Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Donut

IF Ranieri HAS lost the Dressing Room, How Did This Happen?

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is your source a tall Argentinian chap? 

And if there is bad sh1t in the dressing room then at least we know that once it's sorted we can improve on the pitch !

No. Not sure its gonna be sorted any time soon.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Trying to be all things to all people never works. The Manager needs to be in total control of the players otherwise they advantage of any weakness. CR is clearly a nice man but he needs to take charge of the situation

I agree. I think he has tried keeping everyone happy and tells them what the want to hear and it is all coming back to burn him now. The Ulloa thing for example, he has clearly told Ulloa he wouldn't sign another striker and then when he did, told Ulloa he can leave if he wants, and now he is saying he can't. 

Think Claudio needs to learn to toughen up and not play Mr Nice guy all the time. Players are under contract and I also think he has given too much control to the players and they are now taking advantage of that, with not allowing him to change formations as he wants and also sulking if not playing. 

This is a sh*** position we are in. With Slim out and I suspect for at least 3 games we have no attack plan B. Given attack plan A is woefully out of form we are looking at the abyss. Shocking that as champions Ranieri has let this occurs. We are in a bloody mess 

44 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I agree. I think he has tried keeping everyone happy and tells them what the want to hear and it is all coming back to burn him now. The Ulloa thing for example, he has clearly told Ulloa he wouldn't sign another striker and then when he did, told Ulloa he can leave if he wants, and now he is saying he can't. 

Think Claudio needs to learn to toughen up and not play Mr Nice guy all the time. Players are under contract and I also think he has given too much control to the players and they are now taking advantage of that, with not allowing him to change formations as he wants and also sulking if not playing. 

I  think the nice guy things a myth he's a wily old fox. Certainly has one face for the press and one for training,  Vardy and Kate alluded to that last year. I've heard ex players in the media comment that whilst he is a nice guy he also has ruthless streak. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

If ANY player wants to go, let them. Ulloa asked to leave weeks ago he should have gone. We're now left with a player that doesn't want to play and the manager won't play.

Selling to a rival is out of the question, we don't know what was offered and by who. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Selling to a rival is out of the question, we don't know what was offered and by who. 

We don't. But what's the point in keeping an unhappy player here, it'll only disrupt everything surely.

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

What is going on this season?? Players want to leave, struggling to get new players in... something isn't right somewhere, my spider senses are tingling!!

Not to mention the incredible drop-off in every player's form! 

I touched on it in the Wague thread, but I think there are a few reasons that we can have a good guess at.

• Disparity in contracts - Some being rewarded massively and others not at all.

• An expanded squad - Under Pearson we always used to have a small tight squad. We've expanded that in case of injuries with all our extra games. But we've never trusted the new players to play a full part. So what we've ended up with is James, Was, Leo, Schlupp, Kapustka, Zieler, Hamer, Hernandez and to some extent King, Gray, Musa, Okazaki, Chillwell all rarely featuring.

Almost an entire team and some subs either playing pretty much no part or a small part. That's going to lead to much more unrest than when you just have a few senior players and some kids not making the bench or playing.

• The 'band of brothers' - we used to hear about all the lads hanging around together and being good mates. Problem is the main group that help that together were all the Leicester based lads as they did hang out all the time, we've sold most of them off now (Vardy, Nuge, De Laet, King, Schlupp etc).

They have mostly been replaced by foreign lads who might not understand the culture or the league, previously many of our foreign signings had experience of our leagues and had been in the country for years. We've had an influx of people who are totally new to it all... That can mean it takes time for them to settle on and off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I touched on it in the Wague thread, but I think there are a few reasons that we can have a good guess at.

• Disparity in contracts - Some being rewarded massively and others not at all.

• An expanded squad - Under Pearson we always used to have a small tight squad. We've expanded that in case of injuries with all our extra games. But we've never trusted the new players to play a full part. So what we've ended up with is James, Was, Leo, Schlupp, Kapustka, Zieler, Hamer, Hernandez and to some extent King, Gray, Musa, Okazaki, Chillwell all rarely featuring.

Almost an entire team and some subs either playing pretty much no part or a small part. That's going to lead to much more unrest than when you just have a few senior players and some kids not making the bench or playing.

• The 'band of brothers' - we used to hear about all the lads hanging around together and being good mates. Problem is the main group that help that together were all the Leicester based lads as they did hang out all the time, we've sold most of them off now (Vardy, Nuge, De Laet, King, Schlupp etc).

