Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

34 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I actually quite like Slimani and have done since he arrived. The thing is he has a slightly leggy and inelegant running style. People assume that he's rubbish just because there is nothing aesthetic about the way he plays. He is, however, quite often a pretty effective player. 

To me his biggest crime seems to be that he's not worth anything like £25-30m. That's just a bit of a nonsense. But if you are prepared to put that to one side and just rate him on his performances then I think he's given us other options and improved the squad. He's better than Ulloa, for example, and will always score more than Shinji - although he shouldn't really be compared to the latter as their roles are very different. 

Many players don't worth the price tag on the first year. Look at Martinez in Atletico, he was woeful and in Portuguese League he was a beast, look at Pogba he has shown nowhere near a 110M player, but they can be worth that in long-term. Many things can make a season go bad, Slimani had injuries, he had CAN and the team was playing poorly. Of course he wasn't able to show he is worth that price, and at the moment he isn't worth it, but in long-term I think he will.

On 06/04/2017 at 21:54, STUHILL said:

I'm sad enough and have enough time on my hands to watch it from when he is subbed on. I am curious to see if I can pick up on laziness/attitude etc as a few have said it

Give it a rest mate, these people don't need your actual evidence, getting in the way of their blind, blinkered dislike of one of their own highly talented players.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He's good at what he does but why the fvck we got rid of kramaric I'll never know. Scored 7 in 7 games and just saw him score a cracking goal against Bayern.

Too lightweight and slow and took a long time to adapt to the English game when we started to need immediate impact to stave off relegation

1 hour ago, Eagle10 said:

Mate it is a lost cause, people painted Slimani what he isn't and now everything he does is bad. You are just wasting your time, and I don't want to say it because it is a bit rude but some people in this forum, and there are quite a few, don't understand jack about football.,

Look, we all appreciate you partaking in the discussion, but you do realize that pretty much all of your input is about Slimani and that your Sporting bias is clearly shining through. It's evident that you adore Slimani after what he's done for your club, but generalizing and demonizing our fanbase won't warm you up to the majority of posters on here.

There have been a lot of FT posters explaining what they think of the player, a portion doesn't like him. That's ok. It's their opinion. And some are making a pretty good case against Slimani. Not in the sense of "everything he does is bad".

As already mentioned, sometimes it works out for a player, sometimes it doesn't. The Slimani for Sporting may just not be the right choice for Leicester. Maybe he's already wasted most of his talent in the Liga NOS. Maybe he can show a bit more of his talent as the season comes to a closure, be it in the Premier League or in the Champions League. Who knows?

You're passionate about Slimani, we get that. Yet your passion gets in your way of logic and accepting other people's opinion. You call some of LCFC fans "rude" - well, how is calling them not understanding "jack about football" any better?

On 06/04/2017 at 22:33, Eagle10 said:

Mate it is a lost cause, people painted Slimani what he isn't and now everything he does is bad. You are just wasting your time, and I don't want to say it because it is a bit rude but some people in this forum, and there are quite a few, don't understand jack about football.,

Welcome to foxestalk.

28 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Welcome to foxestalk.

Actually this OTT always loved him look how great he is immediately after he scored one goal is much more in keeping with the more irritating aspects of this forum.

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Actually this OTT always loved him look how great he is immediately after he scored one goal is much more in keeping with the more irritating aspects of this forum.

That will be balanced out by Sunday evening if he starts and doesn't score :whistle: #lazydonkey

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I guess who gets the job in the summer will have a say.

But i feel with playing 2 inverted wingers or whatever they like to call it negates part of slims game. Attacking crosses is still better than glancing drifted crosses. He did well on tuesday with Albrightons ball. But i'd imagine he'd love a player to go to the byline and drive over 5 or 6 crosses a game.

Will be interesting to see how we evolve over the summer. If nothing else.

I said it much earlier in the season, but I'd love for us to have tried some sort of 3-at-the-back formation with Albrighton and Fuchs/Chilwell as wingbacks. Either a front three of Vardy/Gray-Slimani-Mahrez or front two Vardy and Slimani with Mahrez in a free role. Claudio tried 3 at the back and it didn't work but that's because he played Fuchs as a CB or Hernandez as a wingback, seemingly clueless that Hernandez's preferred position was CB and Fuchs had experience as a wingback.

