Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Show me where we/me are blaming Donald Trump for North Korea testing missiles? :dunno:

Just because you're a closet Trump lover doesn't mean that his brash stupid incompetence has become any less boring for the rest of us. In fact I'd rather keep it in the limelight CNN style - lest not we forget!

It's just bizarre to see North Korea dropping nuclear bombs and the first thing people get angry and upset about is another tweet from Donald Trump. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one starting to find it a bit weird. 

Just now, MattP said:

It's just bizarre to see North Korea dropping nuclear bombs and the first thing people get angry and upset about is another tweet from Donald Trump. 

Tbf that is a bit weird if it really is the first thing they're getting upset about.  Finding his tweets cringeworthy and unbefitting of his office is a perfectly valid opinion to hold nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Whatever - but that's not how you span it.

And NK are not 'dropping nuclear bombs' they are testing missiles and posturing. And it's time for political action by politicians who are competent. And he ain't.

And you 'not being the only one' to find something weird doesn't mean anything except you are aligning yourself with other people who clearly can't read. And you are better than that buddy.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Because there is the idea that despite them developing nukes and mostly failing missile tests the NK's seem perfectly content with merely brutally oppressing their own citizenry. (And yes, something should be done about that but if there is an option that doesn't cost countless thousands of lives I'd like to hear it.)

The foreign policy decisions of this administration in response to that, however (or what Trump thinks they should be through his Tweets) are felt around the world.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whatever - but that's not how you span it.

And NK are not 'dropping nuclear bombs' they are testing missiles and posturing. And it's time for political action by politicians who are competent. And he ain't.

And you 'not being the only one' to find something weird doesn't mean anything except you are aligning yourself with other people who clearly can't read. And you are better than that buddy.

Isn't that pretty much what he suggested? Asking China to finally do something about this?

I don't remember anyone complaining about this when Obama was in office, now all of a sudden something has to be done and Trump is a joke for suggesting so.

Sorry you can't see it mate, but the agenda is becoming absolutely ridiculous to anyone not in the everything and anything is Trump's fault crowd.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Isn't that pretty much what he suggested? Asking China to finally do something about this?

I don't remember anyone complaining about this when Obama was in office, now all of a sudden something has to be done and Trump is a joke for suggesting so.

Sorry you can't see it mate, but the agenda is becoming absolutely ridiculous to anyone not in the everything and anything is Trump's fault crowd.

Sorry I can't see it? lol 

Nobody is blaming Trump for anything - stop being a dick!

What they are doing is questioning his competence and advocacy skills as solutions to global problems are not resolved by locker room style tweets - it's embarrassing and just plain crazy.

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sorry I can't see it? lol 

Nobody is blaming Trump for anything - stop being a dick!

What they are doing is questioning his competence and advocacy skills as solutions to global problems are not resolved by locker room style tweets - it's embarrassing and just plain crazy.

He should learn to throw a basketball and jig around the Whitehouse to a bit of doo-wop - he could get away with whatever he wanted then. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

He should learn to throw a basketball and jig around the Whitehouse to a bit of doo-wop - he could get away with whatever he wanted then. 

Honestly, I'd have thought you were better than that, Matt.

OK, let's rewind a bit here. Rather than going on about peoples reactions to the negative stuff Trump has done, what in your view has he done do far in his tenure that is worthy of praise? Let's talk about that.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's just bell-end speak and perhaps the truth is that your not better than that.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Honestly, I'd have thought you were better than that, Matt.

OK, let's rewind a bit here. Rather than going on about peoples reactions to the negative stuff Trump has done, what in your view has he done do far in his tenure that is worthy of praise? Let's talk about that.

Come on mate cut out the sanctimonious stuff, it's a joke about how Obama could get away with anything as he was "cool".

@Darkon84 posted thus a couple of pages ago....

By 2020, he'll have saved the White House Budget $22 million, saving $5 million per year compared to Obama. 

He's still not taking the $400,000 salary.

Ivanka and her husband have both also turned down their salaries.

There are 110 fewer staffers than under the previous administration (whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen though, I'll admit that).

Melania has only 5 staffers to help her, compared to Michelle Obamas (rightly criticised) 24 consultants, advisers, schedulers, directors etc.

I'd never dream of judging someone after just a few months though, when we see the growth, employment figures etc we can judge him properly in a couple of years.

Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't vote for him but this whole armageddon that was supposed to happen under him isnt coming to fruition is it?

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

That's just bell-end speak and perhaps the truth is that your not better than that.

