Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

So Trump has ordered his first overseas military action - with missiles hitting an air base in Syria.

Dropping chemical weapons on your people is a disgrace. Guy is a absolute cvnt and needs to be taken out

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Dropping chemical weapons on your people is a disgrace. Guy is a absolute cvnt and needs to be taken out

Quite sad to say this... but this is only true if you're pretty certain on what replaces the thing you 'take out'. 

That said - I'm not suprised at this news, his comments earlier in the day of "we've got to do something" was a massive giveaway. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Quite sad to say this... but this is only true if you're pretty certain on what replaces the thing you 'take out'. 

That said - I'm not suprised at this news, his comments earlier in the day of "we've got to do something" was a massive giveaway. 

Ya i recognize removing him  creates a major unknown so if the goal is to remove him then you have to have a plan to help the country  move forward.  

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Ya i recognize removing him  creates a major unknown so if the goal is to remove him then you have to have a plan to help the country  move forward.  

Yes - but I don't see Trump having much of a plan overall in terms of Syria. 

For me, it's a response that's reasonably easy to justify given what's gone on, that's likely to have decent traction with the public in the US and allows Trump to dick wave at Russia, Iran, VigChina, North Korea and whoever else he wants to wave it at.

• Like 1

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yes - but I don't see Trump having much of a plan overall in terms of Syria. 

For me, it's a response that's reasonably easy to justify given what's gone on, that's likely to have decent traction with the public in the US and allows Trump to dick wave at Russia, Iran, VigChina, North Korea and whoever else he wants to wave it at.

Ya I can't disagree with that statement.

The Syria situation is very sad. I am pleased that the US seems to be taking action. 

However, not to get all tinfoil hat, I am concerned that this is a diversion, an attempt to prove that Trump is not in cahoots with Russia. It's good that they phoned Russia beforehand to make sure their troops were not in the airbase at the time. It really would have been problematic if a Russian citizen was killed. And that's kind of where my narrative on them trying to prove they are not working with Russia falls down, except that it really could have caused a world crisis (beyond the Syria crisis itself).

• Like 1

Stinks off a false flag tbh, it makes no sense whatsoever for Assad to use these weapons in the current situation. By all accounts the 'rebels' have been pushed back and the regime were winning the war.

The speed in which the US responded also concerns me, there is no objective source for these allegations and you shouldn't act on a hunch imo. I agree that Trump has probably done this mostly because of the Russia allegations. He was caught in a trap and now has torpedoed is presidency. Most of his base was against further foreign interventions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

Stinks off a false flag tbh, it makes no sense whatsoever for Assad to use these weapons in the current situation. By all accounts the 'rebels' have been pushed back and the regime were winning the war.

The speed in which the US responded also concerns me, there is no objective source for these allegations and you shouldn't act on a hunch imo. I agree that Trump has probably done this mostly because of the Russia allegations. He was caught in a trap and now has torpedoed is presidency. Most of his base was against further foreign interventions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

56 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

The US and Russians have enough military capability in and around to know what happened originally. 

Pretty destructive though to slam 59 dead cats into Syria.

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The US and Russians have enough military capability in and around to know what happened originally. 

Pretty destructive though to slam 59 dead cats into Syria.

Into a Military base, after warning Russia... who are allies with Syria...

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

The Syria situation is very sad. I am pleased that the US seems to be taking action. 

However, not to get all tinfoil hat, I am concerned that this is a diversion, an attempt to prove that Trump is not in cahoots with Russia. It's good that they phoned Russia beforehand to make sure their troops were not in the airbase at the time. It really would have been problematic if a Russian citizen was killed. And that's kind of where my narrative on them trying to prove they are not working with Russia falls down, except that it really could have caused a world crisis (beyond the Syria crisis itself).

It's possible that this is true, and also possible that he's starting something because he knows what a good war does to approval ratings and future reelection prospects. That being said, that particular move is rather passe now and not all of his voter base do indeed like the idea (though I disagree with the assertion that a significant majority are; quite a large proportion, I imagine, would be fine with the idea of him sticking it to 'the Muslims', no matter what the circumstance.)

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Reading this thread you'd think it was Trump that used Sarin on his own people.

Has it been proven conclusively that Assad did? I don't buy the Russian/Syrian excuse about it either, but figuring out exactly who is lying is more difficult than might be first thought.

And this is the Trump thread, after all - if he's going to try for a bit of realpolitik point-scoring then it's going to get discussed here.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Has it been proven conclusively that Assad did? I don't buy the Russian/Syrian excuse about it either, but figuring out exactly who is lying is more difficult than might be first thought.

And this is the Trump thread, after all - if he's going to try for a bit of realpolitik point-scoring then it's going to get discussed here.

Where's the Assad thread? A leader, for the second time, uses nerve gas against his own people and there's not a mention. Trump does what Obama promised to do but bottled out of doing and it's him who's the bad guy.

I know I'll be accused of being a Trump supporter, I'm not, I'm indifferent to him. Lets just have a little perspective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Where's the Assad thread? A leader, for the second time, uses nerve gas against his own people and there's not a mention. Trump does what Obama promised to do but bottled out of doing and it's him who's the bad guy.

I know I'll be accused of being a Trump supporter, I'm not, I'm indifferent to him. Lets just have a little perspective.

FWIW I think it's highly likely that Assad did use nerve gas (though it was unproven conclusively last time too) but this is just political posturing to ensure Trump doesn't appear too buddy-buddy with the Russians, rather than any humanitarian concern.

In any case, I agree with maintaining a little perspective as all of this is irrelevant compared to the energy/environmental policy of this current administration that has the potential to reach the entire world, so that is a topic on which indifference isn't necessarily a good thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

FWIW I think it's highly likely that Assad did use nerve gas (though it was unproven conclusively last time too) but this is just political posturing to ensure Trump doesn't appear too buddy-buddy with the Russians, rather than any humanitarian concern.

You're making an assumption based on prejudice rather than fact. I think it's safe to say that American intelligence will know more about what happened than they're telling us. If this had been another President there wouldn't be half the fuss. 

It's the blatant hypocrisy that annoys me. It's only a couple of weeks since hundreds of civilians (including women and kids) died in Mosul from 'conventional' bombs dropped by the Yanks, but apparently that kind of death is an acceptable one.

Meanwhile, our govt continues to sell arms to Saudi for them to continue to bomb civilians in Yemen.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's possible that this is true, and also possible that he's starting something because he knows what a good war does to approval ratings and future reelection prospects. That being said, that particular move is rather passe now and not all of his voter base do indeed like the idea (though I disagree with the assertion that a significant majority are; quite a large proportion, I imagine, would be fine with the idea of him sticking it to 'the Muslims', no matter what the circumstance.)

They are hardly the most sophisticated group, and have shown they are as flexible with their ideologies as he is.