Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Our governments has given state visits to leaders who have commited genocide and all sorts of attrocities and no peep.

A US president send a couple of tweets and there is hysteria

Don't get it.

I’m not sure it’s hysteria!

But had he tweeted unfounded crap designed to cause hate, fear and divisiveness against Sikhism to millions of people as the President of the free world would you hold the same opinion? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Our governments has given state visits to leaders who have commited genocide and all sorts of attrocities and no peep.

A US president send a couple of tweets and there is hysteria

Don't get it.

Me neither, he clearly made an error but we've had three days of outrage now over retweets on Twitter, it is crazy.

You would think the World had no real problems to sort out.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Me neither, he clearly made an error but we've had three days of outrage now over retweets on Twitter, it is crazy.

You would think the World had no real problems to sort out.

The leader of the western world's most powerful country publicly endorsing a fringe far-right group is not exactly going to do anything to abate those problems is it?

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The leader of the western world's most powerful country publicly endorsing a fringe far-right group is not exactly going to do anything to abate those problems is it?

Never said it would, just agreeing with Singh that I don't understand how people can get outraged for days over retweets.

Often the same people as well who voted for a man to become our leader who called groups who want to wipe every Jew off the planet his friends. 

The hypocrisy is amazing.

31 minutes ago, MattP said:

Never said it would, just agreeing with Singh that I don't understand how people can get outraged for days over retweets.

Often the same people as well who voted for a man to become our leader who called groups who want to wipe every Jew off the planet his friends. 

Well, just try and ignore the outrage and focus on what’s happened and try and understand the rational reaction to it. Trump is interfering in British politics by promoting a fringe, extremist party. You think that's OK?

When President Obama told the UK to vote ‘Remain’, and you call it political interference of a foreign power. President Trump retweets Britain First propaganda, and you’re like “I don't understand how people can get outraged for days.”

The hypocracy is truly amazing.

And you still manage to find a way to take a swipe at Corbyn. I see at least you’ve stopped blaming him for  his part in the Serbian genocide, and you now have him supporting the genocide of the entire Jewish race!

Can you get the Sun to add "Genocidal maniac" to the list of his crimes in the dustbin? Maybe right after "Nuclear Surrender".

Image result for jezza headline

• Like 4

Personally, I don't mind that Trump decided to voice his opinion about issues in the UK, just the same as I didn't mind Obama doing similar when the EU vote came around. The US and the UK are friends and I'm not so interested in sovereignty that I think other countries shouldn't question the way things are here and voice their opinion.

What I do mind is that he is using this platform to effectively endorse and give publicity to a far-right group who have an agenda that while not advocating wholesale "cleansing" do espouse the disenfranchisement of an entire demographic. These views have been amplified and have reached many other people who wouldn't normally even know about Britain First until Trump did those retweets. He's given them a much bigger platform to air their views than they normally would have. Spencer and his bunch of merry men will be delighted that they have folks that think like them over the pond and that their President is willing to bring attention to them.

So yeah, I don't think that it's interfering with him giving his views - just that his views on this matter (as in quite a few others) are odious, IMO.

And regarding anti-Semitism...given the acts of folks like Spencer right now I'm not entirely sure there can be a non-hypocritical discussion here - if there's one thing that the far left and far right (as well as quite a few Muslims) agree on it's that they don't like Jews.

Guest FriendlyRam

Flynn to testify against Trump ??? hopefully this is the start but not holding my breath.just please get him out of there before he starts a war with iran or north korea

Guest FriendlyRam

If he fires sessions thats the end for him imo, he really should be toast after this but like i said, he seems to worm his way out of it everytime. How he worms his way out ofthis though is anyones guess.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

So it's wrong to be "outraged" for a couple of days over a foreign president meddling in British politics and then insulting the prime minister but it's alright to continuously dredge up comments made literally decades ago and use them to make repeated hyperbolic claims that person is "dangerous"?

You're right, the hypocrisy is staggering.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

The first nail in Trump's coffin has just been hammered in. I'm very excited to see what happens next. Impeachment? Will Trump try and fire Sessions, and replace him with someone who will fire Mueller? Will Mueller charge Trump Jr, Jared Kushner, etc.

Well, if Flynn is indeed the first domino, where does it go from here?

And if he tries to fire Mueller now the world and his mother will know he has something to hide and will demand action, so I'm not sure that he can.

22 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

So it's wrong to be "outraged" for a couple of days over a foreign president meddling in British politics and then insulting the prime minister but it's alright to continuously dredge up comments made literally decades ago and use them to make repeated hyperbolic claims that person is "dangerous"?

You're right, the hypocrisy is staggering.

It is.

You need to get your facts right before you respond to these things though, the comments were made in 2009, not "literally decades ago".