I'm so evil.

Guest MattP
Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I'm guessing you've been drinking because it's like you think you're sounded way cooler than the crap your posting.

I'm sober. I'll never make a joke about Barack Obama again honest.

Anyway I'm off now to chant "Trump/Tory scum" and call Theresa May a bitch to show I'm really a good caring person.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Come on mate cut out the sanctimonious stuff, it's a joke about how Obama could get away with anything as he was "cool".

@Darkon84 posted thus a couple of pages ago....

By 2020, he'll have saved the White House Budget $22 million, saving $5 million per year compared to Obama. 

He's still not taking the $400,000 salary.

Ivanka and her husband have both also turned down their salaries.

There are 110 fewer staffers than under the previous administration (whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen though, I'll admit that).

Melania has only 5 staffers to help her, compared to Michelle Obamas (rightly criticised) 24 consultants, advisers, schedulers, directors etc.

I'd never dream of judging someone after just a few months though, when we see the growth, employment figures etc we can judge him properly in a couple of years.

Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't vote for him but this whole armageddon that was supposed to happen under him isnt coming to fruition is it?

Must have misread the tone then.

Some decent microeconomic stuff there and it's good that some money is being saved in various ways. It's also true that from the macroeconomic front it's only in a few years that the results of that policy will be known.

In fact, the ambiguity over the economic stuff is a pretty good reason why a lot of folks are focusing right now on his social, foreign and science/environmental policy - three areas which (barring his continued support for NASA) he and his administration seem to be sadly wanting at the present time. There's already been rollback of rights legislation in various places (or bills proposing it) and we've already talked about the pollution/Paris issues, for instance. They have the potential for far-reaching consequences - not armageddon (probably, at least not by themselves) but still.

Guest MattP
Just now, leicsmac said:

Must have misread the tone then.

Some decent microeconomic stuff there and it's good that some money is being saved in various ways. It's also true that from the macroeconomic front it's only in a few years that the results of that policy will be known.

In fact, the ambiguity over the economic stuff is a pretty good reason why a lot of folks are focusing right now on his social, foreign and science/environmental policy - three areas which (barring his continued support for NASA) he and his administration seem to be sadly wanting at the present time. There's already been rollback of rights legislation in various places (or bills proposing it) and we've already talked about the pollution/Paris issues, for instance. They have the potential for far-reaching consequences - not armageddon (probably, at least not by themselves) but still.

Has he done anything yet that he didn't promise to do?

One of things people might be finding so strange about this is he's actually trying to implement what he was elected to do.

lol what the hell has been going on in here?! 

Some of the over reactions here are exactly what was feared and mentioned by some, including myself, after and since the election. Consider this ..... If every tweet and every single thing he says is met with hysteria and outrage  turned all the way up to 11, what's going to happen when/if he really does fvck up and needs to be held accountable? There's nowhere to go from 11 and by constantly going over the top, you run the risk of desensitising people to it. Its like the boy who cried wolf. Some people and the media really should consider that. I think it's a genuine problem and cause for concern.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm sober. I'll never make a joke about Barack Obama again honest.

Anyway I'm off now to chant "Trump/Tory scum" and call Theresa May a bitch to show I'm really a good caring person.

Because that's what I do? 

You are are being a tool - end of. I've seen you have hissy fits and leave the forum for less rubbish that you are directing at me.

Have a nice evening. 

lol 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Has he done anything yet that he didn't promise to do?

One of things people might be finding so strange about this is he's actually trying to implement what he was elected to do.

That's true.

TBH I've made that point in a roundabout way before and I should have made it clearer - I don't really blame him much, because Trump is merely a reflection of the attitudes many Americans have (a decent swath of the voting population). What happens now is on their heads, really - especially when the attitudes of those people, either through ignorance or flat out malice, ends up shaping policy that affects everyone. 

Just now, Darkon84 said:

Some of the over reactions here are exactly what was feared and mentioned by some, including myself, after and since the election. Consider this ..... If every tweet and every single thing he says is met with hysteria and outrage  turned all the way up to 11, what's going to happen when/if he really does fvck up and needs to be held accountable? There's nowhere to go from 11 and by constantly going over the top, you run the risk of desensitising people to it. Its like the boy who cried wolf. Some people and the media really should consider that. I think it's a genuine problem and cause for concern.

I think you're right, but at the end of the boy who cried wolf the wolf does indeed come and everyone is screwed.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

So do I. The more I see of it the more batshit crazy it gets.

