Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Just now, Buce said:

His security doesn’t make him blind or deaf, and if it’s a State visit he gets to ride through horse guards parade or something, doesn’t he?

He might do, depends on what his current ego tolerance is towards people that don't like him at the time, I guess. 

He could easily do blacked out decoy limos all the way, just a question of how he'll balance that with feeling that it's necessary because most folks in the area don't like him.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

His security doesn’t make him blind or deaf, and if it’s a State visit he gets to ride through horse guards parade or something, doesn’t he?

And they'll shove the protestors half a mile away like they did a lot of Chinese exiles when they tried to make their feelings known.

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Like it or not trumpet is in control of the most powerful country in the world. As if he's gonna give a flying **** about some lefties holding up a few homemade posters chanting "Trump is evil!". lol

Image result for trump is a cunt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Like it or not trumpet is in control of the most powerful country in the world. As if he's gonna give a flying **** about some lefties holding up a few homemade posters chanting "Trump is evil!". lol

It’s enough for me just knowing that he’s oblivious that his name means to pass wind.  :crylaugh:

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Evidently, he does or he would have arranged a visit (like coming to the embassy opening) before now unless there's another reason for him not wanting to make the trip?

38 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

But he does care. He clearly does care, that's why he's been crying about it.

He's a bit of a precious snowflake, is our Trump.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42867076

It's like the Cold War never ended for folks like this - and also whoever their Russian/Chinese counterparts are.

Have you read Tim Marshall’s Prisoners of Geography? 

Its a great book first of all, but it also highlights the serious threat China is to the US’s through its soft power and to lesser extent its emerging military. Note in the piece it mentions China’s ‘economic weight.’

My simplified understanding (via Marshall) is the USA act as a protectorate for a lot of countries and have military bases and the like on many overseas territories - but the lack of threat (war) over recent years and the need for financial support from countries has seen China becoming a bigger player in geo-politics.

On 29/01/2018 at 22:18, Innovindil said:

He won’t have liked this - and wouldn’t put it past Lee Nelson to get him again!

• Haha 1

State of the Union address happening, in the meantime...

Introducing new appointee to the Department of Justice top environmental attorneyship, Jeffrey Bossert Clark. Past exploits include representing BP in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in order to attempt to cover up the extent of the damage, and has represented the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in lawsuits challenging the federal government's authority to regulate carbon emissions. In court, he has repeatedly argued that it is inappropriate to base government policymaking on the scientific consensus presented by the IPCC. His view is, and I quote, "When did America risk coming to be ruled by foreign scientists and apparatchiks at the United Nations?"

Sparkling.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Oh, and Gitmo is staying open. Gotta meet that UNCHR violations quota, after all...

Staying open? I thought Obama promised to shut it down if he ever got elected?

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Staying open? I thought Obama promised to shut it down if he ever got elected?

Yup, and should have done so while he had a friendly House and Senate early doors. Bad that he didn't.

Not really surprising that Trump is making no such moves even in words though, is it?

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yup, and should have done so while he had a friendly House and Senate early doors. Bad that he didn't.

Not really surprising that Trump is making no such moves even in words though, is it?

At least he's honest about it.

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

At least he's honest about it.

I remember this being said when he gave the order to pull out of the Paris Agreement too. Can't really understand the argument, to be honest.

Is doing something heinous somehow less heinous when someone is being "straight up" about it rather than using either incompetence or subterfuge when the end result is the same?

"Oh, he's fvcking us over but at least he's honest about it."

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I remember this being said when he gave the order to pull out of the Paris Agreement too. Can't really understand the argument, to be honest.

Is doing something heinous somehow less heinous when someone is being "straight up" about it rather than using either incompetence or subterfuge when the end result is the same?

"Oh, he's fvcking us over but at least he's honest about it."

To pretend you're going to close down Guantanamo Bay and not or say you're not going to shut it down and don't. The results are the same but one side's told the truth, the other's lied and yet Trump's the bad guy in this situation?

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

To pretend you're going to close down Guantanamo Bay and not or say you're not going to shut it down and don't. The results are the same but one side's told the truth, the other's lied and yet Trump's the bad guy in this situation?

If Obama wasn’t the first black president of the USA, he would be derided by both sides for his tenure.

Just now, Webbo said:

In this regard they're both equally culpable for that place staying open IMO - Trump is no worse than Obama on that score. I mentioned it purely as a piece of totally unsurprising news regarding foreign policy of this administration.

FWIW I'm not that interested in words when compared to deeds from leaders (again, the result is the same) and Obama did some pretty nasty stuff - Yemen being another. The guy certainly was no angel.

However in my mind, Trump could be the most socially liberal, gay-friendly, immigrant-friendly and womens-rights-friendly President in history and his views on "clean coal" and scientific policy, in general, would still override all of that.

Anyhow...what did folks make of the SoU address (if they saw it) and the Clark appointment?