Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2017

On 30/10/2017 at 17:19, browniefox said:

Lewis is one of the most unlikeable people in F1 though. A fantastic driver though, will go on to be the best ever with title wins I think. Just can't bring myself to like him at all. 

Totally agree, I so badly want to like him. On the track he epitomises everything I love about motor racing and is definitely up their with the very best in history. I just wish he wasn’t such an annoying little fanny off the track because it makes supporting him very hard.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Totally agree, I so badly want to like him. On the track he epitomises everything I love about motor racing and is definitely up their with the very best in history. I just wish he wasn’t such an annoying little fanny off the track because it makes supporting him very hard.

Bit strange why people would be arsed what he's like away from the track? I couldn't give a hoot what he wears, what music he listens to, the people he hangs out with. As it happens I wouldn't wear the shite he wears, the bling, hang out with the mates he has or probably even himself tbh as I don't think we'd get on lol but it's a bit petty to not like someone for those things

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Bit strange why people would be arsed what he's like away from the track? I couldn't give a hoot what he wears, what music he listens to, the people he hangs out with. As it happens I wouldn't wear the shite he wears, the bling, hang out with the mates he has or probably even himself tbh as I don't think we'd get on lol but it's a bit petty to not like someone for those things

Exactly, don't know why people get so hung up on it. Kimi comes across as a right gloomy ****, Vettel is a complete weapon, I bet if anyone spent more than half an hour with Verstappen they'd find he was arrogant privileged little shit, and with Ricciardo they'd probably want to punch him as that OTT positivity for too long would piss you off. Bottas seems like he'd bore you to death. There's probably very few you'd actually like if you got to know them, but who cares, we like the sport, and like with many sports you find a connection to one person or team and support them, in this case nationality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Exactly, don't know why people get so hung up on it. Kimi comes across as a right gloomy ****, Vettel is a complete weapon, I bet if anyone spent more than half an hour with Verstappen they'd find he was arrogant privileged little shit, and with Ricciardo they'd probably want to punch him as that OTT positivity for too long would piss you off. Bottas seems like he'd bore you to death. There's probably very few you'd actually like if you got to know them, but who cares, we like the sport, and like with many sports you find a connection to one person or team and support them, in this case nationality.

I dont particularly like any of them either, apart from kimi. Lets not pretend there havent been decent, interesting people around the track though, Alonso, Button, Webber, Kobayashi.......... They are just in short supply at the moment. Hamilton is like Deli Ali for me, as brilliant and inspirational as he is, its just a shame i cant quite enjoy or appreciate it, like i would if it was one of the above.

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I dont particularly like any of them either, apart from kimi. Lets not pretend there havent been decent, interesting people around the track though, Alonso, Button, Webber, Kobayashi.......... They are just in short supply at the moment. Hamilton is like Deli Ali for me, as brilliant and inspirational as he is, its just a shame i cant quite enjoy or appreciate it, like i would if it was one of the above.

Button and Webber I'll give you, but Alonso is just another whiny little bitch half the time. Yeah your cars shit Fernando, we know, just ****ing drive. But yeah there's been some decent guys down the years. Barrichello always seemed ok, Massa is alright. Hill, Coulthard, Herbert and Brundle all come across well in their punditry roles. Suppose the point I'm making is Hamilton might be a bit annoying, but no more than others, especially say Vettel. Tons of people at the top of sports are dicks. Let's be honest for all people laugh off his behaviour at times Ronnie O'Sullivan is a bit of at twat at times, Christisno Ronaldo is an absolute tool. Even going further down, as much as we all love what Vardy has done he's probably a bit of a **** too. Just don't get why people let his persona get to them so much. Just appreciate we are watching one of the great, like I did when I watched Schumacher even though I didn't like him.

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Button and Webber I'll give you, but Alonso is just another whiny little bitch half the time. Yeah your cars shit Fernando, we know, just ****ing drive. But yeah there's been some decent guys down the years. Barrichello always seemed ok, Massa is alright. Hill, Coulthard, Herbert and Brundle all come across well in their punditry roles. Suppose the point I'm making is Hamilton might be a bit annoying, but no more than others, especially say Vettel. Tons of people at the top of sports are dicks. Let's be honest for all people laugh off his behaviour at times Ronnie O'Sullivan is a bit of at twat at times, Christisno Ronaldo is an absolute tool. Even going further down, as much as we all love what Vardy has done he's probably a bit of a **** too. Just don't get why people let his persona get to them so much. Just appreciate we are watching one of the great, like I did when I watched Schumacher even though I didn't like him.

I met Brundle and he is far from nice but the rest are, fernando did have his moments but I thought he matured into quite a humble chap. I’ve said I enjoy watching him on the track and he is up their with the very best ever drivers for me but I just don’t passionately support him like I have other great champs. 

I think it’s slightly different to football because that’s more of a team sport, I can quite happily get behind Leicester or England whilst disliking half the team. With tennis or formula one, to really get behind them I have to like the guy as well. I don’t particularly have any affinity with any of the teams in F1, so it’s all I have.

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

He's an annoying little fanny on the track too. If thing's aren't going right, he's whinging, whining and blaming others. A great driver for sure, but it would be really interesting to see what would happen if you gave all the drivers the same car.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He's an annoying little fanny on the track too. If thing's aren't going right, he's whinging, whining and blaming others. A great driver for sure, but it would be really interesting to see what would happen if you gave all the drivers the same car.

All the teams get to see the drivers statistics and where and how they make gains. There is a reason he is in the best car imo.

He's an annoying little fanny on the track too. If thing's aren't going right, he's whinging, whining and blaming others.

Yeah, he's definitely the only F1 driver who does that.

it would be really interesting to see what would happen if you gave all the drivers the same car.

That old chestnut. All the Hamilton haters conveniently forget that when Hamilton joined Mercedes they had only the 4th best car on the grid behind Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari. I was reading an interview that Nico Rosberg did recently in which he said making good decisions off the track and getting yourself a competitive drive was part of the skill of being an F1 driver. He said he had no sympathy for Fernando Alonso because he keeps making bad decisions and ends up driving lousy cars.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah, he's definitely the only F1 driver who does that.

He does it a hell of a lot more than most. He even bitches when he's leading a race comfortably.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu