Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

It never makes sense to me to claim to know what goes on with the locker room. Or claim a player has bad relations with someone without any evidence. 

With all the pundits accusing our players of being snakes over Ranieri sacking, I've been especially sensitive to such claims. I never expected to see it from actual Leicester fans. Just like the stories that came out that Kasper and Vardy were part of a mutiny, I'm going to read everything with a grain of salt unless I see or hear it for myself. 

18 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Thracian has been absolutely spot on in this thread.

And as for the debate about altercations with teammates about work rate, there's been plenty of those this season - Drinkwater vs West Brom, Several players vs Sunderland away, the list goes on. 

This is inside info but I know for a fact he didn't endear himself to the rest of the squad, and particularly Vardy. Footballers don't always get on, but Slimani came here with a big time attitude and didn't buy into the squad ethos, which is a problem with our squad.

Someone might have noticed as well, Shakespeare in his last interview said 'You need that from your big players', when talking about Slimani coming on and scoring which probably wasn't anything, but it could have been a sly dig.

Lmaooo you're the type of person to make a video on the illumanti on YouTube because you saw a triangular shape. Get a grip, you are just making false claims with no evidence except this supposed "inside info" that the players deemed you and only you trustworthy enough to know about it. 

19 hours ago, Redouane said:

Lmaooo you're the type of person to make a video on the illumanti on YouTube because you saw a triangular shape. Get a grip, you are just making false claims with no evidence except this supposed "inside info" that the players deemed you and only you trustworthy enough to know about it. 

Ok - have a look at the previous stuff I've posted and see if I've been wrong then.

Apart from Kante, has any player signed for us in the last few years been the finished article? All have either improved drastically (Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater etc.) or been moved on (Ben Marshall). 

Our ur strength has always been taking a player who has strong abilities in some parts and work needed in others. Give Alimani his chance to improve. His ability in the air within the box is second to none. Yes, he needs to be stronger in aerial battles outside the box a lot of work on his floor play but that's where Shakey and his staff really do earn their money. There is enough there to remain hopeful and excited that Islam Slimani can become huge success for us.

It's funny seeing people giving him 5's in the match rating, he was quit second half but the first he was immense, I saw okazaki get 6's and 7's easily after putting the same shift in, and that's without even a goal, people need to let go of his price tag because that is effecting their judgment.

I've got a lot of love for Big Slim.

He's adjusting to a new country, a new league and a new footballing role in the sense that we play with one out and out goalscorer (Vardy) and therefore Slim has to learn how to do the Okazaki things.

Those saying they prefer Ulloa are forgetting just how limited Leo is. Slimani is quite clearly more prolific and I'm betting that if used properly he will score a lot of goals for us next season.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:18, Mickyblueeyes said:

Apart from Kante, has any player signed for us in the last few years been the finished article? All have either improved drastically (Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater etc.) or been moved on (Ben Marshall). 

Our ur strength has always been taking a player who has strong abilities in some parts and work needed in others. Give Alimani his chance to improve. His ability in the air within the box is second to none. Yes, he needs to be stronger in aerial battles outside the box a lot of work on his floor play but that's where Shakey and his staff really do earn their money. There is enough there to remain hopeful and excited that Islam Slimani can become huge success for us.

Kante wasn't the finished article when he signed for Leicester. Our style of play enabled him to improve massively also.

The current one, of course, is Ndidi. Again, far from the finished article, but you could see right from the start, he's our best signing since Kante. You don't even have to look hard with Slim to know what you've got. A good goal-scorer..a pretty average all-round player.

He was actually pretty good first half. Well taken goal, and got back to nick the ball a good few times.

Suffered from the same problem that Vardy did, when we were shite under Ranieri - lack of service, That's down to the midfield (or lack of).

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Kante wasn't the finished article when he signed for Leicester. Our style of play enabled him to improve massively also.

The current one, of course, is Ndidi. Again, far from the finished article, but you could see right from the start, he's our best signing since Kante. You don't even have to look hard with Slim to know what you've got. A good goal-scorer..a pretty average all-round player.

You were the guy that said Ulloa was a better all-round player than Slimani am I right? Someone that says that either don't know what football is, or is just a hater. Slimani is way better than Ulloa, he scores more goals, is quicker and links up better, the only thing Ulloa is better it is winning aeriel duels in the midfield because in the box it is toe to toe.

2 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

You were the guy that said Ulloa was a better all-round player than Slimani am I right? Someone that says that either don't know what football is, or is just a hater. Slimani is way better than Ulloa, he scores more goals, is quicker and links up better, the only thing Ulloa is better it is winning aeriel duels in the midfield because in the box it is toe to toe.

I ain't continuing this cos as I wrote earlier, it's futile. You've made your mind up and bizarrely won't consider anything other than Slimani is fantastic. I shan't waste my time...again...

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I ain't continuing this cos as I wrote earlier, it's futile. You've made your mind up and bizarrely won't consider anything other than Slimani is fantastic. I shan't waste my time...again...

You don't know what football is? lol

To be fair, how can you judge who is the better overall. The best that i can do is this.

