Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

1 minute ago, brucey said:

hasn't he always been ineffective every time he's been started centrally previously, and therefore always reverts to RW the very next game?

It's a tough one - he tends to get physically bullied when he ends up centrally. We haven't really given him a free role roaming option as yet - perhaps within the 3-5-2 with him roaming in the two might be an option to explore. Within the five sacrifices the numerical advantage we need in central midfield. That does mean we lose Leo/slim up top to pick up the second balls off. I assume he was used roaming in the 3-5-2 the other evening but he seemed to get a bit lost within it.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It's a tough one - he tends to get physically bullied when he ends up centrally. We haven't really given him a free role roaming option as yet - perhaps within the 3-5-2 with him roaming in the two might be an option to explore. Within the five sacrifices the numerical advantage we need in central midfield. That does mean we lose Leo/slim up top to pick up the second balls off. I assume he was used roaming in the 3-5-2 the other evening but he seemed to get a bit lost within it.

------------------------Kasper--------------

------------ Amartey---Benny---Huth------------

Albrighton--Drinkwater--N'didi--King--Chilwell

----------------Mahrez------Vardy----------------

Something like this? With Mahrez free to roam across that line with Vardy playing usual advanced role

I think the reason mahrez didn't work well as a number 10 is because of the quality on the team, non of our strikers can play a fast one two pass consistently, simo doesn't overlap and drinky is mostly playing deep like a DM (how is no one in the management told him to attack more is beyond me)

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think the reason mahrez didn't work well as a number 10 is because of the quality on the team, non of our strikers can play a fast one two pass consistently, simo doesn't overlap and drinky is mostly playing deep like a DM (how is no one in the management told him to attack more is beyond me)

I seem to remember something about him playing centrally for Algeria at some point? how did he do there?

1 hour ago, MattCan said:

So, you mean we would have beaten Atletico if we didn't carry Riyad. Shish, why didn't you run to the training ground and explain it to Shakey before the game?

We would've had a better chance...

How can you even argue with proof?

Atleti didn't carry a single player over two legs, as poor as Torres was in the 1st leg and Carrasco in the 2nd, neither shirked their defensive responsibilities in either game.

Unfortunately, we had to carry Mahrez over both. Making us less defensively sound in both matches, and his inability to work and close down a cross cost us Atleti's all important away goal.

36 minutes ago, brucey said:

I seem to remember something about him playing centrally for Algeria at some point? how did he do there?

Did good because he had players Like brahimi and boudebouz who are as skillful with the ball as you can get, but sadly we have the same problem in the national, no overlapping RB and a Drinkwater type CM (not an anchor nor a box to box, sits in the same line as the DM and when he plays with bentaleb we get overrun because bentaleb is a deep laying playmaker)

Like I said before, my recommendation for a great CAM under £20 million is boudebouz, he will pretty much fix our set-piece problem.

17 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Atleti didn't carry a single player over two legs, as poor as Torres was in the 1st leg and Carrasco in the 2nd, neither shirked their defensive responsibilities in either game.

Unfortunately, we had to carry Mahrez over both. Making us less defensively sound in both matches, and his inability to work and close down a cross cost us Atleti's all important away goal.

58f8f173313e8_NickYoung.thumb.jpg.ae5f53a9690588ae10dac9f54822db40.jpg

I hope you are not talking about gray, because mahrez is a better defender

1 minute ago, the fox said:

I'm ready to hear what you have to say, go ahead.

Two words really....Atletico Madrid.

In the majority of their big games, they start with 4 center mids.

And against us, actually started with 3 center mids and a center half in there.

On 19/04/2017 at 11:17, TheMightySystem said:

Mahrez just retweeted this.

If he has or does decide to stay I will jump for joy. There's only one player who picks up the ball on the half way line that makes me get off my seat. A quality number ten to free up the double marking on him and this guy will fly again next year. Please Riyad!

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If he has or does decide to stay I will jump for joy. There's only one player who picks up the ball on the half way line that makes me get off my seat. A quality number ten to free up the double marking on him and this guy will fly again next year. Please Riyad!

I personally think we would benefit more from a quality defensive winger and he himself playing the number 10....but we will see.

His defensive game needs to improve if we want to get top 8.

4 minutes ago, Grewks said:

I personally think we would benefit more from a quality defensive winger and he himself playing the number 10....but we will see.

How about buying 8 CB this summer and play 10-0-0 with two GK? We surely be alright from a defensive point.

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

I don't think that's a bad shout actually. Personally, yes, defending is not his strongest  area but he is the example of defending from the front. When Riyad is on form, he ensures that a forward thinking rb/lb always has think twice before bombing forward. To be honest, I do think In the current set up his defensive duties should be relinquished slightly and covered by Okazaki. I would much rather have Riyad up too for a quick release than Okazaki.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

How about buying 8 CB this summer and play 10-0-0 with two GK? We surely be alright from a defensive point.

So we'll almost certainly get 38 points, we can look forward to being the new Sunderland and hovering around the drain every season

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Two words really....Atletico Madrid.

In the majority of their big games, they start with 4 center mids.

And against us, actually started with 3 center mids and a center half in there.

What's that have to do with us? We don't have the players to change the formation too much

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

People here don't respond to mind-boggling posts like this. However, when I do respond to such posts, they rush in to blame me for it.

51 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's not good enough to go anywhere else - not a big club anyway.

One season isn't good enough. Big club players do it year after year.

He'll still be here next season.

A bit harsh, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Proof? what proof? I knew Mahrez was supposed to be the secondary Simpson but I didn't know he was also supposed to be the new Fuchs or the new defense for that matter. If you rely on Mahrez to stop crosses and mark strikers against world-class teams, then you don't need him, you need 10 tall, rugged, bulky-thighed defenders eating roasted fat pigs for lunch.

Archived