Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2017

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He does it a hell of a lot more than most. He even bitches when he's leading a race comfortably.

Didn't know you listened to every driver's radio messages. Ever thought he's one of the drivers you'll hear from more? 

Anyway he worries more than bitching. You hear as much of Vettel's radio and he's constantly moaning about other drivers. You hear Hamilton asking for information a lot, whilst Vettel's it's always demanding punishments or asking angrily if he's in a demolition derby or something or calling another driver useless or dangerous.

• Like 1

Lets be honest, bar a few exceptions, most F1 drivers are self entitled, arrogant, petulant man-children. The three worst are Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen. Unfortunately as Vettel and Hamilton have 4 championships each and Verstappen is a future world championship in the making, its seems to be a neccessary characteristic for 'winners' in F1.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Lets be honest, bar a few exceptions, most F1 drivers are self entitled, arrogant, petulant man-children. The three worst are Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen.

Spooky coincidence that they're arguably the 3 best drivers right now huh?

I think Perez has been one of the worst this season for what you described, but no one really pays any attention to him because he's not got a top 3 car

Does anyone know why refuelling wasn't introduced this season? I remember reading back in 2015 it was going to be back in this year (see below)

For 2017

Faster cars: Five to six seconds drop in laptimes through aerodynamic rules evolution, wider tyres and reduction of car weight

Reintroduction of refuelling (maintaining a maximum race fuel allowance)

Higher revving engines and increased noise

More aggressive looks

For further consideration

A global reflection on race weekend format

Measures to make starts only activated by the driver without any outside assistance

Edited by Collymore

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:
1 hour ago, The Horse said:
What?

Go and look it up. When Hamilton signed for Mercedes they had just finished 4th in the constructors championship. Many thought he'd made a mistake ditching McLaren to join Mercedes.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering what your point is?

Go and look it up. When Hamilton signed for Mercedes they had just finished 4th in the constructors championship. Many thought he'd made a mistake ditching McLaren to join Mercedes.

Most people, including Hamilton, knew they were focusing all their efforts on the huge upcoming regulation changes and had had a headstart on it compared to most teams.

It was a calculated move. Even I as a fan knew they had a good chance of being competitive.

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
24 minutes ago, The Horse said:

That he isn't always in the best car, and he's become pretty good a helping develop them.

It is true. I've seen people to say to be considered great he needs to go and re-build a team. Like Schumacher. A team like Williams to be exact. A few things about that

Firstly, no

Secondly, Schumacher moving to Ferrari is nothing close to the same as Hamilton joining Williams in 2019 for example. They both have history, thats it. If history means there is a chance they can win again in the future then fine, thats all you have. But Schumacher at Ferrari were his peak years, everything clicked at Ferrari with team personnel, and with their budget they should be near the top.

These are Hamilton's latter years coming up and it will take more than a couple of years (and a new sole engine supplier) to lift Williams again. Plus he probably has MSC's record in sights, although i've never reckoned he is bothered by that sort of thing. Certainly not as much as someone like Vettel

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
7 hours ago, The Horse said:

That he isn't always in the best car, and he's become pretty good a helping develop them.

I still don't see your point. 

I don't think many people would argue that Hamilton is a fast driver but I'd say he's an awful member of the team. 

Hamilton jumped from McLaren to Mercedes when it was pretty common knowledge in the F1 world that both teams were going to swap places. 

You make it sound like Hamilton went into the Mercedes garage with a diagram of a perfect car and taught them all how to make it.  

Nico Rosberg was far brighter and understood a lot more about the physics of racing and did actually offer the team a lot more than Hamilton ever did. Lewis is a natural talent and one hell of a driver but I don't think being a good team member is one of his strong points. 

Edited by Collymore

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
1 hour ago, The Horse said:

Don't think anyone has ever claimed That, but all his title wins have been in the best car. Mercedes rise didn't really have anything to do with Lewis really, Schumi & Rosberg did a lot more to develop them into the team they are today. Lewis had to put up with one season where they were just alright, but for the large majority of his time there they have been the market leaders.

Don't think anyone has ever claimed That, but all his title wins have been in the best car. Mercedes rise didn't really have anything to do with Lewis really, Schumi & Rosberg did a lot more to develop them into the team they are today. Lewis had to put up with one season where they were just alright, but for the large majority of his time there they have been the market leaders.

Fair enough. When would you say the last World Championship was won without the help of the best car? Alonso?

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Fair enough. When would you say the last World Championship was won without the help of the best car? Alonso?

Think you could make the point for Button, while the Brawn was definitely the best car to begin with, the red bull was definitely the stronger car at the end. Kimi in 07 probably though 

Think you could make the point for Button, while the Brawn was definitely the best car to begin with, the red bull was definitely the stronger car at the end. Kimi in 07 probably though 

Not sure you could really make a case for Button. That technical loophole Brawn exploited meant they were out of sight by the time other teams caught up.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If we exclude 2007 as Kimi won mostly because Alonso and Lewes were fighting each other - I would say Schumi with Benneton in 94-95.

In all other cases even if the champion's car wasn't the best in peleton, the margin was quite small.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I see 2008 is conveniently wiped from your memory

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Does anyone know why refuelling wasn't introduced this season? I remember reading back in 2015 it was going to be back in this year (see below)

I believe it's because it would have cost the teams more money, as most of them were against the idea

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

The Horse's Mouth, there is a negative story about Hamilton on BBC news. Just waiting for you to share it

It's what millionaires do, they screw the system, so things like hospitals don't get built and not enough police.

Yay them!