreciate the good stuff once we've experienced the bad and you're in a bad place right now.

But it's only temporary and you will come out the other side stronger. Trust me...

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Muzzy ty but not so sure I want it.

Can't enjoy life like I did. TY

Neither can I.

But I owe it to my wife and kids to at least try.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lol shalama just an illusion 

who who who whyaa

We all have our struggles Sylo but the only people who don't get better and come out the other side stronger for it are the ones who make a permanent decision that cannot be reversed.

It might feel like the only way out but it's not. Please stay strong and know that even though I don't know you, I am genuinely rooting for you and hoping that you can pull yourself through this.

Keep posting by all means mate but I would recommend calling Samaritans.

Whatever you're going through, call us free any time, from any phone on 116 123.

We're here round the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need a response immediately, it's best to call us on the phone. This number is FREE to call. You don't have to be suicidal to call us.

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

at least I have the prem title to go with

You ain't going anywhere apart from bed you daft twat. Now get off here, have your drink and get a good nights kip.

Then come back in the morning and tell us all that things are O.K. :thumbup:

Guest Harrydc

Heartbreaking some of the thing you read on here. Horrible to see what people are going through and it makes my problems look minor. Stay strong all, and @sylofox - people care. 

Edited by Harrydc

On 06/03/2018 at 01:17, sylofox said:

Home now with a fat numb hand. All seems to be working well atm.

Thanks for the wishes.

Edit... overdone joke 24 hours late

Edited by ozleicester

18 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Did depression exist before Anti-depressants and if it did how did people cope with it ? 

Not just seems to me that the pharmalogical companies are pushing this agenda yet we should be offering more coping talking treatments 

It's a really good point actually, my inner anti-capitalist cynic sort of smirked at that. I love any good dig at big pharma and I think there's definitely a case of epidemics of mental health following pharmaceutical trends. 

Funny how the rise in ritalin coincided with a rise in kids with adhd, good that isn't it? 

We're in an era where antidepressants are ludicrously over prescribed at the drop of a hat and there's no concrete evidence they really work. Only ten years ago, a flouxetine prescription would have been a last resort. Now GPs will load someone up with citalopram at the first hint of a bit of anxiety or stress. 

There's no denying that it's becoming not just acceptable but almost fashionable to be mental health conscious now, this thread is something else that wouldn't have the same level of uptake ten years ago. 

I do think this does more good than harm, though. There may be problems but if the net result is more people talking about mental health and being aware of their mental health then great stuff. 

I think the establishment needs to catch up in how we handle depression. Chucking SSRIs and a referral to an NHS therapist for a bit of cbt at everyone is a crock of shit. 

But coming to terms with the fact that some people really do need help and that that's okay? Can only be positive. 

24 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I think you should take this discussion into another topic, ideally delete what youve written here.

Wind your neck in eh. 

18 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Did depression exist before Anti-depressants and if it did how did people cope with it ? 

Not just seems to me that the pharmalogical companies are pushing this agenda yet we should be offering more coping talking treatments 

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's a really good point actually, my inner anti-capitalist cynic sort of smirked at that. I love any good dig at big pharma and I think there's definitely a case of epidemics of mental health following pharmaceutical trends. 

Funny how the rise in ritalin coincided with a rise in kids with adhd, good that isn't it? 

We're in an era where antidepressants are ludicrously over prescribed at the drop of a hat and there's no concrete evidence they really work. Only ten years ago, a flouxetine prescription would have been a last resort. Now GPs will load someone up with citalopram at the first hint of a bit of anxiety or stress. 

There's no denying that it's becoming not just acceptable but almost fashionable to be mental health conscious now, this thread is something else that wouldn't have the same level of uptake ten years ago. 

I do think this does more good than harm, though. There may be problems but if the net result is more people talking about mental health and being aware of their mental health then great stuff. 

I think the establishment needs to catch up in how we handle depression. Chucking SSRIs and a referral to an NHS therapist for a bit of cbt at everyone is a crock of shit. 

But coming to terms with the fact that some people really do need help and that that's okay? Can only be positive. 

Wind your neck in eh. 

I don't know when anti-depressant use began, but I do know that my mother attempted suicide because of post-natal depression 50+ years ago.

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wind your neck in eh. 

dunno what your problem is, im just suggesting THIS thread is not the ideal place for that discussion.

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

I don't know when anti-depressant use began, but I do know that my mother attempted suicide because of post-natal depression 50+ years ago.

At the risk of being insensitive (because everyone knows I'd never want to do that!) this post only seems relevant if you're missing the point. 

It feels from your tone that you think I'm confirming that depression DIDN'T exist before Anti-depressants. That's quite obviously not the case and, I may be being naive, but I don't think NorthfieldsFox necessarily meant to imply that so literally either. I took him to be being hyperbolic. 

I'm a depressant who's had an extremely thorough amount of both therapeutic and pharmacological support over the years, I'm clearly not going to sit here and claim that depression was made up by big pharma to sell stuff. 

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

dunno what your problem is, im just suggesting THIS thread is not the ideal place for that discussion.

A thread titled Depression is not a good place to discuss Depression? 

Behave. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

At the risk of being insensitive (because everyone knows I'd never want to do that!) this post only seems relevant if you're missing the point. 

It feels from your tone that I'm confirming that depression DIDN'T exist before Anti-depressants. That's quite obviously not the case and, I may be being naive, but I don't think NorthfieldsFox necessarily meant to be imply that so literally either. I took him to be being hyperbolic. 

I'm a depressant who's had an extremely thorough amount of both therapeutic and pharmacological support over the years, I'm clearly not going to sit here and claim that depression was made up by big pharma to sell stuff. 

Behave. 

A thread titled depression..is probably not a good place to have a discussion that questions if depression is real.

Anyway,one of the reasons i suggested it be moved was so that this thread didnt descend into bitching, so im out. :)

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It feels from your tone that you think I'm confirming that depression DIDN'T exist before Anti-depressants. That's quite obviously not the case and, I may be being naive, but I don't think NorthfieldsFox necessarily meant to imply that so literally either. I took him to be being hyperbolic. 

Behave. 

Nah, you're seeing something that's not there, Finners.

It was just a statement of fact that I thought was relevant to Northfield's post.