Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

When you're man marked pretty much every game this season you're bound to struggle. Look at Hazard the other day against United. 

When we have the likes of Momo Sylla and Josh Low on the wings again you'll realise how good this guy is. When he moves into a bigger team he will show his ability. Glad to have seen him in a Leicester shirt these past 3/4 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've been saying for a while now Gray could be as good or better than Mahrez, based on this season, before this season i'd have disagreed though.

Maybe in the future, since Gray is 20 years old. But to compare them right now is ridiculous. Filipe Luis and Godin would've ate him up in seconds, pace wouldn't have been enough to get through, since they are used to dealing with the likes of Bale in their league. 

Going off the second half ...if you told me that there was a player on the pitch that likes dropping into the hole, turning and then running at the opposition defence and was worth 100m then i'd have thought you were talking about Mahrez.

Second half he was brilliant.

Just now, shailen said:

When you're man marked pretty much every game this season you're bound to struggle. Look at Hazard the other day against United. 

When we have the likes of Momo Sylla and Josh Low on the wings again you'll realise how good this guy is. When he moves into a bigger team he will show his ability. Glad to have seen him in a Leicester shirt these past 3/4 seasons.

Well said then they will have reason to moan when we look back in say 15 years we will all be saying wow remember when we had marhez 

2 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Well im 30 so its not a age thing with me you really do not no a single thing about football do you of course he can do wrong he sometimes gets me pissed off and mad when he tries taking on 3 or 4 players in his own half or makes the wrong pass but i do no 1 thing is he he the most skillfull player to ever play for us the best first touch ive ever saw of any player thats ever played for us 

Takes on 3-4 players befour running into a 5th,

does his fantastic touches but with no end product this season,

his goals and assists have been poor this season,I am fully aware what he can bring to the team,he's shown that,but I'm as fed up of all this 'he's a pleasure to watch' crap,

since our improvement in results of late,

and improvement in performances of Wes,vardy,Huth etc,

riyad hasn't improved whereby he's impacted the team or results imo,

his goal return and assist are shite,yet his touch is sublime,so everything else is irrelevant

I know this isn't the most scientific source, but WhoScored rated Mahrez as a 7.1. It's pretty interesting, he was as the second best after Vardy. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f9946b483c238d61ee5404b59ed74219.PNG

Based on these stats:

Capture.thumb.PNG.6bfd94aee592229b0d170e647331474e.PNG

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1179781/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2016-2017-Leicester-Atletico-Madrid

I recognize that stats don't tell the full story, but its still interesting nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Takes on 3-4 players befour running into a 5th,

does his fantastic touches but with no end product this season,

his goals and assists have been poor this season,I am fully aware what he can bring to the team,he's shown that,but I'm as fed up of all this 'he's a pleasure to watch' crap,

since our improvement in results of late,

and improvement in performances of Wes,vardy,Huth etc,

riyad hasn't improved whereby he's impacted the team or results imo,

his goal return and assist are shite,yet his touch is sublime,so everything else is irrelevant

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/11/antoine-griezmann-is-being-outperformed-by-riyad-mahrez-in-the-champions-league-6568588/

To be honest I am pretty sure he will leave in the summer, but if possible I don't think we should sell to an English club, even if it was for £10m less than other clubs. Not only would it spare us the pain of seeing him succeeding for another English club it would be idiotic to strengthen your competitors. 

There was a moment early on in the second half, just after he'd chased their man down on the near side and wrestled the ball off him for the throw. 

He picked the ball up and just drifted past his man and whipped a ball in. I've never seen a Leicester player just effortlessly go past anybody like that. It's moments like that, that make you believe that he could go and play for a Barcelona or a Chelsea. He's such a special player when everything's clicking for him. He's also the most frustrating but I'll be very sad to see him go when he eventually does leave. He's magic when he wants to be, a real luxury player. 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think they do or at least more do than don't i mean wouldn't you? They only work 3 hours a day. You would deffo be curious as to what the fans made of you.

Yeah I don't buy it when celebrities say they don't Google their names or check fan sites/forums.

Hi Vardy.

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think they do or at least more do than don't i mean wouldn't you? They only work 3 hours a day. You would deffo be curious as to what the fans made of you.

**** seeing what 30k a year John from Syston has to say about you when you could be spending your 100k a week living life

12 hours ago, shailen said:

This is  true , add to  this that leicester was swithcing  towards a more possesion by  ranieri by changing firmation, style and the players but since  needed more  time and the  results cant  wait he  was unlucky by the bad results so  he left and been sacked  and  mahrez was not suited to  play another season with  leucester after winning the tropohy as he  needs more quality players around him and the chsnge of  the way kricester play but as he is  loyal to the team he  stayed with the poor performabces  should have and he really had , but kante have akready  understood that he  left leicester even he  knew he  will be  seen  as  treator , so  mahrez will leave this summer just after the six games remaining in the EPL and gray will be a starter in leicester  city 

Mahrez is going to stay next season. Mark my words.

However if we don't sign an attack minded CM and/or a RB, his fate as a winger is sealed and he's very likely bound to reproduce the same shitty season he had this year. He's a player who needs movement around him and it was a tragedy yesterday in the first half to see him get the ball with two or the defenders around him and see no blue shirt near him in a 5 meter radius.

As much as he frustrated me by hogging the ball unnecessary long yesterday, he did well in second half behind the two strikers. Anyone who doesn't have a pile of crap in the eyes or isn't letting their bias get in the way of facts will see that he was in command and orchestrating the attacks in the last twenty five yards. Freed from defensive duties, being nearer to the game, to Vardy and having a whirlwind in Chillwell on the left as well as Albrighton on the right, he could at last show more of what he's capable of.

If Shakey goes the 3-4-1-2 route once again this season we could see the Mahrez of last season.

Granted it wasn't his best game and I'm still disappointed because it was for him the game where he should have shined, anyone slagging him off should stop watching football and go see some marathon runs, There the miles ran actually count for something.

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Going off the second half ...if you told me that there was a player on the pitch that likes dropping into the hole, turning and then running at the opposition defence and was worth 100m then i'd have thought you were talking about Mahrez.

Second half he was brilliant.

Look at Griezmann, Not saying he is as good because he ain't but play him in that positions with the right players and it doesn't matter if he loses the ball 2 in every 3 times because you know that 1 time he doesn't all hell will break loose in the opposition defence.

I have to admit he does frustrate me on occasions but you have to recognise what he brings to us.

Archived