Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wrighty22

Man Utd (A) 1/5/16 1:30pm KO

Not sure about the rest of the corporate areas, but box holders only get 2 tickets per box.

My family has a box (not for business use, just so the family can all go together, we have a 10 seat box, and have done since the League One season. But we only get an allocation of 2 away tickets for the entire box.

We used to go to home and away games together, but this season, understandably, there has been a higher demand for away tickets, so we get 2 tickets for the entire box, despite the fact that we effectively have 10 season tickets. when we were still in the Championship, there was a lot less demand for tickets, so there was never an issue, but when we pay for 10 season tickets, and, obviously, executive boxes are not cheap, you would think we should be entitled to 1 away ticket per box seat.

I understand its unusual that we have a box as a family, rather than as a corporate advertising tool, like most other box holders, but i don't see why we are only entitled to 2 tickets between 10 season ticket holders. Obviously i know i won't get a lot of sympathy for this, but imagine if you had 10 season tickets in the Kop for your whole family, but get told you are only entitled to away tickets between you. would you be happy about it?

By corporate, I was thinking more of sponsors, businesses the owners mix with etc, companies the club uses, or are trying to get to invest in us, I.e advertising

That depends if I'd gone to enough away games in the past three seasons to justify being able to get them. However you should have 10 references at 100 points to build up away points on so that you can buy more, that would seem fair.

that would seem fair, like i said, before we got promoted back to the premier league, most of us went home and away together for years, but for whatever reason, it was decided that the box is to be treated as an individual box holder, rather that 10 individuals. It is very disappointing, but i guess its all part and parcel of becoming a bigger, more highly supported club, and if missing a lot of away games is the price i have to pay for supporting a successful club, so be it.

By corporate, I was thinking more of sponsors, businesses the owners mix with etc, companies the club uses, or are trying to get to invest in us, I.e advertising

Ah ok, well i would imagine that yes, corporate sponsors probably get as many tickets as they want (within reason)

Jim said something similar, don't buy the figures to be fair, tickets for me are being sold to corporate, players probably get more, I don't know, but they are going somewhere, and not to the fans in the priority system.

Exactly! Went to the ground for 9am this morning to buy seven tickets, all P2, to be told none left. Was prepared to go back tomorrow to chance my arm on P3 day for others in my party that arent p2..knew p3 would be a long shot.  Whats the point in having priority ladder to work up, if people with zero priority get tickets.

Not sure about the rest of the corporate areas, but box holders only get 2 tickets per box.

My family has a box (not for business use, just so the family can all go together, we have a 10 seat box, and have done since the League One season. But we only get an allocation of 2 away tickets for the entire box. 

We used to go to home and away games together, but this season, understandably, there has been a higher demand for away tickets, so we get 2 tickets for the entire box, despite the fact that we effectively have 10 season tickets. when we were still in the Championship, there was a lot less demand for tickets, so there was never an issue, but when we pay for 10 season tickets, and, obviously, executive boxes are not cheap, you would think we should be entitled to 1 away ticket per box seat.

I understand its unusual that we have a box as a family, rather than as a corporate advertising tool, like most other box holders, but i don't see why we are only entitled to 2 tickets between 10 season ticket holders. Obviously i know i won't get a lot of sympathy for this, but imagine if you had 10 season tickets in the Kop for your whole family, but get told you are only entitled to away tickets between you. would you be happy about it?

I do have 10 season tickets in the kop! We are all family. But priority isnt based on wether you are a season ticket holder or not, it's if you travel to away games to acrue points. Which we do. We travel to as many aways as we can do to, my son is P1, the majority of the rest are P2 and we have all missed out on this. So cross today!

Jim said something similar, don't buy the figures to be fair, tickets for me are being sold to corporate, players probably get more, I don't know, but they are going somewhere, and not to the fans in the priority system.

I can't see the issue with corporate getting tickets ?

