Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

On 6/6/2017 at 17:52, Webbo said:

Well they would buy them from someone else so it would be pointless. If the Saudi govt fell there'd be an ISIS type govt to replace them, blackmailing the world by threatening to with hold oil supplies. At least we have a little bit of influence over atm.

Why would you want to make a pointless gesture that will cost jobs and would probably make things worse?

Say there's a wrong-un in your community. He wants to stab someone. Call this person Yemy. He asks you for a knife to stab Yemy. And you'd say "He'll buy it from someone else anyway. Besides I'm not that close to Yemy. Here. It's a fiver."?

I know this isn't how you think of it. But how is selling Saudi Arabia weapons to kill people from Yemen any different?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It appears to me to be a rather tit for tat, battle fought around the fringes situation that is achieving not a lot for both sides. 

Guest MattP
7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely ridiculous, silly tit for thar politics.

Ironically I'll bet he himself has visited places with far worse records on LGBT rights than some southern states.

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It appears to me to be a rather tit for tat, battle fought around the fringes situation that is achieving not a lot for both sides. 

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Absolutely ridiculous, silly tit for thar politics.

Ironically I'll bet he himself has visited places with far worse records on LGBT rights than some southern states.

Yeah, agree with you both. It's daft.

What I'm afraid of is this might just be the beginning of some states attempting to roll back rights for marginalised groups, and so where does the tit for tat end? It's like some of the Southern states didn't learn from the last time they considered a group of humans 'lesser'.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

What I'm afraid of is this might just be the beginning of some states attempting to roll back rights for marginalised groups, and so where does the tit for tat end? It's like some of the Southern states didn't learn from the last time they considered a group of humans 'lesser'.

Aren't the Republicans and Democrats well versed at this though? Labour and the Conservatives do it here too -they just can't stand to leave something the others put in place. 

Fortunately despite this reality, there's a secret 'line of public acceptability' that normally prevents things going too far.

Whats possibly more alarming is that me and Matt agreed on something ? Expect the rapture at around 7:15! 

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That's when they were all bloody Democrats ;)

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Aren't the Republicans and Democrats well versed at this though? Labour and the Conservatives do it here too -they just can't stand to leave something the others put in place. 

Fortunately despite this reality, there's a secret 'line of public acceptability' that normally prevents things going too far.

Whats possibly more alarming is that me and Matt agreed on something ? Expect the rapture at around 7:15! 

Don't be too hard on yourself - it happened to me once, but people were very forgiving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yeah, but I think this has the potential to go deeper than just the back-and-forth passing and removal of legislation (economic stuff, for example); it's a pretty clear attack and rollback (or at least the start thereof) on fundamental rights that took a lot of hard work to establish, simply because elements in the South for whatever reason (mostly religious) consider LGBT people to be inferior. Hope I'm wrong but it's a pretty slippery slope to be going down.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's when they were all bloody Democrats ;)

Yup. Sherman had the right idea. :thumbup:

Guest MattP

Surprised no one has posted this. At best it's totally careless reporting that compromises it's supposed neutrality, at worst they are now deliberately throwing out nonsense to try and smear the president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/business/media/cnn-retracted-story-on-trump.html

In CNN’s newsroom, it is called the Triad: a three-pronged internal system designed to ensure that sensitive reporting by the network’s journalists is unimpeachable before it runs.

Last week, the Triad fell short — and by Tuesday, the consequences were being felt across the news industry and in the hallways of the White House.

CNN was forced to apologize after retracting a story on its website that a Russian bank linked to a close ally of President Trump was under Senate investigation. Three high-ranking journalists at the network resigned.

With the Georgia by-election and this it's been a pretty good week for Donald.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Surprised no one has posted this. At best it's totally careless reporting that compromises it's supposed neutrality, at worst they are now deliberately throwing out nonsense to try and smear the president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/business/media/cnn-retracted-story-on-trump.html

With the Georgia by-election and this it's been a pretty good week for Donald.

Come on Matt, you're not surprised at all are you? This thread is for Trump bashing only. 

There's also undercover footage which has come to light this week of CNN Supervising Producer John Bonifield saying the whole Russia thing is for ratings, is 'mostly bullsh*t', 'for ratings', and 'that even if Russia did try to interfere, it's nothing new and the CIA does it in other countries all the time anyway', amongst other things.

