Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Right, pub for Sunday?

Guest LCFC_World

Anyone planning on going counting house or local hero. Really having a dilemma, do I go out and watch it or stick to the tried and tested and watch it at home.

This. Counting house has two huge screens so would be decent, hopefully it's a good atmosphere there...

Hmm tempted to travel across to Leicester for this. Feel like I'd be missing out on something special. The PL really are cvnts for denying the stadium big screens. Like it would lower sky's profits in any way.

Had arranged to swap shifts with a colleague but I'm being made to work anyway... Depending on how busy we are I'll either be watching from a 5.5" 1080p smartphone in the kitchen or making my way out front of the pub to watch the second half from aforementioned phone with a beer in hand.  Anyone on the Trumpington side of Cambridge who wants to lend moral support feel free to drop into the Lord Byron for matchtime.  (Though you're definitely better off finding an establishment which actually shows the match).

Anyone planning on going counting house or local hero. Really having a dilemma, do I go out and watch it or stick to the tried and tested and watch it at home.

Went by the Local Hero on my way to Morrisons this morning.Big sign saying the game is on there at 1 and TV and Radio will be present.......so i'll watch it at home. :blink:

Evening all. Hopping on a train with a couple friends in Birmingham tomorrow to come soak up the atmosphere and watch the game.

Any advice on where you think would be a good place to enjoy the occasion is most welcome.

Cheers

Hmm tempted to travel across to Leicester for this. Feel like I'd be missing out on something special. The PL really are cvnts for denying the stadium big screens. Like it would lower sky's profits in any way.

It wouldn't affect Sky in any way - it would however greatly affect the income of local businesses (in this case, pubs) who have paid good money for the license to show Sky Sports under the impression that people would go and spend their money on matchdays.

The right thing has been done.

The thing that gets me isn't the league saying that they have an exclusivity deal with Sky, if that's what they've signed, it's what they've signed. It's that Sky are shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing the club to do it - they could charge the club some money for it and film it, get some iconic footage and some cash.

The thing that gets me isn't the league saying that they have an exclusivity deal with Sky, if that's what they've signed, it's what they've signed. It's that Sky are shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing the club to do it - they could charge the club some money for it and film it, get some iconic footage and some cash.

I thought it was the council that put a stop to it because it would adversely affect local trade (pubs) as it would draw custom away from them

For those in Manchester without tickets me and my brother are gonna watch the match in The Green next to Piccadilly station, they have 3 big screens and away fan friendly, let's get it full of foxes and cheer the boys home !! :)

I've been invited round someone's house who's has only just jumped on the bandwagon, I need my excuses as I couldn't bear to have to field questions and listen to and have them try to engage me in banal conversation about the City when I'm focusing all my attention on the match. It's pub or home for me, home or pub, what to do?

Guest CityFan 06

Heading to the Counting House today. Anyone who's been before, what's it like?

Archived