Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

The whole is actually a little bit scary when I look at the picture this morning. 

A picture of them all together and you realise the problems we face.

With Putin, Kim, Erdogan etc we have probably the most critical stage of world politics in years, in terms of foreign policy it's the most important era ever and we have a man in the Whitehouse, a women in Downing Street and a man in the Elysees palace in Trump, May and Macron who all know very little about foreign policy and have never worked in it.

Maybe I have a little liberal bias but I think Macron seems to be aware of the scale of the issues and he's trying to knock some sense into Trump, but as you say he's very inexperienced. Erdogan is terrifying, he's taken Turkey back centuries in the past couple of years, isn't there talk that he staged the coup last year to push through new laws? Plus the guy clearly makes it difficult for forces fighting ISIS. Putin is obviously an abhorrent man and Kim is insane. It needs calm heads and people with a bit of substance which is where Merkel and Macron are exceptionally important and why Mrs May despite Brexit needs to keep a close relationship with these leaders.  

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Maybe I have a little liberal bias but I think Macron seems to be aware of the scale of the issues and he's trying to knock some sense into Trump, but as you say he's very inexperienced. Erdogan is terrifying, he's taken Turkey back centuries in the past couple of years, isn't there talk that he staged the coup last year to push through new laws? Plus the guy clearly makes it difficult for forces fighting ISIS. Putin is obviously an abhorrent man and Kim is insane. It needs calm heads and people with a bit of substance which is where Merkel and Macron are exceptionally important and why Mrs May despite Brexit needs to keep a close relationship with these leaders.  

I've not seen anything from Macron so far to suggest he's capable of anything but we'll soon find out. The biggest credit I'll give him though is he realises just how important a strong economy is to the stability of a country.

I think and hope May will do that, I don't think anyone wants to fall out with Europe and it's leaders, we want a strong relationship, just not a political union.

Guest MattP

This is pretty funny. 

Guy makes a speech comprising only of Hitler quotes and gets applauded by anti-Trump activists lol

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is pretty funny. 

Guy makes a speech comprising only of Hitler quotes and gets applauded by anti-Trump activists lol

:rolleyes:

Planks.

Just goes to show that idiot authoritarianism isn't a uniquely right-wing concept, as I'm sure most are aware.

A couple of interesting Russia-related tidbits, though again it's unlikely things will reach critical mass:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40552130

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40552571

The issue of international relations with Russia seems to be the one issue on which most of the US government isn't split along party lines - everyone seems to have their own opinion about what should be done.

Hilarious that Jr. has admitted to meeting with a Russian Lawyer (strong Kremlin links of course) because she said she had info on the Hilary campaign. His defense... that she didn't actually have any useful information. 

"Yes Officer, I did break in and try to rob the bank, but there wasn't any money in the vault."

First solid public evidence of the campaign colluding with Russians.

My question is, what position does that put the 'Steele dossier' in? 

From what I can gather, the difference seems to be that some Republicans against Trump funded an investigation in to Trump using a US firm, but they dropped funding after he was nominated. Then some Democrats began funding it, and when their website was hacked the US firm hired Steele's company to investigate any Russian links. So Steele's involvement wasn't as a direct hire, and was more related to the Democrats being hacked by Russians, rather than trying to find out dirt on Trump, unlike the interactions between Trump's inner circle and the Russian Lawyer.

• Like 2

On 09/07/2017 at 14:36, MattP said:

This is pretty funny. 

They were just relieved he'd shut up and clapped him off to be polite. 

Dead silence while he was speaking - they knew something wasn't quite right. 

So I was watching the news at 2am and heard that there is or was emails evidence of Trumps son and the British ex spy fella and a Russian lawyer having dialogue during the campaign that's been seen by three people and that the congressional inquiry are pretty interested...

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

So this is the concrete evidence of collusion then?

It would break electoral law I think as I'm certain you aren't allowed to meet representatives from foreign countries with the intent of campaigning on what they produce.

Although it happens from all sides, you think the Clinton team wouldn't have met someone from say, Canada if they didnt claim to have some good shit on Trump?

Of course they would.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

It would break electoral law I think as I'm certain you aren't allowed to meet representatives from foreign countries with the intent of campaigning on what they produce.

Although it happens from all sides, you think the Clinton team wouldn't have met someone from say, Canada if they didnt claim to have some good shit on Trump?

Of course they would.

Absolutely they would, but that wont hold up in a trial, the Trumps are still guilty. To be honest I still can't see the Republicans choosing to impeach Trump yet. The whole thing stinks and hopefully this will well and truly drain the swamp.

Edited by Lionator

Guest MattP
Just now, Lionator said:

Absolutely they would, but that wont hold up in a trial, the Trumps are still guilty. To be honest I still can't see the Republicans choosing to impeach Trump yet. The whole thing stinks and hopefully this will well and truly drain the swamp.

This is Donald Trump Jnr; not Donald Trump.

He's in big trouble though. 

Of course they would.

That and all the security clearances they didn't include the meeting on...

They keep going back and changing them to add more meetings that they 'forgot'. That can only go on for so long before someone just comes and says they lied on their forms. And that is a big offence.

Plus the whole Mueller investigation started to see if there was collusion with a foreign adversary (Russia) they have all denied it vehemently, this shows there was. Why lie if it isn't illegal or an issue?

And with how clueless Trump is/acts it is 100% believable that he wouldn't know what his inner circle was doing.

Still, I bet there are some recordings out there and there is evidence he knew about collusion.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

That and all the security clearances they didn't include the meeting on...

They keep going back and changing them to add more meetings that they 'forgot'. That can only go on for so long before someone just comes and says they lied on their forms. And that is a big offence.

Plus the whole Mueller investigation started to see if there was collusion with a foreign adversary (Russia) they have all denied it vehemently, this shows there was. Why lie if it isn't illegal or an issue?

Well to put it simply they are liars.

I can't remember the last honest politician the USA had leading one of the major two parties, probably Barry Goldwater and he was a right bastard and didn't care. 

Well to put it simply they are liars.

I can't remember the last honest politician the USA had leading one of the major two parties, probably Barry Goldwater and he was a right bastard and didn't care. 

That's all politicians!

But this is a bit more serious. From what I understand, the Intelligence Community takes the security clearance forms seriously.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Doesn't matter does it... looks awful either way. And the problem Trump has is the longer this goes on, the more people will just assume there's something to this - before it gets anywhere near to actual criminal or impeachment proceedings. Whatever he's tried, he's not been able to shut it down.

And let's say for instance his son ends up taking the hit and he escapes - surely his reputation and credibility across America would be shot anyway? Look how poorly people thought of Ed Milliband for running against his brother - this would be even worse. 

Ultimately, all of this probably has ages to run, but if it's still around by the time midterms are in focus, this could lead to the Republicans losing the house... and given how Trump Snr campaigned against Hillary, he'll have a hell of time trying to win another election with this issue hanging around him, given a lot of Americans will still think of the Russian's as Cold War enemies.