Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2017

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Find it astounding that Ferrari can put any blame on Verstappen for causing that incident.

Vettel clearly goes left instead of leaving a gap, thus encouraging risk of collision. 

He produced his own racing incident.

Well done.

Find it astonishing that you could absolve Verstappen of any blame.

It's not like he had to go full throttle at all costs.

Had he let up a bit Räikkönen would've passed him and probably Vettel too.

Interestingly, Danish commentators (Le Mans winner John Nielsen) were discussing which of Räikkönen and Verstappen were to blame.

Didn't once during the race ask questions of Vettel.

The way I saw it Vettel squeezed Verstappen into the path of Raikonnen and Raikonnen tried to get in front of Verstappen before his car was actually clear. 

Vettel & Raikonnen fully responsible for me. 

680D0073-9271-4403-95AD-DBEC38DD8362-40633-000019D5A8328374.jpeg

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, stix said:

The way I saw it Vettel squeezed Verstappen into the path of Raikonnen and Raikonnen tried to get in front of Verstappen before his car was actually clear. 

Shit I have to start watching this again, I didn't realise they had laser beams on the upgrades.

• Like 1

Why on Earth would Verstappen "let up a bit" in a run down to the first corner? He may as well just park it up if he did that.

There was no way he was even looking at Kimi, all his attention was on Vettel. Which is why when Vettel started to chop over to him he instinctively started to move left. Just at the wrong time unfortunately as Kimi was steaming up the inside of him.

100% Vettel's fault.

1 hour ago, stix said:

just Vettel responsible. 

Raikonnen was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Verstappen did what any normal, competitive racer would do and try to challenge the 2 Ferraris. He would have no idea Vettel would close up on him so much and there was literally nowhere else he could go. It was just unfortunate that the way Raikkonen's car was damaged from the initial contact in the screenshot that he couldn't turn his car away from Verstappen when he careered in to him a few seconds later.

Vettel didn't need to squeeze in to Verstappen that much and could have avoided damage to his, Verstappen's and his own teammate's car if he'd just been a bit more sensible and less aggressive in to the first corner.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

just Vettel responsible. 

Raikonnen was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Verstappen did what any normal, competitive racer would do and try to challenge the 2 Ferraris. He would have no idea Vettel would close up on him so much and there was literally nowhere else he could go. It was just unfortunate that the way Raikkonen's car was damaged from the initial contact in the screenshot that he couldn't turn his car away from Verstappen when he careered in to him a few seconds later.

Vettel didn't need to squeeze in to Verstappen that much and could have avoided damage to his, Verstappen's and his own teammate's car if he'd just been a bit more sensible and less aggressive in to the first corner.

You know I think you're right. Just watched it again through all the different angles and Raikonnen doesn't really change his line, Vettel just forces Verstappen left and into Raikonnen.