Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Donut

IF Ranieri HAS lost the Dressing Room, How Did This Happen?

If CR has lost the dressing room, and I believe he has, it's down to him and no one else. Looking closely at our pre November form it was actually pretty good and and in line with expectations - we had some poor results away but actually had some really good results - including games against Spurs and Arsenal which arguably we could have won, and good wins against our, now, relegation rivals. We had an indifferent  November with a few draws that weren't great - but the whole thing had the feeling of post title slump with some good and some poor performances - but all round form that would see us between 10-14. 

Post November is where CR has lost it - if there were already issues they have been compounded by the constant changing of tactics, personnel, inability to bed in a number of new players. We are learning of late changes in formation, training sessions and the players don't feel comfortable. I manage under 12s and I know how hard it is playing those little buggers out of position - I saw the utter frustration of DD against Southampton - that diamond was a joke. 

He has panicked - plain and simple. Instead of seeing through a loss of form but sticking to the tried and test he's...tinkered. The use of a higher line is suicide - the combinations of players that don't work like Musa and Vardy. The players do need to perform but equally they need clear direction. Last season the team and tactics virtually picked themselves and whilst he made some impactful subs, generally the team benefitted from stability. 

Transfers have been been too focused with the foreign market, ignoring available proven premier league players - I said it in the summer but Joe Allen is a far better option than Mendy. 

He has no one the blame but himself...

I found it confusing as to why it's all gone wrong but then I seen his track record he quite obviously does something to upset people and lose support resulting in poor results, blame the players all you like but they have had increases in the past under Pearson and it was never a problem then. Something has happened which we won't find out about and it's escalated as the season has gone on, backroom staff leaving won't have helped as the players would work closely with them especially Walsh. 

3 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

If CR has lost the dressing room, and I believe he has, it's down to him and no one else. Looking closely at our pre November form it was actually pretty good and and in line with expectations - we had some poor results away but actually had some really good results - including games against Spurs and Arsenal which arguably we could have won, and good wins against our, now, relegation rivals. We had an indifferent  November with a few draws that weren't great - but the whole thing had the feeling of post title slump with some good and some poor performances - but all round form that would see us between 10-14. 

Post November is where CR has lost it - if there were already issues they have been compounded by the constant changing of tactics, personnel, inability to bed in a number of new players. We are learning of late changes in formation, training sessions and the players don't feel comfortable. I manage under 12s and I know how hard it is playing those little buggers out of position - I saw the utter frustration of DD against Southampton - that diamond was a joke. 

He has panicked - plain and simple. Instead of seeing through a loss of form but sticking to the tried and test he's...tinkered. The use of a higher line is suicide - the combinations of players that don't work like Musa and Vardy. The players do need to perform but equally they need clear direction. Last season the team and tactics virtually picked themselves and whilst he made some impactful subs, generally the team benefitted from stability. 

Transfers have been been too focused with the foreign market, ignoring available proven premier league players - I said it in the summer but Joe Allen is a far better option than Mendy. 

He has no one the blame but himself...

Ranieri is part of the problem, no doubt has he been the source of his own undoing by the way he presents himself to the media this season (stale, emotionless responses to critical questions), his tactics, formation changes and the way he goes on about communicating that to the players (based on what was said on here before, such as the Copenhagen pre-match episode).

But look at the bigger picture: It's not quite fair to focus on the manager solely, when the management and the players have let him down, as well.

The club has created its own vicious circle, the transfer policy since last summer can be labeled as "disastrous" (with the exception of Ndidi perhaps). Wasting a huge chunk of money on players that have yet to live up to their hype or have flattered to deceive. The whole strategy seems to erratic, in a time when we needed stability the most and additional PL experience amongst our ranks, we go for a plethora of attacking players from abroad and then expect them to function straightaway.

And then we let a summer signing go that hardly ever played in exchange for a fourth-choice centre-back from Granese. I mean, WTF?

From my point of view, it all adds up to a scandalous - and amateurish approach.

Just read that Telegraph article and this made me laugh:

Morgan and Robert Huth were seen gesticulating to the technical area in apparent confusion over how they were being asked to play

Ranieri should've gesticulated back in apparent confusion at how ****ing shit they are in every game

4 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04s3vw1

It's no longer an "IF" is it?

At least there are a few people out there who who are happy to talk details, rather than some of the media prats who just blame the players without understanding the situation and wouldn't entertain sacking Ranieri despite relegation looking guaranteed with him.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Probably English

:) Right.

From what I've heard in post match interviews, Shinji doesn't really say much of any substance in English.

I really doubt he'd come out with all that stuff Northcroft was going on about, in any case....

Archived