Fact remains though Donald Trump has promoted hate groups, Jeremy Corbyn has promoted hate groups, if you voted for the latter it's laughable you can now pontificate about the former. 

The whole thing has almost become a joke now, I watched Sadiq Khan on the news earlier saying those who promote hate shouldn't be allowed onto Britain, this is same person who fought tooth and nail to get Louis Farrakhan into the country!

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

It is.

You need to get your facts right before you respond to these things though, the comments were made in 2009, not "literally decades ago".

Fact remains though Donald Trump has promoted hate groups, Jeremy Corbyn has promoted hate groups, if you voted for the latter it's laughable you can now pontificate about the former. 

The whole thing has almost become a joke now, I watched Sadiq Khan on the news earlier saying those who promote hate shouldn't be allowed onto Britain, this is same person who fought tooth and nail to get Louis Farrakhan into the country!

Haven’t read into what Khan said before but on face value yes that does seem like hypocrisy. 

But in general condemning what he said isn’t hypocrisy. It has only been what, one day since he said it, so it’s not like the condemnation has been going on for months. I’m sure everyone will have moved on by Monday. 

For me it’s encouraging sign that British society is willing to stand up for itself, it’s a shame that some people want to shut that down and go back to being weak.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

"BUT CORBYN IS FRIENDS WITH DANGEROUS PEOPLE" lol, give it a rest, that shit it tired and clutching hard.

I don't expect his fanboys to give a shit, that's what happens with a cult, just pointing out he's promoted hate groups in the past. Far worse than Britain First as well given Hamas at the time were calling for similar policy towards the Jews that the Nazis had.

Close your eyes to it if it makes you feel better, I'm not that bothered, he could be caught riddling kids with bullets and guys like you would defend him.

Just now, Rogstanley said:

Haven’t read into what Khan said before but on face value yes that does seem like hypocrisy. 

But in general condemning what he said isn’t hypocrisy. It has only been what, one day since he said it, so it’s not like the condemnation has been going on for months. I’m sure everyone will have moved on by Monday. 

For me it’s encouraging sign that British society is willing to stand up for itself, it’s a shame that some people want to shut that down and go back to being weak.

No problem condemning Trump at all, he shouldn't be sharing anything from groups like Britain First.

Just wish people took the same attitude when our own politicians promoted hate groups.

I can't really get excited about it. I'm hoping the date of any visit will just never be set and he'll disappear before we need to worry about it. 

I'm much more worried about the number of nobs in this country who like Britain first Facebook posts oblivious to who is behind them and the fact that the content is made up bullshit.

I do think mattp needs to get over this whole corbyn is a terrorist thing. He just agrees with things which aren't mainstream in the UK. Nothing about the guy tells me that he believes in the annihilation of an ant, let alone a race.

Trump's a bellend. We all know it, most of the us knows it, the rest of the world certainly knows it. Teresa May needs to stop being so wishy washy but won't. I'd quite like our leader to just address the American people and say that we will always be their steadfast friends but they've made a terrible error of judgement and so we will continue to work with them where possible but our support will not ignore his errors and we may have to step away at times.

Edited by Guest

Just now, toddybad said:

I do think mattp needs to get over this whole corbyn is a terrorist thing. He just agrees with things which aren't mainstream in the UK. Nothing about the guy tells me that he believes in the annihilation of an ant, let alone a race.

not happening any time soon dude. I realised it's infinitely better to not argue with Matt and now just laugh at him instead - it's much more satisfying. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

No problem condemning Trump at all, he shouldn't be sharing anything from groups like Britain First.

Just wish people took the same attitude when our own politicians promoted hate groups.

Was Corbyn or whoever you are referring to not criticised at the time he made those comments? I’m sure he would have been unless his profile was just too low back then. Obviously if he promoted a hate group today he would be roundly condemned and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

That's just hyperbole to try and discredit my points. Corbyn isn't a terrorist and I have never accused him of of being so. He has promoted some horrific groups though who are terrorists.

I think he's prepared to tolerate anti-semitism providing its based around a criticism of Israel.

(For what it's worth I just think the guy is actually,  a useful idiot for those groups, unlike people like McDonnell who are genuinely malevolent)

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

Was Corbyn or whoever you are referring to not criticised at the time he made those comments? I’m sure he would have been unless his profile was just too low back then. Obviously if he promoted a hate group today he would be roundly condemned and rightly so.

To be fair to him he has expressed regret over it, though as you can imagine many are dubious over the regret when you see the anti-semitism now thriving in the party.

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

not happening any time soon dude. I realised it's infinitely better to not argue with Matt and now just laugh at him instead - it's much more satisfying. 

I find it such a shame as well as your political insight and contributions are invaluable.