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Come on Matt, you're not surprised at all are you? This thread is for Trump bashing only. 

There's also undercover footage which has come to light this week of CNN Supervising Producer John Bonifield saying the whole Russia thing is for ratings, is 'mostly bullsh*t', 'for ratings', and 'that even if Russia did try to interfere, it's nothing new and the CIA does it in other countries all the time anyway', amongst other things.

Just watched it, incredible.

I think even the biggest trump bashers are going to find it hard to state with any seriousness that CNN isn't out to get him.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just watched it, incredible.

I think even the biggest trump bashers are going to find it hard to state with any seriousness that CNN isn't out to get him.

I'm yet to watch it but have read the transcript and it's pretty damning, though it was obvious what they were doing anyway. No doubt it will be dismissed though, just as the videos (by the same undercover team) were of people and recruiting companies admitting they were being paid by the Democrats to go to Trump rallies to deliberately start fights and kick off in front of the cameras during the election.

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I'm yet to watch it but have read the transcript and it's pretty damning, though it was obvious what they were doing anyway. No doubt it will be dismissed though, just as the videos (by the same undercover team) were of people and recruiting companies admitting they were being paid by the Democrats to go to Trump rallies to deliberately start fights and kick off in front of the cameras during the election.

It really was quite terrible what they have done, the biggest smear job that was ever attempted in politics, I won't be able to prove it but I bet Clinton's fingerprints are all over it. It makes what they tried with Corbyn over here look acceptable.

Another thing posters in here seem to have missed, some actual news - Bernie Sanders and his wife are being hauled up for bank fraud lol - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

Just plays into trumps fake news narrative. CNN are absolute tossers.

I still dont like trump and personally think he is a bell of the highest order that has no business being in office. Clearly, Americans disagree with me so good luck to him and them. They had 2 crap choices to chose from so were screwed either way.

Let these investigations take place and if he is guilty of anything then impeach his arse (if thats possible). If not, then you have to let the man do his job without constant scrutiny. He is your president so deal with it.

Edited by Jattdogg

Whilst still on the topic of fake new too. Sarah Palin is to sue the New York Times for defamation over an editorial in which it claimed she directly incited Jared Loughner's shooting rampage in 2011 in which he shot 19 people, murdering 6, including a Chief District Court Judge and a 9 year old girl.

Another story which has gone under the radar, alongside Bernie's mishap is that Trump has never been under FBI investigation. However, Loretta Lynch is, and Hillary still is for going against ethical protocol whilst Secretary of State.

http://circa.com/politics/clinton-pressured-bangladesh-prime-minister-personally-to-help-foundation-donor

2 hours ago, Darkon84 said:

Well when Trump actually does something worthy of good repute, it'll be sure to be mentioned here. Still waiting on that one.

The CNN thing is really annoying because it's doubly stupid: putting it out there without checking their sources and making it watertight is stupid enough (when Breitbart is pulling you up about your journalism standards and they have a point, for pity's sake) but giving Trump and his supporters a so much better excuse to push the fake news/victimisation angle is near-unforgivable. Stupid and careless. The Russia stuff is tenuous at best and they should have known this.

In other news, looks like the Repubs still can't get everyone to play ball on their healthcare plan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40424962

Anybody that has bothered to research this Russia hacking BS knows its fake. Unfortunately the vast majority of people only get their news from the likes of CNN in America and the BBC in England. These guys only feed you propaganda to get their message across, not the truth.

DNC computers were never hacked by outside agencies, they were compromised from within, by workers who saw the corruption first hand and had enough of it. Namely Seth Rich. Seth Rich was murdered not too long after the leaks in an apparent robbery, even though nothing was stolen. Shawn Lucas served a lawsuit against DNC for corruption and shortly after died off a drug overdose. 3 high ranking members of wikileaks the organisation Seth leaked the documents to, all died in quick succession last year around the deaths of Seth & Shawn, namley Gavin McFadyen, John Jones & Michael Ratner. The last set of Seth Rich's DNC emails given to wikileaks was facilitated by former British Ambassador to Ukraine, Criag Murray.

