Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

4 hours ago, HathernFox said:

As funny as it is watching Hamilton throw a strop, it's equally as fun to see the media be told to fcuk off. Wish it would happen more often, they think they can have their cake and eat it. 

I hate the press so I'd almost agree.

But actually, Hamilton is being massively disrespectful to the fans more than the media. 

Think about it, he's paid millions to do a job he loves. Part of that job is doing press interviews and sponsor obligations. It might be boring, he might not enjoy it, but he's working. It's part of his working day.

The millions of people who support him don't have the luxury of a job that awesome or a salary that impressive but they still have to go to work and put a shift in.

Hamilton ****ing about on his phone when he should be working then getting arse when he's told off for it is a serious dick move.

Yes he is obliged to do the interviews as part of his contract. But they are about as entertaining as an England match. In a way by using twitter and snapchat he is developing a better relationship with the newer generation of F1 fans.

F1 lag behind massively when it comes to modern media distribution, god forbid it when someone who used to be a media yes man throws a strop in a conference. I can't recall a more interesting press conference this year :P

In regards to comments of his apparent short answers in press conferences, i've watched them in the past and all the time questions get asked and there's an awkward silence before the media guy has to pick on somebody to answer the question. So yeah I don't think any of them enjoy being there, sure there's a way to act and deal with it but pointing criticism to his one word answers that the media would have you believe he was using, which were no shorter than usual and typically no shorter than other drivers is daft.

Also i'm not sure if there's any TV footage of Hamilton walking out of this press conference or interviews, but i've read what he said and it was put pretty respectfully. But I guess saying somebody stormed out of a press conference sounds a bit more exciting than somebody calmly refusing to answer any questions today.

4 hours ago, Walkers said:

In regards to comments of his apparent short answers in press conferences, i've watched them in the past and all the time questions get asked and there's an awkward silence before the media guy has to pick on somebody to answer the question. So yeah I don't think any of them enjoy being there, sure there's a way to act and deal with it but pointing criticism to his one word answers that the media would have you believe he was using, which were no shorter than usual and typically no shorter than other drivers is daft.

Also i'm not sure if there's any TV footage of Hamilton walking out of this press conference or interviews, but i've read what he said and it was put pretty respectfully. But I guess saying somebody stormed out of a press conference sounds a bit more exciting than somebody calmly refusing to answer any questions today.

I know it's now part and parcel of his job but I'm sure any sane person would be fed up by now of being asked the same questions 50/60 times a day 

12 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

How is Hamilton still dreadful at the start 

Your obsession with him given you follow another team (Williams, incase you dont remember who that is), and don't support his main rival is utter cringe.

Most Championships will be won when you have 1 or 2 less retirements in a season than your rival but lets go through the season

Australia. Hamilton has a bad start from pole, Rosberg also falls back. The team rescue a 1-2 through a good strategy.

Bahrain - Again a bad start by Hamilton from pole, but is then wiped out by Bottas who is given a penalty. Rosberg coasts home easily, Hamilton fights back to 3rd.

China - Race over in qualifying for Hamilton, starting at the back because of car problems. Easy race win for Rosberg

Russia - Similar again except Hamilton reaches Q3 for a P10 start after car trouble. Easy win for Rosberg, unchallenged again.

Spain - Pole for Hamilton, slow off the line again but is then wiped out (in my honest opinion) by Rosberg. Both DNF

Monaco - Start 2nd and 3rd I think, Rosberg strangely slow all race, haven't heard anything about that in the way of car issues so I can only assume he was slow, like he was in the wet at Britain. Hamilton wins, albeit fairly luckily after Red Bull mess up a pit stop.

Canada - Rosberg runs wide because of Hamilton, damaged limitation from there. First race where Rosberg has had more bad luck than his teammate. Even Hamilton doesn't have the easiest of wins with Vettel charging him down most of the race.

Azerbaijan - Easy race win for Rosberg as Hamilton messes up in qualifying. All his own doing, however more car problems in the race with no help from the pit wall on how to rectify it. Rules yes but that went out the window for Rosberg in Britain.

Austria - The only time I think they have raced wheel to wheel all season. Not in the same race because of a grid penalty for Rosberg I think, Merc salvage it by putting him on a strategy different and ultimately one that finds himself infront of Hamilton which is something Mercedes have never done and have not done since. Rosberg causes a crash, no bad luck either way really.

Britain - Comfortable race win for Hamilton, Rosberg lucky to finish with what I think was a potentially race ending issue with his car until his engineer broke the rules. Demoted to 3rd but possibly still 15pts gained?

