Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Donut

IF Ranieri HAS lost the Dressing Room, How Did This Happen?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

So what you're saying is that Ranieri is laying out a tactical approach, which the players are refusing to follow? 

And you continue to back him?

If this is he case....if the players are just ignoring him, it can't get any worse can it.

I'd back him over the players every day. He's our greatest ever manager and without him they'd be lower end top flight players without any note. If they're prepared to stab Claudio in the back they can do one as far as I'm concerned 

27 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'd back him over the players every day. He's our greatest ever manager and without him they'd be lower end top flight players without any note. If they're prepared to stab Claudio in the back they can do one as far as I'm concerned 

I'm with you. To me it looks as though we have a group of players who have grown too big for their boots and are no longer playing ball. It's just too hard for me to believe that, after going on and on about how proud he was of all our running and effort last year, that Ranieri has decided that he was wrong all along and would prefer the players to sit back and hoof. His touchline reaction when they do that tells me all I need to know.

The saddest thing for me is how I now feel about this group. I'm going to find it pretty hard to cheer them on tomorrow because all I feel towards them is disgust. There is a part of me that would rather Ranieri just play the kids, risk relegation and then **** the lot of the big time Charlies off in the summer.

Honestly, what difference would relegation make to me personally? **** all. I'm a grown man so the division my football club plays in does nothing to dictate my mood outside of the couple of hours I'm in the ground. I'd get more matches for my money. Okay, the quality would be worse but if I gave a shit about that I'd hardly have bothered watching Leicester City for the past 25 years. Some will argue that it's bad for the club, we'd lose money. It's not my money and if relegation has a bad enough impact for it to matter then that only means somebody wasn't planning properly.

**** knows. Ultimately I want my club to be playing at the highest level possible, playing attacking football and having a decent crack at the cup competitions with likeable players and staff. But not at any cost. And at the minute the idea of us staying up by the skin of our teeth and any of the current bunch of players being lauded as heroes at the end of it turns my stomach. 

8 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm with you. to me it looks as though we have a group of players who have grown too big for their boots and are no longer playing ball. It's just too hard for ke to believe that, after going on and on about how proud he was of all our running and effort last year, that Ranieri has decided that he was wrong all along and would prefer the players to sit back and hoof. His touchline reaction when they do that tells me all I need to know.

The saddest thing for me is how I now feel about this group. I'm going to find it pretty hard to cheer them on tomorrow because all I feel towards them is disgust. There is a part of me that would rather Ranieri just play the kids, risk relegation and then **** the lot of the big time Charlies off in the summer.

Honestly, what difference would relegation make to me personally? **** all. I'm a grown man so the division my football club plays in does nothing to dictate my mood outside of the couple of hours I'm in the ground. I'd get more matches for my money. Okay, the quality would be worse but if I gave a shit about that I'd hardly have bothered watching Leicester City for the past 25 years. Some will argue that it's bad for the club, we'd lose money. It's not my money and if relegation has a bad enough impact for it to matter then that only means somebody wasn't planning properly.

**** knows. Ultimately I want my club to be playing at the highest level possible, playing attacking football and having a decent crack at the cup competitions with likeable players and staff. But not at any cost. And at the minute the idea of us staying up by the skin of our teeth and any of the current bunch of players being lauded as heroes at the end of it turns my stomach. 

Refreshing attitude mate 

So is this player revolt why our defenders are atrocious on the ball?

I find it absurd how so many has a chub on for Ranieri and now hate the players. As if they've just magically decided to not try for no reason. Also is it just me it is it mainly people that disliked Pearson that now wholly blame the players and have nothing against Ranieri? I may be off with that but it seems that way.

I'm still kind of surprised to be reading a lot of this, it still just seems like we are pretty crap rather than there being moles, spy's, ghosts and evil back stabbing players.

We will lose tomorrow because the defence are about lower championship standard and we were too dumb to not improve it. Not because {insert player(s) you're not fond of} is/are leading a revolt against Ranieri.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

That's not how it works though is it? It might be a 'refreshing attitude' but what are you advocating? That we keep the manager and change the whole squad?

Bet that don't happen.

Ranieri I suspect is on borrowed time. Whether it his fault, the players fault, a bit of both, fook knows. A loss tomorrow could spur the owners into some sort of action. To be honest, they've been very patient already. Cos we are shite.

Just now, Col city fan said:

That's not how it works though is it? It might be a 'refreshing attitude' but what are you advocating? That we keep the manager and change the whole squad?

