Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

Pathetic how some of you are putting the blame on Mahrez. Rewatch the game and look at who was creating chances. I recall seeing all the other players just passing the ball forward hoping vardy gets it, Mahrez on the other hand was trying to make plays.

I

Once again didn't do simple easy things. Hate when he goes for stupid flicks and turns when an easy quick ball is better for the team. Puts us under so much pressure when he holds the ball too long then loses it.

And wtf was that injury at the end??? Gets up finally when we're losing and clearly nothing wrong with him....just get up and on with it. 

Seems to play every game like a pre season friendly nowadays. Doesn't commit in challenges and all seems a bit half hearted 

If it hadn't been for his antics in the first half, I'd be more forgiving. Probably the most selfish player during our first 45 minutes and had numerous chances to pass it to a team mate and failed to release the ball on time.

Much better in the second half, playing as an attacking midfielder, distributing the ball left and right.

Still, after this Champions League adventure, I'm not going to overly bicker over a good individual display in the face of an enthusiastic team performance.

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Pathetic how some of you are putting the blame on Mahrez. Rewatch the game and look at who was creating chances. I recall seeing all the other players just passing the ball forward hoping vardy gets it, Mahrez on the other hand was trying to make plays.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

lol, always the usual suspect, but not hearing anything about drinky. Enjoy the scapegoat while you can.

I don't see anyone blaming him for the result, I don't see anyone getting blame for anything cos it's not a situation where you need to apportion blame. Just commenting on his performance in his thread. Jesus wept get your head out of his arse.

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I

Pathetic to come on here calling everyone else pathetic for having a different opinion.

He's not being slated for his ability. We've seen plenty of worse players down here that are worse footballers than him. In fact, there's only a handful we've had who that doesn't apply to. But read the comments again. He's easily the least motivated player in the squad every week. The times he does create something, he wants to go alone and have the glory. We need players who give 110%, and Riyad hasn't been that all season.

Mahrez, wasn't our worse player on the pitch.  He will try things, it's his way. I hope he never changes that. His decision making this season has been lacking but that happens sometimes. Last year it was close to perfect. Only true greats (I.e Ronaldo, Messi etc) get that decision perfect 99.9% of the time. 

The question for Mahrez is whether he believes he can compete with say Griezman consistently because that's what the so called bigger clubs would expect. 

It doesn't help that while he goes away on international duty he doesn't really have great players to learn off as they are pretty poor. It doesn't help his development. His closing down on the first goal will not be accepted at the top clubs but that wasn't the main cause of the goal as I think Fuchs, as a defender should've been slightly more alert. 

I think Mahrez needs to be the main man. He is that here. Sometimes, you have to be careful what you wish for. Maybe it's hopeful thinking from me that he will stay.

9 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I don't see anyone blaming him for the result, I don't see anyone getting blame for anything cos it's not a situation where you need to apportion blame. Just commenting on his performance in his thread. 

Ahm, let's see, have a look at the last few comments and some in the match thread and tell me he isn't scapegoated.

Go comment on other players threads then, don't single him out and then be mad because people actually called you and others out.

Mahrez was good, not great but good. Put a shift in and moved the ball well, lost a couple and won others, should've passed bit earlier to vardy but that's in the past.

Just not as good as he's made out to be simply. Top notch close control but loses the ball so easily. 

He's made his nut now though and has a young family so I doubt he's too concerned about trying to improve.

Disappointing that he has so much potential but doesn't seem like he will reach it.

Could just be a poor season following the birth of a new kid, but he's been totally underwhelming the majority of the season.

13 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I don't see anyone blaming him for the result, I don't see anyone getting blame for anything cos it's not a situation where you need to apportion blame. Just commenting on his performance in his thread. Jesus wept get your head out of his arse.

It's fine to have criticism, but to criticize only one player is ridiculous. Mahrez was not the worst out there, yet he gets the most slack as per usual. Also go on the match thread, there are worse things said about him than "criticism"  

Disappointing yet again to see these Mahrez threads resurrected after every game. I really just don't see what all the negativity is about. He put a shift in tonight and played well. Without him we look average and we will end up being a long ball team like we did in the second half tonight because very few in the team can drive forward with the ball at their feet and create

Christ, some of you need a word with yourselves.

We've just watched premier league winning Leicester City narrowly miss out on a champions league semi final and there's still some of you singling out players for criticism.

Standard foxestalk is one thing but come the **** on. 

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

It's fine to have criticism, but to criticize only one player is ridiculous. Mahrez was not the worst out there, yet he gets the most slack as per usual. Also go on the match thread, there are worse things said about him than "criticism"  

I think you're being overly dramatic once more, alongside your Algerian compatriot(s).

Mahrez played well tonight, in particular in the second half, but when you're an attacking player supposed to create things, you get slated more often as opposed to a "regular" midfielder. That's the way it is. Just as much as strikers are more often criticized for not putting the ball into the net up front as opposed to a centre-back defending. Players like Mahrez have the ball more often than other players on the pitch and we've seen what he's truly capable of. It's not quite been the same this season - that's not him alone, though. The whole team underperformed for large parts this season (up until December/January). Mahrez is simply one of the few or the only one who's not fully gotten back to his usual self.

No criticism, just a conclusion.

Archived