They have mostly been replaced by foreign lads who might not understand the culture or the league, previously many of our foreign signings had experience of our leagues and had been in the country for years. We've had an influx of people who are totally new to it all... That can mean it takes time for them to settle on and off the pitch.

Very good points and for me some of the main reasons we are struggling to turn this around.

Pearson was all about building a team, not collecting individuals. He wanted to sign players with desire and a similar attitude so they would create a 'band of brothers'. Steve Walsh spoke about this recently and said that it took them a while to sign many foreign players as they wanted to build that togetherness first.

All that has been totally lost and the squad has become fragmented. We'd be much better off signing players from the lower Premier League (Snodgrass, Brady etc) or the Championship than doing what we are currently doing and signing foreign players that will need time to adapt, if they ever do adapt at all, and whom aren't going to integrate into the squad socially with ease.

I'll support Babs' argumentation, because it's the most in-depth and logical one, combining many possible or likely scenarios mentioned by others before.

Contract-wise we weren't smart enough, handing out big money for a long-term project hasn't paid dividends so far (looking back though, that's easy to say - we could've lost a large portion of our star players, so a  50/50 situation).

Our key players still can't manage continuing where they left off last season, struggling with the expectations, a lack of hunger, passion or desire. The big money contracts surely didn't help as planned. The lack of Kanté plays into it, but it'd be foolish to pin it all down to one player's presence only.

The transfers last summer don't make much sense as of right now, as hardly any of the new signings had the desired impact and we seemingly focused on getting more attackers on board, when we needed to fix or consolidate our back four and central midfield first and foremost (following the old adage of "Defense winning Championships") . The new guys now are struggling coming to terms with the league, the culture, the demands, etc. There's also a distinct lack of PL experience.

Instead, the manager/the club have frozen out squad members such as Benalouane or Ulloa, preferring some sort of favoritism, let Hernandez leave after half a year only and a talent like Kapustka has to be happy about getting regular game time with the reserves.

Personally, what I miss most is a leader on the pitch - I can't make one out at the moment. Even our captain is struggling massively and that can't be too good for team morale.

There's little competition for places, the team that won us the title last year has pretty much had at least half a season without being really challenged, they can do as they please. The shape is only now slowly been broken up by the manager it seems.

The manager has also at times come across as rather stubborn, clueless or unwilling to be open about topics such as team selection or formation, shrugging it all off without giving real answers (on the other hand, I can understand Ranieri for trying to keep the cards close to his chest).

And when he finally tinkered, the players looked clueless on the pitch.

I don't think he's lost the dressing room, but he's surely confusing his own players (also coming back to the theme of favoritism, meaning rewarding mediocre performances and preventing players from hitting form again by establishing a healthy competition).

I also think the club's recent communication method(s) to be not that ideal and tending on the method of general denial. They appear to be overly cautious and restrained, adding fuel to the fire (and speculations).

51 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Very good points and for me some of the main reasons we are struggling to turn this around.

Pearson was all about building a team, not collecting individuals. He wanted to sign players with desire and a similar attitude so they would create a 'band of brothers'. Steve Walsh spoke about this recently and said that it took them a while to sign many foreign players as they wanted to build that togetherness first.

All that has been totally lost and the squad has become fragmented. We'd be much better off signing players from the lower Premier League (Snodgrass, Brady etc) or the Championship than doing what we are currently doing and signing foreign players that will need time to adapt, if they ever do adapt at all, and whom aren't going to integrate into the squad socially with ease.

Essentially, a very well thought out approach has been replaced by a scattergun approach with little thought for the future consequences. It's sad to see 6 or 7 years of good work and planning at LCFC being undone in a few months since the summer :( and I won't be surprised if we're back in the lower half of the Championship in a year or two

19 hours ago, winchesterton said:

When was the last time we heard anything from the owners? Seems they've kept a pretty low profile most of this season.

The Owners have been brilliant since day one and their behaving exactly as they should, keeping a low profile. They employ people to do certain jobs and rely on them to perform.

If they don't I'm sure they'll be out the Door quickly. They'er also learning on the Job also as it's still as a bit new to them. But you can be sure that behind the scenes their making some sort of noises and won't be very happy.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

The Owners have been brilliant since day one and their behaving exactly as they should, keeping a low profile. They employ people to do certain jobs and rely on them to perform.

If they don't I'm sure they'll be out the Door quickly. They'er also learning on the Job also as it's still as a bit new to them. But you can be sure that behind the scenes their making some sort of noises and won't be very happy.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not complaining, just curious. I respect a hands off approach, but sometimes it would be nice to hear them re-emphasis long-term goals like making us an established Premier league side etc

Archived