Bet that don't happen.

Ranieri I suspect is on borrowed time. Whether it his fault, the players fault, a bit of both, fook knows. A loss tomorrow could spur the owners into some sort of action. To be honest, they've been very patient already. Cos we are shite.

That we cut out the bad eggs. If, as is being claimed elsewhere on here, there's a player leading open revolt and dragging everyone else down with him to the point other first team players have confronted him, then he has to go. Not Claudio, his departure will make no difference in that case.

but, how is this any different to Pearson not suffering fools like mills and beckford? Everyone backed him for bombing out the egos, but now they're advocating letting the egos dictate the club.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

So is this player revolt why our defenders are atrocious on the ball?

I find it absurd how so many has a chub on for Ranieri and now hate the players. As if they've just magically decided to not try for no reason. Also is it just me it is it mainly people that disliked Pearson that now wholly blame the players and have nothing against Ranieri? I may be off with that but it seems that way.

I'm still kind of surprised to be reading a lot of this, it still just seems like we are pretty crap rather than there being moles, spy's, ghosts and evil back stabbing players.

We will lose tomorrow because the defence are about lower championship standard and we were too dumb to not improve it. Not because {insert player(s) you're not fond of} is/are leading a revolt against Ranieri.

lol

You've got it pretty spot on I suspect. I never tire of what I read on here sometimes. It makes me laff quite a lot.

The reality, I suspect, is that we have some crappy players, off form, a manager who has ran out of ideas and a loss of respect for him.

Its probably that simple but rather than just accept that, the flock will devise theories to try to explain that Ranieri is at no fault whatsoever, that a conspiracy is happening, that he is an unfortunate victim in a bigger plot and that he is a wonderful manager that should stay at the club at all costs. Even if it means we get relegated and have to sell two thirds of the squad. 

Amazing stuff!

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That we cut out the bad eggs. If, as is being claimed elsewhere on here, there's a player leading open revolt and dragging everyone else down with him to the point other first team players have confronted him, then he has to go. Not Claudio, his departure will make no difference in that case.

but, how is this any different to Pearson not suffering fools like mills and beckford? Everyone backed him for bombing out the egos, but now they're advocating letting the egos dictate the club.

Mills and Beckford didn't do anything off the field, did they? I know that Beckford was supposed to be a nice guy - even heard King speak highly of him. I thought Nige got rid of these players because of their attitude on the pitch and how much they were earning...

As I've said before, Pearson built the club up and the players were tight - even off the field he wouldn't have significant differences in wages... The club have gone about the summer the wrong way. New contracts at 80k+ a week for the likes of Vardy and Mahrez should never have happened. It causes an issue. Why should one man be paid more than another when he offers exactly the same thing - ie Morgan (who signed a new contract) and Huth (who has the same contract since signing under Pearson).

Also what's the story about Vardy? I've read that thread and article but can't seem to come to the same conclusion as everybody else in that thread? ... There has been a lack of desire and motivation all season... this season is down to more than one player and Ranieri, as manager, is responsible. 

A big Ranieri chant would serve well, so he can hear that he has been appreciated. Would be good for the person who did the unexpected in 2016. Will always respect him for that.

This game could be his last who knows.

I think if people try hard enough, they'll somehow be able to get Cambiasso involved in this saga. In terms of Esteban giving team talks on Skype at half time or something? Just another theory i thought I'd lob into the mix.

Though I guess we'll have to wait and see if we do another great escape before that one gets trotted out...

lol

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Mills and Beckford didn't do anything off the field, did they? I know that Beckford was supposed to be a nice guy - even heard King speak highly of him. I thought Nige got rid of these players because of their attitude on the pitch and how much they were earning...

As I've said before, Pearson built the club up and the players were tight - even off the field he wouldn't have significant differences in wages... The club have gone about the summer the wrong way. New contracts at 80k+ a week for the likes of Vardy and Mahrez should never have happened. It causes an issue. Why should one man be paid more than another when he offers exactly the same thing - ie Morgan (who signed a new contract) and Huth (who has the same contract since signing under Pearson).

Also what's the story about Vardy? I've read that thread and article but can't seem to come to the same conclusion as everybody else in that thread? ... There has been a lack of desire and motivation all season... this season is down to more than one player and Ranieri, as manager, is responsible. 

wrong. Vardy 's new contract is at least 120K

This might be unpopular but I don't fully buy into this idea that the dastardly players have let down good old Claudio - for me, the players, the manager and the owners are all culpable.

