Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

16 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The previous post from foxes21, I think was saying that with Slimani in the team we concede more goals, it wasn't an attack on Slimani, but it didn't make sense and I was just correcting him nothing more.

It makes total sense. It's just because of the way we set up, and not really a comment on Slimani in a negative way. It's nobody's fault, it's just how Leicester works best. 

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Its funny that you used "per game" instead of "per 90 minutes", because slim came off the bench a few times, for a person who hates stats, you sure like to cherry pick, here, have a taste.

IMG_20170411_150120.thumb.jpg.80d7f47b650094a6aabcc119fdce1e62.jpgIMG_20170411_151417.thumb.jpg.3b2faeb8859f076f01a0527fcd3f3c2a.jpg

that's too easy, at least make it a little challenginglol

I see you're cherry-picking again. :appl:

Because how nice of you to omit the fact that Vardy himself was either substituted or came on as a substitute a few times this season and also missed three games due to suspension. lol 

And I was even kind enough to use Vardy's current season, a rather mixed one (due to the poor first half of the campaign).

Let's see where we are when Slimani has about the same amount of minutes or games under his belt, shall we?

And all of that because I challenged you on the "find me a better striker for £20m" claim!

22 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The previous post from foxes21, I think was saying that with Slimani in the team we concede more goals, it wasn't an attack on Slimani, but it didn't make sense and I was just correcting him nothing more.

Except for the fact that he didn't say that.

lol This thread is exhausting!

Maybe we should all just wait and see what happens now and how he performs, and the team with him in it. 

He is a decent striker, his goals before and now are proving that. No one can argue that. 

Doubts still remain if he can fit into our preferred and historically most successful system. 

Hopefully, we get to see him and Vardy paired 4 or 5 more times before the end of the season and we will all have a better idea then. 

Declaring it a success and future partnership is too early and writing it off is also premature. 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

lol This thread is exhausting!

Maybe we should all just wait and see what happens now and how he performs, and the team with him in it. 

He is a decent striker, his goals before and now are proving that. No one can argue that. 

Doubts still remain if he can fit into our preferred and historically most successful system. 

Hopefully, we get to see him and Vardy paired 4 or 5 more times before the end of the season and we will all have a better idea then. 

Declaring it a success and future partnership is too early and writing it off is also premature. 

Liking the diplomatic defence you offer, you know its only so folk can say "I said he was rubbish months ago"

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

1-I see you're cherry-picking again. :appl:

2-Because how nice of you to omit the fact that Vardy himself was either substituted or came on as a substitute a few times this season and also missed three games due to suspension. lol 

3-And I was even kind enough to use Vardy's current season, a rather mixed one (due to the poor first half of the campaign).

let's see where we are when Slimani has about the same amount of minutes or games under his belt, shall we?

1-15 cherry picked stats, that's a lot of cherrieslol

2- vardy started 26 and came off the bench 2 times in the league, compared to slimani who starter 12 and came off the bench 7 times, that's about 36℅ of the games that he played were as a sub compared to about 7℅ for vardy as a sub

3- how kind of you to not use probably the best season for a striker last year in the whole league.

10 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Liking the diplomatic defence you offer, you know its only so folk can say "I said he was rubbish months ago"

Judging by the stubbornness on here, even if he scores in every game they will still declare him rubbish and overpriced.

... although, if he doesn't score another goal, I fully expect some to still be defending him too lol

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-15 cherry picked stats, that's a lot of cherrieslol

2- vardy started 26 and came off the bench 2 times in the league, compared to slimani who starter 12 and came off the bench 7 times, that's about 36℅ of the games that he played were as a sub compared to about 7℅ for vardy as a sub

3- how kind of you to not use probably the best season for a striker last year in the whole league.

Anyone can cherry-pick stats so they suit their argument. Stats don't show how well a player adapts to a new league, a new team, new tactics, how he links up with teammates, etc.

Also, one could argue Vardy's stats (or any regular LCFC starter for that matter) would look way better if it hadn't been for that atrocious period between August 2016 and January 2017.

I just found your defense of Slimani hilarious once more, but seeing that you're compatriots, that's pretty much a given. No offence.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Anyone can cherry-pick stats so they suit their argument. Stats don't show how well a player adapts to a new league, a new team, new tactics, how he links up with teammates, etc.

Also, one could argue Vardy's stats (or any regular LCFC starter for that matter) would look way better if it hadn't been for that atrocious period between August 2016 and January 2017.

I just found your defense of Slimani hilarious once more, but seeing that you're compatriots, that's pretty much a given. No offence.