Germany - Bad start from Rosberg allows Hamilton to pass before T1.

Hungary - Fortunate pole for Rosberg, I think the rules about yellow flags and slowing down were changed after this incident so obviously the stewards/rule makers weren't too impressed with what happened, legal or not. Hamilton wins as Rosberg falls back at the start

Belgium - Hamilton's momentum and win streak comes to an end because of his quali grid drop. Rosberg wins easily from pole, Hamilton comes back to finish 3rd. All in all a good race for the team

Italy - Hamilton dominant all weekend until a poor start gifts Rosberg an easy win.

Singapore - Difficult weekend for the team as the top order was as close as its been all year but Rosberg does a better job than Hamilton all weekend really.

Malaysia - Hamilton dominant, Rosberg is taken out at the start. Looks to be swinging in Hamilton's favour again, his car breaks again and Rosberg managed to take 3rd.

Japan - Top lap from Rosberg in quali under pressure. I woke up to a lot of comment about a wet patch on Hamilton's side of the grid but haven't really heard anything since? He's taken the blame anyway.

So the numbers from that

Car failures: Hamilton 3 - China qualifying, puts him at major disadvantage in the race. Russia qualifying, see China. Malaysia. -25pts. In these races Hamilton picked up 24pts to Rosberg's 65.

Rosberg 0. Referring back to Britain, the closest he's came to DNF'ing (besides Spain) is here and the team broke the rules to keep him in the race. He got 15 pts when it could have been 0.

They've both been hit once at T1. Both came back to finish 3rd.

Starts. Obviously this is difficult to judge but Merc have had a problem with this all year. Will put this down to driver error for fairness. These will be fairly significant grid drops not just one or two places

Hamilton from memory fell back at Australia, Italy, Japan, 3. Rosberg fell back at Germany and Hungary, 2.

To summarise, this is a team that is on course to score over 700pts in a season yet again and has only had its cars race wheel to wheel ONCE, and has only finished 1-2 FOUR times in 17 races, having occupied the front row in qualifying ELEVEN times. This is down to a mix of mechanical problems (including a dodgy getaway procedure which both drivers have struggled with this season) and a few collisions, twice with each other. The stats say Hamilton has came off much worse than Rosberg, not that that is rocket science.

What irks me this season are the people that like to remind us of 2008 when Hamilton apparently only won because of Massa's engine exploding in Hungary, or the Singapore fuel rig episode. Oh and Glock 'letting Hamilton past' on the last lap. Conveniently their memory doesn't go back as far as 2007 when a gearbox problem at the final race in Brazil took Hamilton from 6th to 18th to rob him of his first title. In 2008 the problems of Hamilton/Massa were not as one sided as they are this season with him and Rosberg. The numbers are above. I'm not of the opinion at all that Mercedes are tampering with his car, that really is silly. It is though surely understandable to be massively frustrated that in a season when only one car and two drivers are realistically going to compete for the title, even for the neutral, that we're more than likely not going to see a title battle go down to the wire because of the faults of a car more than the driver.

And sorry if it sounds like I have a chip on my shoulder but this is Nico Rosberg that is about to win a title, with respect not exactly the greatest driver of his generation. It's similar to when Button won in 2009 with Brawn, he's of the same calibre in my opinion. Look back at the last 6 drivers to win the WDC (Hamilton, Vettel, Button, Raikkonen, Alonso, Schumacher). It's hard to say Button fits in with them names and it will be even stranger to see Nico Rosberg involved too. I'm seeing him creeping into lists of the top x of pole positions and wins etc. and its bizarre to see his name with some proper greats of the sport. Sure, Hamilton like Vettel and Schumacher in the past has had his stats boosted by driving one of the most dominant cars in the history of the sport but in 20 years we'll look back at Hamilton and anyone who can give a fair opinion will say he was one of the greatest racing drivers. He has proved this in every year he's been in F1, winning in every season he's participated in. Mention Rosberg and he will be that guy who won the Championship one year in a fantastic car, much like Button.

I don't understand why you think it's an obsession, Hamilton is very much relevant when discussing the sport. He is one of a two in a two horse race, It's not as if he's Button looking to scrape a point each race. Nothing I said was even remotely harsh either, he's had some disastrous starts for a driver of his calibre this season and you'd have to be completely deluded to deny that. I still support Williams, but there's literally nothing to say as we've been consistently mediocre this year, what do you want me to do comment on us finishing 9th or the world title fight which is the most interesting and relevant thing? I do have some support for Rosberg though which I've never denied, as he's been my favourite Williams driver of my generation.

Archived