Of course you're never going to hear about this from the Clinton News Network, or any MSM news oulet for that matter, because they're all in bed together. Unfortunately this is just the tip of the ice berg and this corruption runs so deep that if the truth came out the Dems and even the Reps will be destroyed, hence you see the Russian hacking narrative.

20 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Anybody that has bothered to research this Russia hacking BS knows its fake. Unfortunately the vast majority of people only get their news from the likes of CNN in America and the BBC in England. These guys only feed you propaganda to get their message across, not the truth.

DNC computers were never hacked by outside agencies, they were compromised from within, by workers who saw the corruption first hand and had enough of it. Namely Seth Rich. Seth Rich was murdered not too long after the leaks in an apparent robbery, even though nothing was stolen. Shawn Lucas served a lawsuit against DNC for corruption and shortly after died off a drug overdose. 3 high ranking members of wikileaks the organisation Seth leaked the documents to, all died in quick succession last year around the deaths of Seth & Shawn, namley Gavin McFadyen, John Jones & Michael Ratner. The last set of Seth Rich's DNC emails given to wikileaks was facilitated by former British Ambassador to Ukraine, Criag Murray.

Of course you're never going to hear about this from the Clinton News Network, or any MSM news oulet for that matter, because they're all in bed together. Unfortunately this is just the tip of the ice berg and this corruption runs so deep that if the truth came out the Dems and even the Reps will be destroyed, hence you see the Russian hacking narrative.

Firstly, the Russia stuff is tenuous at best (as said above) and it's ridiculous that the various big media organisations are running with it...but how do we know that the smaller organisations trying to 'uncover the truth' are any more trustworthy and don't have a dog in this fight themselves?

Secondly, it does smart that the Russia stuff that is likely never going to stick is front and centre while this administration is taking an axe to protections likely to have a massive long term effect on the future of a lot of the people on Earth and allowing flyover-state legislators to at least have a go at rolling back fundamental hard-won rights for demographics they don't like.

52 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well when Trump actually does something worthy of good repute, it'll be sure to be mentioned here. Still waiting on that one.

The CNN thing is really annoying because it's doubly stupid: putting it out there without checking their sources and making it watertight is stupid enough (when Breitbart is pulling you up about your journalism standards and they have a point, for pity's sake) but giving Trump and his supporters a so much better excuse to push the fake news/victimisation angle is near-unforgivable. Stupid and careless. The Russia stuff is tenuous at best and they should have known this.

In other news, looks like the Repubs still can't get everyone to play ball on their healthcare plan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40424962

The comment about Trump bashing was a bit petty and uncalled for from myself. I know we've had good debates in here on some of the subjects surrounding him and some good things have been brought up so I take that back. It's just not always to find them underneath the rhetoric and complete one-sidedness of the media around him. 

It's certainly a sad state of affairs when such huge news corporations push their own agenda so much that they can't be trusted (and that goes for all of them). The days of real journalism are almost gone, with everyone so trigger happy to be first to report on something, that they never fact check or actually research what they're writing. It's all 'shoot first, ask later' and it's a damn shame. I fancied trying my hand at journalism or persuing a career in it at one point and I'm glad I didn't as I doubt I'd be able to hold my tongue in the current environment. I'd probably get locked up for being a whistle blower lol 

Edited by Darkon84

4 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

The comment about Trump bashing was a bit petty and uncalled for from myself. I know we've had good debates in here on some of the subjects surrounding him and some good things have been brought up so I take that back. It's just not always to find them underneath the rhetoric and complete one-sidedness of the media around him. 

It's certainly a sad state of affairs when such huge news corporations push their own agenda so much that they can't be trusted (and that goes for all of them). The days of real journalism are almost gone, with everyone so trigger happy to be first to report on something, that they never fact check or actually research what they're writing. It's all 'shoot first, ask later' and it's a damn shame. I fancied trying my hand at journalism or persuing a career in it at one point and I'm glad I didn't as I doubt I'd be able to hold my tongue in the current environment. I'd probably get locked up for being a whistle blower lol 

Yeah, this is exactly why I stick to science writing/journalism. And at least reasonably noncontroversial science topics, at that.

• Like 1