Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

9 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

All of a sudden the Tory boys are all about honesty in politics lol

Yeah you have got us there, a bit inconsistent tbf.

Whereas you guys, (hats off to you by the way) you don’t care about Gitmo but it’s just important it looks like you do. Which of course is entirely consistent with your default.

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

To pretend you're going to close down Guantanamo Bay and not or say you're not going to shut it down and don't. The results are the same but one side's told the truth, the other's lied and yet Trump's the bad guy in this situation?

Did obama lie or did the Republican houses stop him, as they did with much of his programme?

22 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I thought it was that Obama, when faced with the intelligence reports on the dangers these guys posed, realised he couldn't release the inmates. 

No, he was still trying to get the reforms done in 2016/2017. A combination of Republican opposition nationally, coupled with individual states refusing to take prisoners, as they'd have had to, was to blame.

That said, he didn't win over the liberals either as he still tacitly supported military courts and, in some cases, unlimited detention, just on the us mainland.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yes

So its just blind prejudice? That's fair enough, we all do that at times. As long as no one kids themselves on that they're on a higher moral plane I can live with that.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah you have got us there, a bit inconsistent tbf.

Whereas you guys, (hats off to you by the way) you don’t care about Gitmo but it’s just important it looks like you do. Which of course is entirely consistent with your default.

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

Had to Google Gitmo just to see what you were on about. Don't think I've expressed an opinion on it ever, neither online nor in real life.

If the issue is that Obama said he would close it but didn't, then asking why is perfectly valid and if he hasn't got a good answer then he should be criticised for not delivering on something he said he would do.

Likewise when people ask why the Tories backed down on their promise for examples to electrify the rail lines and then cancelled huge chunks of the work two weeks after being elected, people were entitled to ask why and when the Tories just sat there smirking they were rightly criticised by the likes of myself, but as usual were defended aggressively by their foot soldiers. Same foot soldiers now applying completely opposite standards to Obama.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Had to Google Gitmo just to see what you were on about. Don't think I've expressed an opinion on it ever, neither online nor in real life.

If the issue is that Obama said he would close it but didn't, then asking why is perfectly valid and if he hasn't got a good answer then he should be criticised for not delivering on something he said he would do.

Likewise when people ask why the Tories backed down on their promise for examples to electrify the rail lines and then cancelled huge chunks of the work two weeks after being elected, people were entitled to ask why and when the Tories just sat there smirking they were rightly criticised by the likes of myself, but as usual were defended aggressively by their foot soldiers. Same foot soldiers now applying completely opposite standards to Obama.

Whilst the tories were rightly criticised by heroes like yourself, Obama is rightly criticised by the Tory foot soldiers and defended by people with whataboutism tactics. You’re quick enough here to attack the tories but haven’t said what you think about Obama’s failure apart from its similarities to Tory failures that you’ve criticised.

32 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

I've not criticised Obama, just pointing out the hypocrisy in the hysterical virtue signalling that happens every time Trump does anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Whilst the tories were rightly criticised by heroes like yourself, Obama is rightly criticised by the Tory foot soldiers and defended by people with whataboutism tactics. You’re quick enough here to attack the tories but haven’t said what you think about Obama’s failure apart from its similarities to Tory failures that you’ve criticised.

Has anyone asked him why he didn't close it? 

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Has anyone asked him why he didn't close it? 

4 hours ago, toddybad said:

No, he was still trying to get the reforms done in 2016/2017. A combination of Republican opposition nationally, coupled with individual states refusing to take prisoners, as they'd have had to, was to blame.

That said, he didn't win over the liberals either as he still tacitly supported military courts and, in some cases, unlimited detention, just on the us mainland.

23 minutes ago, toddybad said:

So it's essentially because he was blocked. He wanted to do it and put a reasonable amount of effort into trying to do it yet couldn't due to the way that the US system works.

Hopefully we can all see that it's completely different from reneging on promises for no reason without having put any effort at all into making them happen.

8 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

So it's essentially because he was blocked. He wanted to do it and put a reasonable amount of effort into trying to do it yet couldn't due to the way that the US system works.

Hopefully we can all see that it's completely different from reneging on promises for no reason without having put any effort at all into making them happen.

Trump wouldn’t have let that stop him.

Close it?

Trump promised to fill it with some bad dudes and he needs to carry it out, letting terrorists walk the streets is so Obama.

I'd rather these bastards were rotting in Cuba than blowing up kids.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Close it?

Trump promised to fill it with some bad dudes and he needs to carry it out, letting terrorists walk the streets is so Obama.

I'd rather these bastards were rotting in Cuba than blowing up kids.

Yeah it’s the without trial bit that bothers me, I’ve no problem with the rest of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah it’s the without trial bit that bothers me, I’ve no problem with the rest of it.

To be honest, in a war zone it should just be a bullet in the back of the head and no one knows.

Would have saved us from that bastard Mo Begg as well.

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Trump has been blocked on pretty much everything hasn't he?

Got his tax reforms through.

America is going to absolutely boom on the back of it.