There was a girl on Sky News earlier saying Trump was exercising "aggressive masculinity" at the G20, all I could see was him shaking hands on a stage.

Macron then barged his way to the front of the picture and not a peep from anyone.

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I think you're right, but at the end of the boy who cried wolf the wolf does indeed come and everyone is screwed.

Oh yea, there's no doubt he'll fvck up at some point, every president or pm does, but it then becomes a point if how it's handled. If this hysteria continues over tiny little things, when the big one comes, people just won't care because they've heard so much constant outrage and then you get the danger that he won't be properly held accountable etc. Its a worrying trend which is on the rise here too against the current government. The last few years have really put some huge chasms between people and their beliefs.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

There was a girl on Sky News earlier saying Trump was exercising "aggressive masculinity" at the G20, all I could see was him shaking hands on a stage.

Macron then barged his way to the front of the picture and not a peep from 

Aggressive masculinity? lol thats another thing that does my head in, things like that. Was he asserting his white, CIS gendered male priviledge aswell? 

I've not seen that, but I'll keep a lookout. Once again, the hypocrisy continues. 

Edited by Darkon84

Oh yea, there's no doubt he'll fvck up at some point, every president or pm does, but it then becomes a point if how it's handled. If this hysteria continues over tiny little things, when the big one comes, people just won't care because they've heard so much constant outrage. Its a worrying trend which is on the rise here too against the current government. The last few years have really put some huge chasms between people and their beliefs.

Aggressive masculinity? lol thats another thing that does my head in, things like that. Was he asserting his white, CIS gendered male priviledge aswell? 

I've not seen that, but I'll keep a lookout. Once again, the hypocrisy continues. 

AFAIC if/when the excrement hits the windmill through some aspect of policy of this administration then that and the response to it will be the responsibility of the administration and them alone - no one else.

They formed the policy and it's up to them and them alone to make it work regardless of the response of others.

Just now, leicsmac said:

AFAIC if/when the excrement hits the windmill through some aspect of policy of this administration then that and the response to it will be the responsibility of the administration and them alone - no one else.

They formed the policy and it's up to them and them alone to make it work regardless of the response of others.

Whilst that's still correct, I think it's important to have a correctly informed public who are also able to hold politcians etc accountable. We're seeing prtests, marches etc etc all the bloody time and when done properly and for a reason worthy enough, they carry weight. If/when the big one occurs, the people should be heard too, but the way things are carrying on now, the peoples voice loses power.

I've probably not worded that great, as im on the phone at the same time, but i think you get my point. I think we're both near enough on the same page anyway...basically, the constant over the top reactions to things which probably dont warrant that much of a reaction, doesn't help anyone. 

Think it's time to nip out for a pint anyway. Look out for a drunken rant later lol  

Whilst that's still correct, I think it's important to have a correctly informed public who are also able to hold politcians etc accountable. We're seeing prtests, marches etc etc all the bloody time and when done properly and for a reason worthy enough, they carry weight. If/when the big one occurs, the people should be heard too, but the way things are carrying on now, the peoples voice loses power.

I've probably not worded that great, as im on the phone at the same time, but i think you get my point. I think we're both near enough on the same page anyway...basically, the constant over the top reactions to things which probably dont warrant that much of a reaction, doesn't help anyone. 

Think it's time to nip out for a pint anyway. Look out for a drunken rant later lol  

Yeah, I think we're broadly in agreement, but I think we differ in that I think important events don't lose relevance in terms of responsibility simply because supposedly unimportant matters get a reaction too. I consider the way people react to the unimportant stuff totally separate in that respect.

I'd give anything to have a correctly informed public, but sadly there's always going to be arguments on what defines "correctly-informed" - I mean, there are people who can shape policy who think the Earth is 6000 years old, for instance.

I see Trump didn't try that Middle Management 101 Power Handshake that he normally does with other leaders with Putin.

Shame as I would have liked to have seen Putin rip his arm out his socket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Macron then barged his way to the front of the picture and not a peep from anyone.

So what is batshit crazy and blind idiocy is to see  something on TV then attribute those values to people who you see to be of a politically similar persuasion and pass that off as reason to challenge them about it.

Thats what makes your whole argument construct in this thread plain daft, silly and a little bit stupidly dark and odd.

Do you have the footage of Macron barging his way to the front Trump style or is that just a weird projection too like the rest of the crap you've churned out tonight in an attempt to put a slant on stuff and justify your closet far right stance on the world that you haven't got the balls to come out and admit? 

• Like 1