Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Looking forward to the shitstorm of rioting and flag-burning to be honest. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Turn the news on this morning to see that exact image. Crowd of angry people burning USA flags and pictures of Donald Trump. For people who hate the USA so much, they sure do find it easy to buy American Flags lol Where do they even buy American flags from?? I've never seen an American flag on sale in Leicester, find it hard to believe you would find one in Palestine or Isreal.

Sometimes I wonder if they're given these flags from the media to create an image but I then I have to take my tin foil hat off and tell myself that would never happen...i hope.

Edited by Christoph

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Turn the news on this morning to see that exact image. Crowd of angry people burning USA flags and pictures of Donald Trump. For people who hate the USA so much, they sure do find it easy to buy American Flags lol Where do they even buy American flags from?? I've never seen an American flag on sale in Leicester, find it hard to believe you would find one in Palestine or Isreal.

Sometimes I wonder if they're given these flags from the media to create an image but I then I have to take my tin foil hat off and tell myself that would never happen...i hope.

I like to think there's a entrepreneurial Jewish guy selling them on the West Bank. Business is business after all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Whatever you think of him Trump really does keep his promises doesn't he? I didn't think he'd do this.

So much ignorance all over the internet today, anyone who isn’t Jewish or deeply familiar with Jewish history, custom and faith cannot understand the significance of Jerusalem. It’s not possible for East Jerusalem to be separated from the state of Israel.

That small part of that small city is the womb of the Jewish people, it has been through every exile, pogrom and massacre of them.

It must be part of Israel, which includes Islamic Jordanian governance of the Temple Mount and equal status for Israel’s Arab Muslim and Christian citizens, but don't expect the press to give you that information on the front page of anything.

He'll be the most popular US president in history in Israel now.

Like building a wall and Mexico paying for it?

Like replacing Obamacare with health coverage that will be less expensive, but you'll keep your doctor.

Like labeling China a currency manipulator?

Like balancing the budget and paying down the federal debt?

But yeah, I'm sure he'll get right on it after he makes peace in the middle east.

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yup. This.

In a way, I can understand why Trump has done what he's done - he likes picking sides ("with us or against us") and clear delineations between "good" and "evil" as he thinks of it. This most definitely aids that delineation - other perfectly legitimate claims to the region be damned.

I also understand where the fundie Zionists are coming from too - as far as they're concerned their people have been threatened with extinction for a very long time (not to mention more than one attempt to actually make that happen), so putting together a situation where that can never happen again is priority one for them. A strong homeland (not to mention a full nuclear triad with the option for retaliating against everyone if necessary - the Samson Option) is a key part of that. They're paranoid, but some might say they have good reason to be.

That all said, the simple truth is that more people are likely to die because this decision was taken than because it was not.

48 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Heading to the US for a few days before going to see the wife's family. Probably going to reset my phone and other devices so they don't see any negative comments about Trump!

Mate of mine lives in NYC and he told me a few weeks ago that they're now collecting social media data from all people entering the USA. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yup. This.

In a way, I can understand why Trump has done what he's done - he likes picking sides ("with us or against us") and clear delineations between "good" and "evil" as he thinks of it. This most definitely aids that delineation - other perfectly legitimate claims to the region be damned.

I also understand where the fundie Zionists are coming from too - as far as they're concerned their people have been threatened with extinction for a very long time (not to mention more than one attempt to actually make that happen), so putting together a situation where that can never happen again is priority one for them. A strong homeland (not to mention a full nuclear triad with the option for retaliating against everyone if necessary - the Samson Option) is a key part of that. They're paranoid, but some might say they have good reason to be.

That all said, the simple truth is that more people are likely to die because this decision was taken than because it was not.

I copied and pasted that post into a comment on the Guardian live blog comments yesterday. They deleted it within 47 seconds. So I posted it again. Deleted immediately. Third time lucky... Deleted again and my comments put on pre-moderation. "Comment is free", innit.

• Haha 1

Mate of mine lives in NYC and he told me a few weeks ago that they're now collecting social media data from all people entering the USA. 
Shhiiittt....

I've read that they can force you to unlock your devices and see what you've been doing. I hope that's what he means and not that they are preemptively collecting data.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Heard reports about this too - not entirely sure if true or if so exactly who they're collecting the data from.

Also heard a rumour it does apply to green card holders - If it does then I've got the ACLU on speed dial.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Shhiiittt....

I've read that they can force you to unlock your devices and see what you've been doing. I hope that's what he means and not that they are preemptively collecting data.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Heard reports about this too - not entirely sure if true or if so exactly who they're collecting the data from.

Also heard a rumour it does apply to green card holders - If it does then I've got the ACLU on speed dial.

Immigrants, holidaymakers, green card holders, naturalised citizens. All of them, at the point of entry. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-immigrant-monitor-facebook-twitter-surveillance-plans-latest-a7970861.html

Same guy has been living in NYC for 5 years already; every year he has to re-register his visa in the US embassy in London. They've fvcked it up this year and he's currently been back in the UK since SEPTEMBER, not knowing why he can't go home yet. He's not a Muslim but has a Hindu inspired name, which is what he thinks is causing the issue. The irony is that in New York he works for a government funded university, so they're fvcking themselves over!

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Immigrants, holidaymakers, green card holders, naturalised citizens. All of them, at the point of entry. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-immigrant-monitor-facebook-twitter-surveillance-plans-latest-a7970861.html

Same guy has been living in NYC for 5 years already; every year he has to re-register his visa in the US embassy in London. They've fvcked it up this year and he's currently been back in the UK since SEPTEMBER, not knowing why he can't go home yet. He's not a Muslim but has a Hindu inspired name, which is what he thinks is causing the issue. The irony is that in New York he works for a government funded university, so they're fvcking themselves over!