During the great escape, Albrighton would constantly get to the byline and cross, though many went out for corners. Defenders weren't sure when to pick him up, especially with Nugent/Mahrez in the free role. When Wes gets fit, I'd love to see a back 3 of Huth-Wes-MorganBenny.

I don't think it would be sensible to sell him now. We wouldn't get what he is worth. There is more to come from him than he has had a chance to show this season. Shakespeare appears to rate him over Ulloa.

1 minute ago, FireFox said:

I said it much earlier in the season, but I'd love for us to have tried some sort of 3-at-the-back formation with Albrighton and Fuchs/Chilwell as wingbacks. Either a front three of Vardy/Gray-Slimani-Mahrez or front two Vardy and Slimani with Mahrez in a free role. Claudio tried 3 at the back and it didn't work but that's because he played Fuchs as a CB or Hernandez as a wingback, seemingly clueless that Hernandez's preferred position was CB and Fuchs had experience as a wingback.

During the great escape, Albrighton would constantly get to the byline and cross, though many went out for corners. Defenders weren't sure when to pick him up, especially with Nugent/Mahrez in the free role. When Wes gets fit, I'd love to see a back 3 of Huth-Wes-Morgan.

Jumping on this before you get a chance to edit :P

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Look, we all appreciate you partaking in the discussion, but you do realize that pretty much all of your input is about Slimani and that your Sporting bias is clearly shining through. It's evident that you adore Slimani after what he's done for your club, but generalizing and demonizing our fanbase won't warm you up to the majority of posters on here.

There have been a lot of FT posters explaining what they think of the player, a portion doesn't like him. That's ok. It's their opinion. And some are making a pretty good case against Slimani. Not in the sense of "everything he does is bad".

As already mentioned, sometimes it works out for a player, sometimes it doesn't. The Slimani for Sporting may just not be the right choice for Leicester. Maybe he's already wasted most of his talent in the Liga NOS. Maybe he can show a bit more of his talent as the season comes to a closure, be it in the Premier League or in the Champions League. Who knows?

You're passionate about Slimani, we get that. Yet your passion gets in your way of logic and accepting other people's opinion. You call some of LCFC fans "rude" - well, how is calling them not understanding "jack about football" any better?

I accept people's opinion, and I myself said that the Slimani from this season is nowhere near what he was bought for and nowhere near the player he was in Sporting. I wasn't talking to the guys that criticize him with logic and with well written texts. I'm talking about those guys that say he is donkey without explaining why. I didn't generalize, I just said that there are some posters that don't understand jack about football which is true. Again I will need to repeat myself, but I'm not passionate about Slimani, just a player I enjoyed watching in my club, like Liedson and Patricio and Adrien Silva and many others, I just don't like what some posters write because it is wrong. If it was about any other squad member and someone was posting wrong about him I would intervene aswell.

On 07/04/2017 at 00:43, Manwell Pablo said:

I can go back through this thread and dig up times I've said similar when he hadn't scored and people were saying he was shite if you prefer?

We look so much better going forward with Slim in the team but Okazaki does a such as a good job as the supporting striker and being that extra man in midfield. 

Slims link up with Mahrez and Albrighton is really good also and his calmness in attacking positions is unparalleled by any of our other strikers. 

8 hours ago, FireFox said:

During the great escape, Albrighton would constantly get to the byline and cross, though many went out for corners. Defenders weren't sure when to pick him up, especially with Nugent/Mahrez in the free role. When Wes gets fit, I'd love to see a back 3 of Huth-Wes-MorganBenny.

Edit wasn't much better :P

Thracian has been absolutely spot on in this thread.

And as for the debate about altercations with teammates about work rate, there's been plenty of those this season - Drinkwater vs West Brom, Several players vs Sunderland away, the list goes on. 

This is inside info but I know for a fact he didn't endear himself to the rest of the squad, and particularly Vardy. Footballers don't always get on, but Slimani came here with a big time attitude and didn't buy into the squad ethos, which is a problem with our squad.

Someone might have noticed as well, Shakespeare in his last interview said 'You need that from your big players', when talking about Slimani coming on and scoring which probably wasn't anything, but it could have been a sly dig.

