Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Referees

Terrible referee today! The whole Chilwell situation was ludicrous. A stone wall red card challenge, and then he books Kasper for showing the ref where the tackled landed!!!

Anyway even though he was complete tripe, at least he didn't send anyone off, I thought Amartey could have been a goner otherwise.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The standard in this country is awful.

bet there won't be any retrospective action from today too, the problems aren't just on the pitch.

Honestly thought he was going to cost us the game today.

There cant be can there, he's been booked, has to be gbh to get a retrospective ban if the ref has already punished the player.

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

He was terrible, only surprise was he didn't invent a West Ham penalty 

He tried the marginally less obvious option of introducing a zone 20-30 yards from goal where if a West Ham player fell over a free kick was awarded to them.

Not sure what can be done about the standard of refereeing, maybe ex players could do it, I don't know, there is no consistency between any of them, there is so much at stake, it's a multimillion pound sport with incompetent refs running/ruining the games, and the assistants are a complete waste of space as well, frightened to make any decision that may help the ref out.

Consistency in decision's is appalling during a game, let alone game by game.

These refs are the worst for a long time, and as long as there is no accountability, these alledged officials will continue to be poor.

The linesman east stand side was in a world of his own, and missed everything, which doesn't help the ref, but that's not defending the ref today, he was shocking.

36 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He was Just waiting to send a city player off. FA Conspiracy. 

Then he didn't do a very good job over that either - missing the perfect opportunity by only handing Amartey a yellow for an atrocious challenge on Noble three minutes into the second half.

42 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

He was terrible, only surprise was he didn't invent a West Ham penalty 

Like Antonio's appeal which he was having none of?

When are referee's gonna be given help?

Look I am all for agreeing they have a hard job but if the FA/UEFA/Whoever's call it is refuses to help them it'll only result in referee's getting abuse and lack of the respect they tell us to give them.

34 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Then he didn't do a very good job over that either - missing the perfect opportunity by only handing Amartey a yellow for an atrocious challenge on Noble three minutes into the second half.

Surely you are not defending this ref, he was shocking.

Thank **** he didn't have any big calls to make because 

they weren't goner go our way.

Why did the WHam players surround him at the end?

Maybe they were asking if they could have him next week.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Not sure what can be done about the standard of refereeing, maybe ex players could do it, I don't know, there is no consistency between any of them, there is so much at stake, it's a multimillion pound sport with incompetent refs running/ruining the games, and the assistants are a complete waste of space as well, frightened to make any decision that may help the ref out.

A video review system and retrospective action again terrible refs. No accountability or opportunity to challenge shit decisions equals the same old, arrogant idiots refereeing the game.

22 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Surely you are not defending this ref, he was shocking.

Thank **** he didn't have any big calls to make because 

they weren't goner go our way.

Why did the WHam players surround him at the end?

Maybe they were asking if they could have him next week.

No, not at all, which is why I said this in the post match thread...

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Dreadful Second Half performance by Taylor from every perspective. 

What do you want me do do, wish "colonic cancer" on the man? That would be classy.

Actually, he did have some "big calls to make"- and he failed at that too, which is precisely my point. However, the suggestion that due to bias, he was looking to send a City player off or award a penalty to West Ham is complete nonsense. I'm simply pointing out that as blatant as Antonio's dive was, coupled with Amartey's shite tackle on Noble he had a chance to do both. Should have booked Antonio though.

You want bias? - Spend an hour or two reading Foxes Talk.

Regarding Taylor, although this was a tricky game to referee his performance in the second half was utterly diabolical. Still, at least he didn't lose control like Moss last May when similarly people were hysterically posting "FA conspiracy" back then too. The most frustrating ref I've watched this season, bar CUNeyT Çakır against Porto at home, was Bobby Madley who rendered the Spurs away match practically unwatchable and Pawson should be suspended himself. 

It's clear to me that the game has become so fast that the current system of officiating needs a complete overhaul. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

He didn't book Antonio for that blatant dive though eh? 

Archived