Sigh.

Counterproductive and daft, for the exact reasons mentioned in the article.

Mods: If some of my posts disappear over the next few days please don't ban me :)

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Better disable that anal fisting group you operate on facebook. Dont ask how i know about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Heading to the US for a few days before going to see the wife's family. Probably going to reset my phone and other devices so they don't see any negative comments about Trump!

What other kind of comments are there? The guy sure can cause massive stirs. He must have been born with the gift.

• Like 1

Is it true there is video footage of Obama, Clinton and Bush all declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? 

I can't find it on YouTube. 

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Is it true there is video footage of Obama, Clinton and Bush all declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? 

I can't find it on YouTube. 

Clinton stated he supported recognising Jerusalem as the capital, but didn't go as far as declaring it the capital.

Bush promised to start the process to move the embassy, easy to start a process that wouldn't get finished.

Obama as candidate called it the capital to a pro-Isreal lobby group (and quickly backtracked to CNN), but as President said it would be 'explosive' to do so.

Basically, they all said they'd recognise it to benefit them, and then didn't do it understanding what the fall out would be. I think people expected the same of Trump during the campaigning, but he isn't a traditional Politician and is following through on this campaign promise. Which, while people should have expected him to do what he said he would do, has blind sided people! 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/what-have-past-presidents-said-about-israel-and-jerusalem/9234736

On 07/12/2017 at 08:56, MattP said:

Whatever you think of him Trump really does keep his promises doesn't he? I didn't think he'd do this.

So much ignorance all over the internet today, anyone who isn’t Jewish or deeply familiar with Jewish history, custom and faith cannot understand the significance of Jerusalem. It’s not possible for East Jerusalem to be separated from the state of Israel.

That small part of that small city is the womb of the Jewish people, it has been through every exile, pogrom and massacre of them.

It must be part of Israel, which includes Islamic Jordanian governance of the Temple Mount and equal status for Israel’s Arab Muslim and Christian citizens, but don't expect the press to give you that information on the front page of anything.

He'll be the most popular US president in history in Israel now.

I don't think you need to be Jewish or have a PHD in history to understand the significance of Jerusalem to all three Abrahamic religions. 

No one group has any more right to it on a cultural or religious level and that's ultimately the biggest problem and has been for a few thousand years. 

Womb of the Jewish people it may be but it's also where the Muslim and Christian people both* believe their most important prophets ascended to heaven from. 

I mean the **** are you meant to do with that as any kind of neutral diplomat? 

It's alright saying it can never be separated from Israel but clearly there's an enormous section of the world that feel it can never be separated from Palestine and the Arab community. 

It's not one of the most complex problems in international politics for nothing and it's always needed a more subtle touch than someone like Trump is going to provide. 

Man should have stuck to his wall, Obamacare and job creation and left the middle east and Korea as much alone as he possibly could. Fix your own country, make America great again, leave the rest of the world be. 

I doubt many Jewish Israeli soldiers and policemen being drafted to "sensitive" sites around Jerusalem today to guard against the backlash are any more fond of Donald Trump right now than the Korean servicemen frantically carrying out live fire drills along their borders preparing for the rising threat of conflict from the north. 

Man's an arse. 

(*apologies if I'm butchering the Mi'raj there, my understanding is pretty crude.)

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think you need to be Jewish or have a PHD in history to understand the significance of Jerusalem to all three Abrahamic religions. 

No one group has any more right to it on a cultural or religious level and that's ultimately the biggest problem and has been for a few thousand years. 

Womb of the Jewish people it may be but it's also where the Muslim and Christian people both* believe their most important prophets ascended to heaven from. 

I mean the **** are you meant to do with that as any kind of neutral diplomat? 

It's alright saying it can never be separated from Israel but clearly there's an enormous section of the world that feel it can never be separated from Palestine and the Arab community. 

It's not one of the most complex problems in international politics for nothing and it's always needed a more subtle touch than someone like Trump is going to provide. 

Man should have stuck to his wall, Obamacare and job creation and left the middle east and Korea as much alone as he possibly could. Fix your own country, make America great again, leave the rest of the world be. 

I doubt many Jewish Israeli soldiers and policemen being drafted to "sensitive" sites around Jerusalem today to guard against the backlash are any more fond of Donald Trump right now than the Korean servicemen frantically carrying out live fire drills along their borders preparing for the rising threat of conflict from the north. 

Man's an arse. 

(*apologies if I'm butchering the Mi'raj there, my understanding is pretty crude.)

Couldn’t agree more.

22 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Clinton stated he supported recognising Jerusalem as the capital, but didn't go as far as declaring it the capital.

Bush promised to start the process to move the embassy, easy to start a process that wouldn't get finished.

Obama as candidate called it the capital to a pro-Isreal lobby group (and quickly backtracked to CNN), but as President said it would be 'explosive' to do so.

Basically, they all said they'd recognise it to benefit them, and then didn't do it understanding what the fall out would be.

It's scary that we now actually normalise politicians teling blatent outright lies to get elected isn't it?

Trump actually tweeted the video himself, Clinton did say it - exact line was "Jeruselem is still the capital of Israel"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/939006911629869056/video/1

In the first three lines you probably have why people like Trump get elected in the first place though, so many people are sick of people in positions of power just lying through their teeth to get votes and then doing nothing about, Obama even managed to get away with it twice somehow.

Totally on board with you and @Finnegan regarding him staying out of the Middle East, but again, I don't get the outrage - all he has actually done is publicly stated American policy in pretty much the same way others have among their own people. If he does set about moving the embassy that's obviously a stage further but we cross that when we come to it.

Trump is very popular in Israel though, no denying that - http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Israel-an-exception-in-international-views-of-Trump-498066