Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Referees

What a disgraceful challenge on a young player by the WH Defender. He should be ashamed of himself. Would he have tried that against Huth or Morgan or Was if he was playing.

I very much doubt it. But he picks on an innocent young lad only starting his career. Gutless. 

The only way it will change is if Fans attack the FA in public and expose them for their lack of Governance. A Fans petition would be a start presented to them at FA headquarters.

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

No, not at all, which is why I said this in the post match thread...

What do you want me do do, wish "colonic cancer" on the man? That would be classy.

Actually, he did have some "big calls to make"- and he failed at that too, which is precisely my point. However, the suggestion that due to bias, he was looking to send a City player off or award a penalty to West Ham is complete nonsense. I'm simply pointing out that as blatant as Antonio's dive was, coupled with Amartey's shite tackle on Noble he had a chance to do both. Should have booked Antonio though.

You want bias? - Spend an hour or two reading Foxes Talk.

Regarding Taylor, although this was a tricky game to referee his performance in the second half was utterly diabolical. Still, at least he didn't lose control like Moss last May when similarly people were hysterically posting "FA conspiracy" back then too. The most frustrating ref I've watched this season, bar CUNeyT Çakır against Porto at home, was Bobby Madley who rendered the Spurs away match practically unwatchable and Pawson should be suspended himself. 

It's clear to me that the game has become so fast that the current system of officiating needs a complete overhaul. 

I didn't read your post in the post match thread.

I never wished colonic or any other type of cancer on him, or

claim he wanted to send our players off or award WH a penalty.

He did however give them several debatable free kicks on the edge

of our box. He also booked half our team even though we only 

committed 1 bad foul.

I'm glad you agree he had diabolical performance in the 2nd half

we have to agree to disagree that he was just as bad in the 1st half.

19 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What a disgraceful challenge on a young player by the WH Defender. He should be ashamed of himself. Would he have tried that against Huth or Morgan or Was if he was playing.

I very much doubt it. But he picks on an innocent young lad only starting his career. Gutless. 

I heard he teabagged a granny on the way out of the ground, awful behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I didn't read your post in the post match thread.

I never wished colonic or any other type of cancer on him, or

claim he wanted to send our players off or award WH a penalty.

He did however give them several debatable free kicks on the edge

of our box. He also booked half our team even though we only 

committed 1 bad foul.

I'm glad you agree he had diabolical performance in the 2nd half

we have to agree to disagree that he was just as bad in the 1st half.

I didn't expect you to have read it, which is why I quoted it. 

No, I never suggested that you did suggest any of those things, but my post was in response to those that had. 

"He also booked half our team even though we only committed 1 bad foul."

In all, Taylor booked five City players, Amartey should have walked and Huth's tackle was a heavy challenge deserving of a yellow. Simpson was carded for kicking the ball away, but I did feel that the challenge by Albrighton on Feghouli outside the box was harshly penalised. Given the appalling assault on Chilwell, Schmeichel's protestations were in the circumstances warranted, but the mandate is to punish any verbal abuse levelled at an official. He also booked Lanzini and Ogbonna for two of the more cyncal fouls that I've seen this season. 

For me, Taylor's biggest failing today was not to dismiss Amartey and Nordtviet. 

Yep. I also think players shouldn't cheat and try and con the refs. Fans can't complain if their players roll around and fake injury or dive, and then the next week the ref gets a decision wrong due an opponent rolling around and or/diving.

But I don't think the current crop of referees are particularly good. Just my opinion, but I can't remember a group as consistently bad as Madley, Pawson and co

They appear to get no help, leadership or direction from the PGMOL and Mike Riley is a total cock. 

Feel free to disagree, but as I said, just my opinion.

59 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Amazing the amount of people here who reckon they could be perfect referees. Like to see half of you try it.

That's beside the point. They're well paid full time professionals who have nothing to do all day every day but improve their refereeing, and some of them don't even know the rules. A violent karate kick straight into some bodies chest is as obvious a red card as you will ever see. Some level of incorrect decision making is understandable but consistent woeful incompetence is not. 

I don't even blame the refs that much, I blame the FA for not doing anything about the horrific standard of refereeing in this country and their pathetic lese majeste style stance on criticism.

Just now, Barky said:

That's beside the point. They're well paid full time professionals who have nothing to do all day every day but improve their refereeing, and some of them don't even know the rules. A violent karate kick straight into some bodies chest is as obvious a red card as you will ever see. Some level of incorrect decision making is understandable but consistent woeful incompetence is not. 

I don't even blame the refs that much, I blame the FA for not doing anything about the horrific standard of refereeing in this country and their pathetic lese majeste style stance on criticism.

Lets be honest here the referee can't see everything, there are 22 players that he has to move between to get the right angle, sometimes it's easier to see stuff from a higher vantage point e.g. the stands. I feel some people on here are constantly blaming the referee for every mistake we get. Until you're in their position you'll never know what its like having everyone against you.

9 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Lets be honest here the referee can't see everything, there are 22 players that he has to move between to get the right angle, sometimes it's easier to see stuff from a higher vantage point e.g. the stands. I feel some people on here are constantly blaming the referee for every mistake we get. Until you're in their position you'll never know what its like having everyone against you.

That's where the assistants have to help. For the Nordveidt incident the lino was about 2 metres away and still somehow they didn't send him off.

Just now, ttfn said:

That's where the assistants have to help. For the Nordveidt incident the lino was about 2 metres away and still somehow they didn't send him off.

That i understand but sometimes the abuse is unwarranted. Saw people complaining about Attwell on Monday and he didn't even put a foot wrong.

Just now, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

That i understand but sometimes the abuse is unwarranted. Saw people complaining about Attwell on Monday and he didn't even put a foot wrong.

I don't disagree.

Atwell did ok I thought. As for Taylor he's normally one of the better ones but had an absolute shocker today. We've now had 2 dreadful refs who've managed to give the overwhelming majority of contentious decisions against us in our last 3 games plus Bournemouth where it's fair to say we didn't get the rub of the green.

As MP says we've been fortunate on the whole over the last 18 months, but most of that good fortune came in a concentrated spell up to the end of last year. I'd say we're about even over that period now. I can't even remember the last time somebody was sent off against us (Francis for Bournemouth? Probably the end of our good run with refs because that was never a sending off) and there have been several pretty stonewall cases for red cards for opponents this season alone - Coquelin, Nordveidt and Simons all pretty clearly should have walked at various stages this season.

21 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

I did ref a game once and it was really hard. I was quite fit at the time but found it

difficult to keep up with play. Personally I don't expect refs to get every decision right,

just the big ones, and I do expect them to be fair/unbiased which I didn't think today's 

ref was.

Archived