He strikes me as a very temperamental sort of player, not one who always has work rate and lack of effort problems but a player that if unhappy in any way is a problem. If he's the main man like he became at Sporting and buys in to everything then he looks the real deal. He's peripheral with us and he's trying to break in to a team that is built on unity and togetherness. I think he's got a future here and more important goals and effort will only enhance this. I'd start him on Sunday with Kapustka or Gray in behind him.

13 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I can go back through this thread and dig up times I've said similar when he hadn't scored and people were saying he was shite if you prefer?

Go on then.

Not that it is specifically just about you or indeed whether you have altered your opinion. It's how thick you are laying it on because of the goal.

On 07/04/2017 at 16:29, Manwell Pablo said:

Go on then.

Not that it is specifically just about you or indeed whether you have altered your opinion. It's how thick you are laying it on because of the goal.

Seeing as it's my last 15 minutes at work here goes.

This was me back in Feb when he was getting stick for missing an open goal against Derby:

On 11/02/2017 at 23:16, The whole world smiles said:

Slimani is an out and out goal monster he feasts on the souls of 6 yard boxes.

Can't wait to see how some of the people slagging him react when his 10 goals in the remainder of the season keep us up.

This is me after his goal at Sunderland:

On 06/04/2017 at 23:28, The whole world smiles said:

I absolutely love slim. I have said it before on this thread when there were less people sticking up for him and more people slagging him and i will say it again he is a monster he has the potential to be absolutely prolific for us if we play to his strengths.

People slagging him off based on his price tag irritate me as with the sudden influx of money for premier league clubs the 30 million we paid for him is not really 30 million as we know it bare in mind Watford turned down 40 million for ingalho.

If anything i was laying it on more thick after his open goal miss. Maybe it's just my style of posting?

Anyway i don't want to get in arguement/debate with you partly because I'm not sure what we are arguing and partly because its Friday afternoon and the beer garden is calling me.

All i will say is i really rate the bloke always have and i wont apologise for wanting one of our players to do well and being happy when they do.

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Seeing as it's my last 15 minutes at work here goes.

This was me back in Feb when he was getting stick for missing an open goal against Derby:

This is me after his goal at Sunderland:

If anything i was laying it on more thick after his open goal miss. Maybe it's just my style of posting?

Anyway i don't want to get in arguement/debate with you partly because I'm not sure what we are arguing and partly because its Friday afternoon and the beer garden is calling me.

All i will say is i really rate the bloke always have and i wont apologise for wanting one of our players to do well and being happy when they do.

Your not attacking other posters in either post so I'd not normally take issue it's some of the posts after in which gode people, I'm not saying you can't enjoy it but making out you were right along when the jury is still very much out is what is one of the most annoying aspects of some people on this forum rather than having albeit very extreme polar opinion to your own as you claimed. Differing opinions sort of what make this place run where as pointless point scoring should be saved from you actually have some points in the bank, like when he scores those 10 goals your on about.

but yeah you are right, time for a beer lol 

5 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Thracian has been absolutely spot on in this thread.

And as for the debate about altercations with teammates about work rate, there's been plenty of those this season - Drinkwater vs West Brom, Several players vs Sunderland away, the list goes on. 

This is inside info but I know for a fact he didn't endear himself to the rest of the squad, and particularly Vardy. Footballers don't always get on, but Slimani came here with a big time attitude and didn't buy into the squad ethos, which is a problem with our squad.

Someone might have noticed as well, Shakespeare in his last interview said 'You need that from your big players', when talking about Slimani coming on and scoring which probably wasn't anything, but it could have been a sly dig.

Ok let me get this straight.

Someone made a now deleted claim about Slimani being a donkey and not running vs. West Ham. Another poster added onto that by claiming Slimani had an altercation in that match.Video from the match proved both of those points to be false (if not outright lies).

Now, you're switching goal posts and suggesting that Slimani had an altercation with Drinkwater and clashed with players vs. Sunderland. LOL.  And the cherry on top is your 'inside info' of him being trouble in the locker room. lol

Once again, 0 evidence. All projections and empty claims. And if it's anything like the others, probably false memories.

Archived