Most are local companies and if they didn't have a box they would be sat in west stand

I can understand people's frustration but the reality is it's always going to be hard I get - ticket unless you qualify to be in the 2500 that get sold and even then it's not easy

Sorry seen your further posts

I agree the thought of the playboy club london getting 20 tickets for this is wrong and York point is valid

Exactly! Went to the ground for 9am this morning to buy seven tickets, all P2, to be told none left. Was prepared to go back tomorrow to chance my arm on P3 day for others in my party that arent p2..knew p3 would be a long shot. Whats the point in having priority ladder to work up, if people with zero priority get tickets.

The club say there is over 4000 people now in in P1 and p2

With the internet sales starting over night at midnight you never really ever stood a hope of buying one at 9am

I think the short term solution is better communication on this from the club

Formally letting people know how many remain and what time they can can them and what medium

With the internet sales starting over night at midnight you never really ever stood a hope of buying one at 9am

Formally letting people know how many remain and what time they can can them and what medium

Agreed!

Nowhere did it say (or that i saw anyhow) that i could purchase online from midnight. The office said today that the last few hundred were put up for sale by this medium at that time. There should have been over a thousand left at this time anyway, thats even if all 1900 P1s had taken their allocation.

My head hurts to think about it now, so stopping!

There are some hospitality places around for this one £600 Inc vat

I guess people will pay it

Agreed!

Nowhere did it say (or that i saw anyhow) that i could purchase online from midnight. The office said today that the last few hundred were put up for sale by this medium at that time. There should have been over a thousand left at this time anyway, thats even if all 1900 P1s had taken their allocation.

My head hurts to think about it now, so stopping!

Feel for you mate

Not a good story

That opens another can of worms, the investment in the club, you would think they would man more phone lines, and have an online system that can take the amount of traffic the club expects, tickets sales full stop are poor.

Nearly smashed my laptop on numerous occasions using lcfc direct.

I do have 10 season tickets in the kop! We are all family. But priority isnt based on wether you are a season ticket holder or not, it's if you travel to away games to acrue points. Which we do. We travel to as many aways as we can do to, my son is P1, the majority of the rest are P2 and we have all missed out on this. So cross today!

I know how away tickets are allocated, that's why I'm frustrated because as I said, my family have travelled to away games together for years, but the club have decided to disregard this history and decided that rather than counting us as 10 different people, we now count as 1 boxholder, and are only eligible for 2 away tickets between us

That opens another can of worms, the investment in the club, you would think they would man more phone lines, and have an online system that can take the amount of traffic the club expects, tickets sales full stop are poor.

Nearly smashed my laptop on numerous occasions using lcfc direct.

Yes I think this is the issue

Poor communication and an IT system designed in China circa 1989

There are some hospitality places around for this one £600 Inc vat

I guess people will pay it

Feel for you mate

Not a good story

I got mine at Midnight and was lucky - was going to leave it until the morning.

Was prepared to buy a package inc Match Ticket and hotel for £159 if not

I know how away tickets are allocated, that's why I'm frustrated because as I said, my family have travelled to away games together for years, but the club have decided to disregard this history and decided that rather than counting us as 10 different people, we now count as 1 boxholder, and are only eligible for 2 away tickets between us

Why do you only get 2 tickets for your box? I know 2 other box holders and they get more than just 2.

I got my sister (P2) one last night fairly easily at midnight, but they did go pretty quickly.

The boundaries are totally wrong. 125 and 115 are far too low. I reckon you're better going down 140, 130, 120 etc...

I got my sister (P2) one last night fairly easily at midnight, but they did go pretty quickly.

The boundaries are totally wrong. 125 and 115 are far too low. I reckon you're better going down 140, 130, 120 etc...

Agree with this. Do you know if the club are looking to change the boundaries next season?

I've just gone back to have a look and at the start of the season.

P1 125+

P2 118+

P3 113+

I'm sure halfway through last season they upped the points bracket.

I just saw that Thomas cook package could be interested in that, but they are being jokers minimum 2 people!

I'm tempted by this, if I can't get a ticket by Friday I'm going to get tickets with that Thomas Cook package

Archived