Slimani was a regular starter in that awful period of Leicester too, what are you on about? You just can't argue anymore because you know you lost, and then start to dig a bigger hole, if I were you I would just let this one pass. The fox won this argument.

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Its easy to say he'd score 22 goals in 38 appearances but how many more goals would we concede, because of his lack of ability to defend from the front? Yes he is a liability defending from the front, because one minute he's pressing hard and tracking back, next minute he's not busting a gut to get back into position to block off the opponents passing lanes.

MC you wanted his post, here you have it.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

He didn't say we concede more with Slimani in the team, he was asking a hypothetical question.

To me he was saying that with Slimani on the team we concede more. And then followed saying he is a liability defending, that to me is saying that we concede more goals because of him being in the team.

Just now, Eagle10 said:

To me he was saying that with Slimani on the team we concede more. And then followed saying he is a liability defending, that to me is saying that we concede more goals because of him being in the team.

Lost in translation...

Can we stop this practice of using per-match/per-90mins stats to compare players? 

Playing a match from the beginning is in no way comparable to joining a match after 60 mins when you're fresh and every one else is tiring. 

Equally, if you know you're coming off after an hour then you're going to work yourself a lot more in that time. 

And those differences are before you even take into account the balance of the match, what the current scoreline in the context of league position is (and hence, tactics). 

We know that the statistics the club use are highly specific to certain situations (I.e % passes past an opposition line that are successful), and there's good reason for that. These general statistics quite often don't show the true picture and ignore the situational and player-specific nuances. 

Each player has been bought to do a (different) job. Comparing Vardy to Slimani in some of the ways in this thread is ridiculous. 

57 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Inflation would see the £8m paid for Ulloa in 2014 rise to an extortionate £8.2m today.

So, please no more scaremongering with inflation! :D

Are you using RPI or CPI for that calculation? :whistle: 

I think PL inflation does not relate to the ordinary persons basket of goods, or that mortgage interest rates have a bearing on Slim's fee.

This is an epic thread to be fair, congrats to all participants. Let's go the full Maynard! lol

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

MC, please give me some proof to backup your claims, I can't just discuss what you find a problem in him if i can't figure out what you are trying to prove. The eye test is needed but, Stats like total score, attack score, goal scored, assists, shot accuracy, take one, duels and many others that I pointed out were pretty subjective.

I don't know why you find it hilarious, i 'm not selling pipedreams here, I'm pointing out what he actually did in this club while facing so many unfortunate events, I don't really know if it's because he is Algerian, but i find it hard to not defend a player who is destroying every other striker in this club (stat wise) per 90 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Can we stop this practice of using per-match/per-90mins stats to compare players? 

I have a problem with the per-match thing, but per 90 minutes is as fair as you can get, it might get skewed a bit, but its definitely the best that you can do (just like per-36 in the NBA)

Leo has a HUGE amount of credit in the bank from me for his massive goals in our great escape season and also last season. I think we have seen the best of him in a lot of games and that gives him a ton of kudos and respect to all the LCFC fans I know.  

Detaching transfer fees (was Leo's fee relatively higher compared to Slim's in terms of what we could afford at the time, and for who we were buying?).  I think that Slim is overall a better player.  I love his mobility and hunger, his attitude (which I think is striving for excellence and you can see he WANTS goal scoring chances, and is visibly pissed if he doesn't get them) may come across wrong, leading to the always cheery and team focused Leo winning more hearts than minds. 

I think Leo brings way more defensively.  The goals from corners against Everton would have been less likely with him on the pitch.

Can't we just be happy we have them both for now and agree to disagree?  Better than the days when we argued over the relative strengths of Elvis Hammond vs DJ Campbell! 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

MC, please give me some proof to backup your claims, I can't just discuss what you find a problem in him if i can't figure out what you are trying to prove. The eye test is needed but, Stats like total score, attack score, goal scored, assists, shot accuracy, take one, duels and many others that I pointed out were pretty subjective.

I don't know why you find it hilarious, i 'm not selling pipedreams here, I'm pointing out what he actually did in this club while facing so many unfortunate events, I don't really know if it's because he is Algerian, but i find it hard to not defend a player who is destroying every other striker in this club (stat wise) per 90 minutes.

Based on skewed stats.

Whatever makes you happy.

22 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Propper  bitch fest on here eh?

Basically mainly to slate or defend a city  player.

Why not just get behind the lads....especially at an  important time in lcfc history.

Well, if only some *cough* fans would get behind the team as much as they do with certain players...

Archived