I love Claudio and he may well be the best manager we've ever had but he hasn't managed this season well and I don't think anyone can argue anything different. I think just above every Foxestalker felt that we'd have to alter our style of play this season (especially once Kante left) but we haven't. Everyone knows that teams tend to suss you out pretty quickly in the PL so to persist with a long ball / counter attacking style when everyone sits deep against you has been and continues to be a suicidal move.

People are quick to hammer the players (and rightly so in some respects) but think about it for a minute, you're being told to do the same thing every week and you're getting nowhere yet your boss insists that you stick slavishly to the same way of doing things- you are very quickly going to lose confidence in the leadership. I'll be honest, I'm kind of in this situation in the school I work in and it's demoralising and I'm probably not as effective right now as I am when I feel like I'm being well-managed. For me that's human nature whether you get paid £100 a week or £100k a week. People may fire back with 'the players wanted 442' but my response would be a) of course they wanted 442 because then the first teamers keep their places, it's a bit like saying 'Do you think I should drop you and bring in someone else?' and b) CR needs to make that decision for himself.

Similarly, IF there is a player leading a revolt and IF that player is Jamie Vardy (and we don't know for sure) then there is absolutely no way he should be picked. Again, if you put yourself in the shoes of the other players and you see this guy undermining the manager (and pissing off other players by the sounds of it) yet he's picked every week despite patently not delivering the goods, you are going to start questioning your manager. I think most of us, if we're honest, would be thinking 'why do you keep picking this guy?' and on some sort of level that will erode your confidence in the manager. 

He's made other mistakes too, marginalising Steve Walsh who had done an outstanding job at LCFC was a big error IMHO. Yes, he may well have still gone to Everton but it's pretty clear that Claudio didn't have too much time for SW's recommendations (by his own admission) which IMHO was a grave mistake given SW's undoubted track record and CR's somewhat iffy record with recruitment. Decisions like these don't help the mood around the club.

In terms of the owners, it seems almost sacrilegious to criticise these guys who have brought so much joy to the club and the city but the way they indulged the players after last season was over the top and has only served to heighten the sense of entitlement that blinds these young men. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but there were plenty of people on this forum who thought the free BMWs was an unnecessary, slightly risky move. I'm currently reading Fergie's book on leadership and in it he says that he allowed the players to talk about a title win for a week afterwards and then that was it, otherwise complacency set in when people talked about it constantly. Our players have lost all sense of focus and perspective and the owners haven't helped in this respect. 

Don't get me wrong, I regard the players as being the most culpable. I'm not even going to get started on them as the post will go on forever but at the same time you can't pin all the blame on them. I just don't think it's as simple as noble old Claudio being undone by a load of ungrateful players, there's a collective responsibility here.

How big a part does the lack of a good level of the English language by players and manager play a part?....Who translates what Ranieri wants, he needs more than a little finger pointing and arm waving to  get tactics over. Do we have a multi language translator on the books (and is he a Florist supporter)? Does Shaky even understand what Ranieri's asking for? the players are clearly struggling to translate what he wants into a positive performance.

15 hours ago, LJS said:

Honestly, what difference would relegation make to me personally? **** all. I'm a grown man so the division my football club plays in does nothing to dictate my mood outside of the couple of hours I'm in the ground. I'd get more matches for my money. Okay, the quality would be worse but if I gave a shit about that I'd hardly have bothered watching Leicester City for the past 25 years. Some will argue that it's bad for the club, we'd lose money. It's not my money and if relegation has a bad enough impact for it to matter then that only means somebody wasn't planning properly.........................

................... And at the minute the idea of us staying up by the skin of our teeth and any of the current bunch of players being lauded as heroes at the end of it turns my stomach. 

Yeah +1 for that. I won't laud them as heroes but I will shout them a taxi.

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think if people try hard enough, they'll somehow be able to get Cambiasso involved in this saga. In terms of Esteban giving team talks on Skype at half time or something? Just another theory i thought I'd lob into the mix.

Though I guess we'll have to wait and see if we do another great escape before that one gets trotted out...

lol

So I serve a week ban for trolling after just pointing out your hypocrisy and you get away with posts like this? lol 

14 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Both those quotes are word for word the same and attributed to Simpson and Gray.... looks like a bit of media management to me.

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Both those quotes are word for word the same and attributed to Simpson and Gray.... looks like a bit of media management to me.

Hmm dunno, maybe they being asked the same questions and yeh...have been given the same script to work from by the club?

Archived