Finishing: slimani

Aerial threat: slimani

Aerial duels : ulloa

Link-up : both good

Passing: they are both average but slimani edges him a little in the final third (4 assists)

Work rate : slimani

Defensive contributions : ulloa helps on the corners and slimani is better in open play, so both

Ball control : both are not anything special, but I think ulloa's is a little more consistent

Pace : slimani

Mobility : slimani

Dribbling : neither

Shooting : neither

So, how am I supposed to think that ulloa is the better overall striker

1 hour ago, the fox said:

To be fair, how can you judge who is the better overall. The best that i can do is this.

Finishing: slimani

Aerial threat: slimani

Aerial duels : ulloa

Link-up : both good

Passing: they are both average but slimani edges him a little in the final third (4 assists)

Work rate : slimani

Defensive contributions : ulloa helps on the corners and slimani is better in open play, so both

Ball control : both are not anything special, but I think ulloa's is a little more consistent

Pace : slimani

Mobility : slimani

Dribbling : neither

Shooting : neither

So, how am I supposed to think that ulloa is the better overall striker

Again, I know I'm going to come across as a stuck record, but you can tell you started watching Leicester last year, when Leo barely played.

To suggest Leo is no better finishing with his feet is severely unfair. The man can finish with head or foot but I'd trust him with his feet over Slim by miles. I still look back at that winner away at Stoke and wonder how the **** he got that in.

I'd also say that Slimani isn't a great deal better with his head, Leo is fantastic in the air.

His work rate is also as good, if not better than Slimani, he works as hard as anyone except maybe Shinji.

Unfortunately for Leo, he's got the pace of an OAP with broken legs which is why his effort in chasing and closing down is often missed or wasted but it's definitely there, nobody can ever call the guy lazy (and I'd never call Slimani lazy either.)

Where Slimani is better is his pace, his agility and probably his movement off the ball in getting himself in good positions in the box. All of which are great attributes and why I'd definitely pick Slimani over Ulloa, for sure.

But oher than that it's much of a muchness and you definitely underestimate Ulloa, who has scored some absolutely massive goals for us, more than Slim so far.

Seriously, there's a reason Leo is so popular here. If he had an inch of pace he'd be lethal. Sadly he's a donkey!

Guest CityFan 06

I thought he was good yesterday, looked up for it, chased back to defend and took his goal neatly. I felt we didn't attack enough so he didn't get a great deal of chances nor did Vardy.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

1-Again, I know I'm going to come across as a stuck record, but you can tell you started watching Leicester last year, when Leo barely played.

2-To suggest Leo is no better finishing with his feet is severely unfair. The man can finish with head or foot but I'd trust him with his feet over Slim by miles. 

3-I'd also say that Slimani isn't a great deal better with his head, Leo is fantastic in the air.

4-His work rate is also as good, if not better than Slimani, he works as hard as anyone except maybe Shinji.

Unfortunately for Leo, he's got the pace of an OAP with broken legs which is why his effort in chasing and closing down is often missed or wasted but it's definitely there, nobody can ever call the guy lazy (and I'd never call Slimani lazy either.)

Where Slimani is better is his pace, his agility and probably his movement off the ball in getting himself in good positions in the box. All of which are great attributes and why I'd definitely pick Slimani over Ulloa, for sure.

But oher than that it's much of a muchness and you definitely underestimate Ulloa, 5-who has scored some absolutely massive goals for us, more than Slim so far.

Seriously, there's a reason Leo is so popular here. If he had an inch of pace he'd be lethal. Sadly he's a donkey!

1-don't mind really, I can give you the championship season, but the PL seasons I watched (and I really started to fallow every game possible last season). I never hid the fact i was one of the newer fans

2-that is just subjective IMO, slimani is not the worst with his feet and ulloa isn't the best, but ulloa edges him slightly, but overall, slim is the better finisher/goal scorer

3-I watched slimani for about 3-4 years now, and watched a fair share of ulloa's game to say this, ulloa has a good header on him, slimani has an amazing one, believe me, you are yet to see what he is capable of doing, the west ham one was just a little taste. Slim's positioning-pace combo is lethal

4-you lost me there, Finn. Leo is by no means a lazy player, but he is just too slow to have the same intensity as okazaki, Marc, vardy and slimani, slim edges that, easily.

5- not discrediting leo, he was a good servant for the club in the championship and PL, but I just think slim is the better player, that's all.

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yes, but pace + work-rate > just work-rate. Not saying leo is lazy, but his lack of pace takes away one of the best aspects of our style, and that's intensity.

Sure, so Slimani is quicker, that doesn't mean he's necessarily harder working.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Sure, so Slimani is quicker, that doesn't mean he's necessarily harder working.

Ask any sporting or Algerian fan, he leaves it all on the pitch, but until he shows that consistently here, you have the right to question his intensity.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Ask any sporting or Algerian fan, he leaves it all on the pitch, but until he shows that consistently here, you have the right to question his intensity.

No, I don't question his work rate.

I question you questioning Leo's.

Just now, Finnegan said:

No, I don't question his work rate.

I question you questioning Leo's.

:wes:

Didn't do any such thing, I only said believe slimani is better, that's all, ulloa is a good striker but I don't see him as the next step moving forward, 

For people comparing Ullua and Slimani, give me a break. I love Ullua's workrate, and he was definitely a big piece in our Prem League victory last season, but Slimani outclasses him as a striker. Both this season and historically speaking. That's like comparing Vardy during his slump to Okazaki on a good day.

Archived