Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

Last years was brilliant far better than FIFA 16 this years looks even better, I will be getting on release now... was FIFA because PES went atrocious up until last year, but FIFA it is robotic and rubbish..  pro Evo is getting back to its best like 10 years ago. Which is great for proper footie fans 

Got both last year and it really depends what you want in your game. PES is much better to play and gives you that buzz when you score. Gameplay is good too and you have to get it tactically right to break teams down, who change their approach as the game goes on depending on how the match is going.

But Fifa is better for everything else. All the teams, stadiums, licences, better modes etc. Depends on the individual and what's more important to them. Hopefully the Frostbite engine improves Fifa this year.

Goalkeepers killed PES 2016, so if they are improved then we should be looking at a damn good game. I still think FIFA shades it, but no doubt it's getting closer year by year

1 hour ago, CKB said:

Goalkeepers killed PES 2016, so if they are improved then we should be looking at a damn good game. I still think FIFA shades it, but no doubt it's getting closer year by year

They aren't any good from the demo from what I saw, my keeper went to catch a backpassed header that was chest height, missed it and it rolled in. If you saw it you'd be laughing your head off. The worst thing is it nearly happened again in the next game I played!

As someone as already stated, it really does feel like you've done well when you score on PES though, the goals seem harder to come by, even if that isn't necessarily the case.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They aren't any good from the demo from what I saw, my keeper went to catch a backpassed header that was chest height, missed it and it rolled in. If you saw it you'd be laughing your head off. The worst thing is it nearly happened again in the next game I played!

As someone as already stated, it really does feel like you've done well when you score on PES though, the goals seem harder to come by, even if that isn't necessarily the case.

Great so 2017 could be killed again by Konami and their ineptitude to sort out goalkeepers! It's a great feeling when you score but if goalies are acting like clowns again then it takes away the shine

Let's hope that may just be a demo issue, as the potential is there and EA serious need competition again

Played a few matches and can't say I've had problems with the goalkeeper. It's much improved imo. Through balls are harder to pull off (L1+triangle was always the way to go) much more satisfying when you score and the variety of goals I've scored is far superior than FIFA. You can buy a file for like 99p when it's released to update all the team names etc. Will pick this up. Fifa has really not progressed imo get bored very quickly

FUT is great. Something very satisfying in opening packs of cards in the hope of getting a top player. 

My cousin had Pes last year and said the masters league is much improved. I haven't had a footy game since FIFA 15 so will be interested to see if master league is decent

On 9/5/2016 at 09:57, kingcarr21 said:

Played a few matches and can't say I've had problems with the goalkeeper. It's much improved imo. Through balls are harder to pull off (L1+triangle was always the way to go) much more satisfying when you score and the variety of goals I've scored is far superior than FIFA. You can buy a file for like 99p when it's released to update all the team names etc. Will pick this up. Fifa has really not progressed imo get bored very quickly

Why would you buy a file when you can use a free mod from places like pespatch.com that release all upto date teams and kits within weeks

PES was decent, first time I got this over fifa in a few years. Once people started modding it and tweaking the game play it became  purely amazing game. I'm tempted by FIFa this year tho

10 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

PES was decent, first time I got this over fifa in a few years. Once people started modding it and tweaking the game play it became  purely amazing game. I'm tempted by FIFa this year tho

Out of interest, how did you get those modifications onto your game? I mean yeah I've banged the gameplay over licenses drum a few times but a few licenses would still come in handy...

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Dont ask me its my cousin that brought it. It was 99p so hardly breaking the bank

True, I guess someone has to sit there and do it. There are free resources though that you can get it off. If you want the 99p for a ice cream

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Out of interest, how did you get those modifications onto your game? I mean yeah I've banged the gameplay over licenses drum a few times but a few licenses would still come in handy...

Save a file to USB and there is an option within the "Edit" section to "upload data". Takes an hour or two (unless I'm missing something) but makes the world of difference.

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Save a file to USB and there is an option within the "Edit" section to "upload data". Takes an hour or two (unless I'm missing something) but makes the world of difference.

Are you playing it on PC? If not then how are you getting these things onto your console? I'm still on the 360, seen people playing with badges etc... and always wondered how you actually did it.

Archived